The feelings/rant/etc. thread. | Page 7 | Golden Skate

The feelings/rant/etc. thread.

kresslia

Medalist
How can Chan lose something that he never had? People are saying he lost the gold, he never had it to start with....he won the silver. Just sayin
C'mon. Let's be real here. Gold was as good as his as long as he was relatively clean in his LP - he could have made a couple minor errors, even fallen. But he imploded.

Imo he didn't win silver today, he lost gold. And I'm sure that's exactly how he feels right now, he was definitely crying after coming second. It's just like in the final hockey game - the silver medallists feel like they lost the gold that day. If Hanyu was clean, it wouldn't be like this, but Patrick had the biggest chance of his entire life and he blew it. That makes it sting all that much more.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I liked the way he looked at the ceremony:laugh: In general, I prefer Yuzuru's childish behavior and the way he show his feelings to the 'god of skating' aura other figure skating champions have.

Ice dance: I don't care at the moment whether Tessa and Scott win the gold, silver, bronze, or don't even make it to the podium. I just want to see them for the last time in a competition, creating that magic atmosphere that I never felt with any other skaters.

Robeye

Final Flight
Not really a rant, but I hope Yuzuru does some bulking. His body reminds me of Juliet, not Romeo (although it's a BRILLIANT program, performance wise).
At the flower ceremony, he looked like a pretty princess :eek::
Or maybe one of those Japanese anime characters who's the president of the high school's skating club, and two of the freshman girl members are fighting a war over him, meanwhile he's lusting after the beautiful senior curler who's going to graduate in six months and go to some isolated Scottish village off a loch to train...:laugh:

(of course, maybe we're basically saying the same thing :p)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
nothing wrong with Yuzuru's costume
in asia, what is perceived feminine is way different than western/US

Anime is colorful and funky anyways, also east asian men actors are more feminine looking
compared to the cleft chin hollywood standard that Americans love

Barb

Record Breaker
I think Yuzu should to gain weight/muscle but not because his looks :rolleye: , but because he seems sooooo tired in comp. especially in LP, I know he has asthma but I think he could to gain condition with more weight.

lady_bee

Medalist
I enjoyed reading this thread so much!
Here are mine,

1. No red lipstick, no red costume for fair-skinned blonde. It irritates my eyes. I don’t like even Witt’s Carnen costume.

2. I don’t like Daisuke’s Beatles Medley! I can’t say that loudly, because there are so many “DISK”s, who worship him. I want say the music is choppy and choreography is rather boring. He should’ve gone back to Camerlengo. 

3. I just watched the men’s medal ceremony. Those boys on the podium were so adorable. I am happy that Ten has learned how to shave his face.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Or maybe one of those Japanese anime characters who's the president of the high school's skating club, and two of the freshman girl members are fighting a war over him, meanwhile he's lusting after the beautiful senior curler who's going to graduate in six months and go to some isolated Scottish village off a loch to train...:laugh:

(of course, maybe we're basically saying the same thing :p)

He sort of reminds me of a character from Hana Yori Dango (Boys over Flowers). :)

I think he's adorable.

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
Yes, Hanyu definitely looks like an anime character.
I like his lanky, long-limbed frame. If he could improve his POSTURE, though...

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Yes, Hanyu definitely looks like an anime character.
I like his lanky, long-limbed frame. If he could improve his POSTURE, though...

ever heard of Pumuckl? He's a Kobold from a German radio play series for children, invented in 1961. Later on it was turned into a very successful TV series. Pumuckl is one of the most popular characters in children's entertainment in Germany and several generations have now grown up with the cheeky but funny little Kobold..

The German commentator said that Kevin Reynolds got shown Pumuckl, and he ROTFL and acknowledged the similarity. He didn't cite Pumuckl as his original inspiration though. ;)

Angryyew

Rinkside
Guess I should have posted this in this thread instead of in the Men's LP thread...

Somebody, please get Yuzuru Hanyu some decent clothes to skate in. I don't care if everybody thinks I'm intolerant, I don't think men should dress like Jimmy MacElroy at the Olympics. And while you're at it, give the poor kid a haircut and teach him how to stand up straight.

And Chan...*facepalm*

I have no idea who you are referencing, so whatever intolerance you have, I'm not gonna agree or disagree. However, it was definitely an ugly costume. IMO, not the worst in the event, but ugly.

Johnny Weir is one of my favorite skaters of all time, but I have hated the vast majority of his costumes and would be just fine with there being a lifetime ban on Johnny weir costumes in the future ;)

I thought the unitard the Italian guy wore for the SP, the neon orange shirt and mom jeans from the LP and Kevin Reynolds LP costume were far worse crimes against fashion. Not a fan of that firebird costume either.

CarneAsada

Medalist
I don't think Hanyu looks like a grown woman, or a girl for that matter. The upper half of his FS costume may not be the most he-man thing out there, but there is a difference between intrinsically looking like a boy (Hanyu) and looking like a woman (Weir).

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
I really like Hanyu's lp costume. Agree it isn't "he-man" but I don't see it as too feminine, either. I thought it had interesting detail without being over the top. I like that it had some stylistic touches but did they not take away from seeing his posture and lines (whatever you think of them), it wasn't distracting, didn't have multiple loose flapping parts (I know the front of the top had a little overlay but there weren't giant loose flapping ruffles, e.g.), and I really like the asymmetric lines and the ombre effect of the white meeting the black. For me, it was loads better than Joubert's see-through top with the huge collar and broad lapels or Ten's loosened-tie look.

waxel

Final Flight
Mr Trankov and Ms Duhamel need someone who actually knows how to cut hair to work on theirs. Sweet Jeebus, lawn mowers on crack could do a better job.

LMFAO. Whoever did Megan's hair? There's a lawsuit involved. She looks like Imogene Coca or Rosanne Rosanneadana... or Kristen Wiig's Dooneese on SNL. Google away.

Angryyew

Rinkside
LMFAO. Whoever did Megan's hair? There's a lawsuit involved. She looks like Imogene Coca or Rosanne Rosanneadana... or Kristen Wiig's Dooneese on SNL. Google away.

She kept reminding me of Ashley's distractingly fugly haircut from season 1 of Degrassi the Next Generation.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Alright, I need to vent for a moment about what a piece of steaming turd the NBC Sochi website is.

You have to click through to see anything. I am going to sue them years from now to pay for my carpal tunnel bills. Vancouver had a great, usable interface. This has prettier graphics AND NOTHING ELSE.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

millie

Medalist

Meghan's hair is fixable so is Meryl's nose. Lol

louisa05

Final Flight
I think Yuzu should to gain weight/muscle but not because his looks :rolleye: , but because he seems sooooo tired in comp. especially in LP, I know he has asthma but I think he could to gain condition with more weight.

More weight usually translates to more breathing problems for asthmatics. So, no, that is not a solution for him.

I lost weight after an illness several years ago. I went from a size 8-10 to a 2-4. And my breathing vastly improved. I eventually gained to about a 6, which is a more ideal weight for me, and my breathing is still better. I have not used maintenance medication since losing. Basically, even a little extra weight can have a negative impact on asthma.

desertskates

Medalist
A feeling: Now that we've seen clips here and there of Ashley's reworked S&D, I'm excited to see the new costume! And will all the other girls stick with what they've been wearing, or pull out a new Olympic fashion statement?