Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The feelings/rant/etc. thread.

Custom Title
    1) Julia does not look 15. #sorrynotsorry

2) Did anyone else notice the lack of enthusiasm with regards to the rest of the US figure skating team (the ones who weren't chosen to compete in team competition) on the Team's bronze? There were some well wishes, but muted, or none at all when the skaters have and continue to tweet alot. I wonder if that is awkward at all....I would think so.

3) I like Rachael as a person, and I think she's a good role model for student athletes. But she always refers to her own experiences/accomplishments whenever she praises other US figure skating athletes. Like, we get it. You were there too.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Hah, good luck with that. But a good idea.

My rant: the anonymous judging needs to stop. We need to know which judge gives which GOE and which PCS marks, down to every element. Each judge must have a track record on what scores they give and be held accountable when they have scores that skew or grossly deviate from others. Also, the top PCS/GOE score and lowest PCS/GOE scores must be eliminated. Too often this will be used to lowball skaters deserving higher scores and inflate skaters that skate average but end up getting higher scores. And there need to be consequences for this bs. Judges essentially must be feared into judging properly and impartially.

http://keepingscore.blogs.time.com/2...kating-russia/
    What was the initial argument for anonymous judging anyway? Was it supposed to be so judges didn't feel intimidated by other judges? Given that COP was initially introduced in response to the judge collusion accusations, making it even more difficult to hold individual judges accountable seems bizarre. Though, this Olympics, even more so than judges, the objectivity of the technical callers seems in question.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Angryyew View Post
    What was the initial argument for anonymous judging anyway? Was it supposed to be so judges didn't feel intimidated by other judges? Given that COP was initially introduced in response to the judge collusion accusations, making it even more difficult to hold individual judges accountable seems bizarre. Though, this Olympics, even more so than judges, the objectivity of the technical callers seems in question.
    The screwball logic was that the feds themselves would not know how their judges voted, and therefore the judges could not possibly be influenced.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cornell08 View Post
    1) Julia does not look 15. #sorrynotsorry
    I love how all fellow white westerners complain that the Chinese female gymnasts lie about their age, the government covers up for them, etc.

Not a word about Julia though. Talk about racism.

Banned
    The anonymous judging was not created to eliminate cheating, it was created to eliminate the public's ability to discover cheating when it happens.

Custom Title
    Mr Trankov and Ms Duhamel need someone who actually knows how to cut hair to work on theirs. Sweet Jeebus, lawn mowers on crack could do a better job.

I hope Ms. Virtue donates her team LP dress to a museum because it was that beautiful. Mr. Mor however should avoid the "velour track suit with puffy sleeves" look in the future.

Olympics-related rants
    Julia needs to smile! She's super serious all the time!
    Evgeni, your kisses does not impress me.
    Agreeing with most of you, stop the anonymous judging.
    Jeremy, you need to go!
    Yuna, why did you stay home? I want her all over the Olympic village and have fun.
    Jason needs to cut his hair. However, it'll be like a Samson effect.
    Tara, Sandra, and Sarah needs to stop gushing (ala Peggy) and wait until the Ladies event. It ain't over until it's over.
    If there's an excessive amount of Chanflation/Plushflation during the Men's SP when it's not deserve, heads will roll.

Raves
    I love Akiko's LP dress.
    I love Carolina's SP dress.
    Never change, Johnny! Never change!
    Gracie is impressing me, each competition at a time.
    Four years ago it was Yuna > Mao. Now it's Yuna = Mao. I love them equally. On the other hand, in 2010 it was Voir > Merlie. Now it's Merlie > Voir. Scott really turned me off.

Custom Title
    Here we go:

1) I am sick of teens that look like they are five winning gold medals when Prima Ballerinas that have devoted their lives to the craft get nil.
    2) Julia, Plushenko, were massively overscored.
    3) Japanese skaters like Mao, Akiko, Daisuke and Tatsuki are going to get raped in the scores - it is obvious.
    4) I/K's Elena came across as very full of herself on American TV replay last night. Insufferable.
    5) The Canadian commentator on NBC is really awful - she should not be on our screens. D/W are to be celebrated and she is not the right person to lead us in celebration.
    6) Lysacek is all class, Plushenko continues to be so smug - it is really unbecoming.
    7) The despicable rumor is unfairly deflecting from the greatness of Davis/White
    8) Their FD world record is a fair one and the gap between their total score should have been the same since last year.
    9) Meryl needs to change her dress. I do not like the darker color or material for the SD and I prefer the light FD dress she wore to Nationals..
    10) The Russian audience is not appreciative of the skaters I most love.
    11) I am sick of Russians vs Canadians vs Americans on these boards. It is nasty and unnecessary. So many beautiful skills and talents have come from all three nations and we are not celebrating this enough. Also, the Japanese are vastly underrated and it is making me very sad.
    12) I am still hurting because of Abbott's implosion.... reeling.... I know he will implode further and expect him to be between 11th and 13th.
    13) The veterans are getting crapped on - except for Plushenko.
    14) S/S are making too many changes and leaving too many options.
    15) Our American pairs suck and the possibility of improving is unlikelier than ever.
    16) I do not really like either Gold or Wagner - I love loving my American ladies and I just do not for this Olympics.
    17) I know Mirai would have landed last in the SD and not advance to the FD given the intolerance for underrotations at this Olympics.
    18) I have all of my hopes for any medal resting on the performance of D/W.
    19) I have zero confidence in our Pairs/Ladies/Mens and know they will all return empty handed. That is embarrassing.
    20) So many of my beloved skaters will return home without medals to retire - it makes me extremely sad. I have a quadless Jason Brown, Max Aaron and Richard Dorbush to look forward too. Ugggh....

