Is Lipnitskaya unbeatable? | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Is Lipnitskaya unbeatable?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Forget about Kim, who cares about her at this point other than her ubers? But, your obsession and overhyping of Yulia is sickening too. So, I'll wish that Gracie and Elena would kick Julia's butt next season just to see you writhe in agony. :p Oh, I do believe both girls are more than capable to do so. (zillion times better than your contortionist) :laugh:

This has to be a troll attempt. There is nothing factual or positive here or for that matter any figure skating discussed in anyway whatsoever. Yup. Troll.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
If they all skate well in the SP Yulia will be kept close to Mao and Yuna in terms of scores. And if the latter two do not skate without errors in the LP and Yulia does, she will be given the Gold. In any case, were everyone, all 30, to go clean in the SP and the 24 in the LP (no that will not happen) Yulia would be given bronze. She's already beaten a clean Caro and Gracie (by 12 points?!?). I don't think Yulia is all that yet but she could be great in the future. However she is Russian and this is Sochi so she's a lock for at least a bronze. I think Adelina is a better skater but not the darling now but she will be the backup if Yulia falters.

vegarin

On the Ice
Okay, I will troll-bite. Hey, not like I have millions of things to do. :cool:

Thanks for joining us, speople, exactly 24 hours before the ladies competition starts to let us know how Julia standing on her feet would be more than good enough to beat everyone, including skaters whose personal bests for years in SP and LP have been good enough to beat Julia with spares. I also appreciate that you're using older skaters quote extremely selectively to make your non arguments. (Seriously, of all the people you want to quote, you chose Robin Cousins? Read yuki90's post, please?)

If Julia wins, then it would be because she skated her very best and everyone else failed miserably. If Julia skates like she did in team skate and actually somehow manages to beat clean Yuna/Mao/Caro, then her win isn't going to be taken seriously. As it is, her winning over Caro in SP seems a bit questionable.

Oh, and if you think that much of Julia's speed, I hope you get to see Caro or Yuna at the rink once. Then we'll talk.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Dont you recognize it though. The people potraying Julia as unbeatable, saying a clean Kim cant even beat her, blah blah, are not Julia fans at all. They are the conspiracy theory, xenophobic, anti Russian agenda pushers, who are saying things like that to turn more people against Julia and the Russian skaters in general. It is quite disgusting.

I think you need a sarcasm button here...:p

anyanka

Record Breaker
No one is unbeatable: not Yulia, not Yuna, not Mao. NO ONE. (And I happen to love all three competitors I just mentioned.)

I wonder if this will turn into a situation where someone "in the mix for a bronze medal" wins the gold, a la Sarah Hughes in 2002 or Shizuka Arakawa in 2006.