Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Takahashi admits knee not 100 percent

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Well, Takahashi showed at NHK Trophy that he is still capable of greatness so yes, you shouldn't write him off. I'm just preparing myself mentally for disappointment as at this point, he's more likely to bomb than he is to skate well.

I'm just still feeling extremely bitter about JSF's selection criteria which did not create a level playing field and were basically an excuse for them to send their biggest stars. I love Takahashi but Oda did have better GP results and placed higher than him at Nationals (but the way the criteria were set, they placed him behind both Takahashi and Kozuka).

I am very sorry to hear this news. The big problem IMO is that Japan needed to be able to send 6 men to Sochi. They have such an incredibly deep men's field that 3 places just isn't enough. I really love Dai's skating and am still hoping for a gold medal or at least a podium finish.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MFarone View Post
    I am very sorry to hear this news. The big problem IMO is that Japan needed to be able to send 6 men to Sochi. They have such an incredibly deep men's field that 3 places just isn't enough. I really love Dai's skating and am still hoping for a gold medal or at least a podium finish.
    I said 5 men and 5 ladies in the "rant" thread, but yes, MFarone, perhaps 6 would have been even better!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2