Custom Title
    Tessa's dress is absolutely gorgeous - she looks like a Russian bride. It is gorgeous and I think that Scott should complement her with a costume that has less black on it.

Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    Mr Trankov and Ms Duhamel need someone who actually knows how to cut hair to work on theirs. Sweet Jeebus, lawn mowers on crack could do a better job.

I hope Ms. Virtue donates her team LP dress to a museum because it was that beautiful. Mr. Mor however should avoid the "velour track suit with puffy sleeves" look in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetskates1 View Post
    here we go:

1) i am sick of teens that look like they are five winning gold medals when prima ballerinas that have devoted their lives to the craft get nil.
    2) julia, plushenko, were massively overscored.
    3) japanese skaters like mao, akiko, daisuke and tatsuki are going to get raped in the scores - it is obvious.
    4) i/k's elena came across as very full of herself on american tv replay last night. Insufferable.
    5) the canadian commentator on nbc is really awful - she should not be on our screens. D/w are to be celebrated and she is not the right person to lead us in celebration.
    6) lysacek is all class, plushenko continues to be so smug - it is really unbecoming.
    7) the despicable rumor is unfairly deflecting from the greatness of davis/white
    8) their fd world record is a fair one and the gap between their total score should have been the same since last year.
    9) meryl needs to change her dress. I do not like the darker color or material for the sd and i prefer the light fd dress she wore to nationals..
    10) the russian audience is not appreciative of the skaters i most love.
    11) i am sick of russians vs canadians vs americans on these boards. It is nasty and unnecessary. So many beautiful skills and talents have come from all three nations and we are not celebrating this enough. Also, the japanese are vastly underrated and it is making me very sad.
    12) i am still hurting because of abbott's implosion.... Reeling.... I know he will implode further and expect him to be between 11th and 13th.
    13) the veterans are getting crapped on - except for plushenko.
    14) s/s are making too many changes and leaving too many options.
    15) our american pairs suck and the possibility of improving is unlikelier than ever.
    16) i do not really like either gold or wagner - i love loving my american ladies and i just do not for this olympics.
    17) i know mirai would have landed last in the sd and not advance to the fd given the intolerance for underrotations at this olympics.
    18) i have all of my hopes for any medal resting on the performance of d/w.
    19) i have zero confidence in our pairs/ladies/mens and know they will all return empty handed. That is embarrassing.
    20) so many of my beloved skaters will return home without medals to retire - it makes me extremely sad. I have a quadless jason brown, max aaron and richard dorbush to look forward too. Ugggh....
    this. All of this.

15) Our American pairs suck and the possibility of improving is unlikelier than ever.

Definitely do not agree with this at all. Marissa and Simon have made some clear improvements since the last quad. The SP, in particular, is full of amazing choreography and transitions and it's quite impressive that they scored 64+ even with a major error on their SBS jumps. They also got a new PB in their free skate as well.

Here is there SP from the fall of 2010: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEzmY12Q7ac

If you compare that with their SP from this season...you can see a LOT Of improvement.

The SP at U.S. Nationals WAS AMAZING, pretty much everyone in the top 7 stepped it up.

Our U.S. pairs are not competitive internationally, but that will come with time, I think, especially with several of the top pairs retiring.

Custom Title
    Meh... I am glad you are optimistic and I hope I eat my words.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Definitely do not agree with this at all. Marissa and Simon have made some clear improvements since the last quad. The SP, in particular, is full of amazing choreography and transitions and it's quite impressive that they scored 64+ even with a major error on their SBS jumps. They also got a new PB in their free skate as well.

Here is there SP from the fall of 2010: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEzmY12Q7ac

If you compare that with their SP from this season...you can see a LOT Of improvement.

The SP at U.S. Nationals WAS AMAZING, pretty much everyone in the top 7 stepped it up.

Our U.S. pairs are not competitive internationally, but that will come with time, I think, especially with several of the top pairs retiring.

I burst into tears when I learned that Daisuke Takahashi had arrived in Sochi.

(Hey, you said this was the "feelings" thread.)

Custom Title
    I've been mostly watching--thanks to a friend of mind--the Canadian coverage and I am shocked at just how much of an apologist Kurt Browning is for Canadian skaters. On the other hand, I could listen to Carol Lane all day--while she appears contractually obligated to be pro-Canadian, she's fair more reasonable about it. I fully expect to be handed my butt for saying that...

...And for saying this. I've been a Yankees fan my whole life (I was born in the Bronx, after all), but I've never seen crowds as partisan as the ones I've seen here. Never.

Awaiting Boris and Oleg
    I'll join the rant that Julia was grossly overmarked, in both PCS and some of the TES marks. She IS good, but not THAT good -- not yet, anyway.

Same with Plush -- his programs for me have no coherence or concept, just elements with a lot of posturing. I did like his LP better than his SP, and I do think he is overall amazing, just think that the scores were inflated.

Japan only having three spots for men and ladies -- gah! That is unfair to the world for missing potentially wonderful performances from the likes of Kozuka and Oda and Miyahara.

@aftertherain -- tears of joy for Dai, I presume? Or were you wishing Oda or Kozuka were there instead?

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast