Will Mao throw or drop the triple axel? | Golden Skate

Will Mao throw or drop the triple axel?

TripleToe

Rinkside
I really think Gracie is showing She's ready to fight for a medal, She has to be perfect and others make mistakes that's pretty obvious of course. Yulia is really consistent so far.

Will Mao throw or drop the tripe? What would you do? In my opinion She has to drop it to play it safe.

sweetskates1

Medalist
No, she will not drop it. I think deep down she knows that she is likely off the podium or in contention for silver or bronze so she might as well go for it and take her chances to earn gold. And, I think she should not drop it; at this point she should be able to land at least two. Olympics bring out Mao's greatest fire - her practices look great too!

I really think Gracie is showing She's ready to fight for a medal, She has to be perfect and others make mistakes that's pretty obvious of course. Yulia is really consistent so far.

Will Mao throw or drop the tripe? What would you do? In my opinion She has to drop it to play it safe.

starrynight

On the Ice
It seems that she needs two 3A's even for a silver or bronze. Yuna's PBS, 228; Yulia's, 214. Mao's, 207.

ucrgirl

On the Ice

Gracie was great, but the team was assured of a medal before she skated. she could still bomb when the real pressure is on (hopefull not).

Becki

Medalist
Why is this another Gracie Gold thread?

Anyways, I am positive Mao will keep the two 3A in her arsenal. If not, she will not be satisfied.

Maybe I am delusional, but I think Mao will finally land those 3As (if not fully rotated then underrotated) and a 8 triple program. Tall order, but you have to give this girl some credit for trying.

urara

Rinkside

Anyways, I am positive Mao will keep the two 3A in her arsenal. If not, she will not be satisfied.

Maybe I am delusional, but I think Mao will finally land those 3As (if not fully rotated then underrotated) and a 8 triple program. Tall order, but you have to give this girl some credit for trying.

ITA.
Mao won't be satisfied without 3A. This is her last Olympics.
People's attention is now centred on Julia and Yuna, so she may take a lot of pressure off.
I think that's a good thing for her.

Her best performance of the season is usually seen in February, so I'm not worrying.
Japanese media reported she was doing 3-3 in practices in Sochi, too. People seem to be interested in only 3A, though.

GF2445

Record Breaker
I really hope so but something is telling me that the tech controller will watch her triple axel very closely.

I think she will have one clean axel and one stuffed axel.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

that is the oddest start to will Mao do the axel or not - talking about Gracie - so very random lol. I think mao has to stick with the axel; she can't change her mind every second - it will cause her to lose confidence; she has to stick witht he program.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

I think she will land at least one axel but at what cost she could get called for urs left and right if she is not careful

elif

Medalist

Why? She landed couple of good triple axels (not looking underrotated like GP) in Sochi practices.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

atm, Gracie is now more consistent than Mao
she has put 2 solid performances in a row

Gracie has edge in speed, power and jumps
her physical body type is just as good as Yuna

Maribelle

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I hope Mao will show that she is the best and beat the crap out of Yuna and the other upstart

aikon

Rinkside
Haha, sorry for this but I scrolled through the threads on my iPad really fast and thought I read 'Will Mao throw up or drop the 3A' and thought - OMG-that poor little thing - already so skinny and now she's got digestion issues just during olympics.
:eek::