Ashamed & Disgusted | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ashamed & Disgusted

cheerio2

On the Ice
I'm ashamed and disgusted by people who don't seem to understand the concept of free speech and start pearl-clutching threads. This is a SPORTS forum, not a tea party. People are going to have opinions about skaters' skating, good or bad. Deal with it.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Why would one not jeer when a rival opponent makes a mistake? It is a sport! Don't we do that in other sports? When the other team strikes out or hits a foul don't we cheer? What's the difference? I jeer when a skater I don't like falls or messes up. It's only natural. I'm not wishing them to get physically hurt but why would I want them to skate well? That's absurd. This aint no beauty pageant!
I remember when back in '92 they showed Yamaguchi during Ito's skate. What was her reaction when Ito fell? She winced as if in pain. That is sportsmanship.

RobinA

On the Ice
Why would one not jeer when a rival opponent makes a mistake? It is a sport! Don't we do that in other sports? When the other team strikes out or hits a foul don't we cheer? What's the difference? I jeer when a skater I don't like falls or messes up. It's only natural. I'm not wishing them to get physically hurt but why would I want them to skate well? That's absurd. This aint no beauty pageant!

Uh...no? Personally, I don't jeer any competitor in any sport. What a nasty little life you lead.

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
I'm ashamed and disgusted by people who don't seem to understand the concept of free speech and start pearl-clutching threads. This is a SPORTS forum, not a tea party. People are going to have opinions about skaters' skating, good or bad. Deal with it.

Then why come on this thread ?!

sk8tngcanuck

On the Ice
FCOL Sky - this thread is about NOT trashing skaters but rather just showing support for those you like. It wasn't intended to be yet ANOTHER thread for you to flood with your pointless trash talk....... We get it.. you didn't like the results from FOUR years ago.... GET OVER IT AND MOVE ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

agreed home boosting happens in host countries in Vancouver 2010 lets not forget the inflated marks of Vortue / Moir, Joannie Rochette and the notorious Dube / Wolfe, in Salt Lake Slutskaya was undermarked on the SP, Hughes got huge scores once Kwan was no longer a threat for the OGM