Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 225

Thread: Is Lipnitskaya unbeatable?

  1. #136
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by jennyanydots View Post
    Did Julia really make that comment about the Lutz? I really liked her this season but my opinion of her is starting to go downhill. I'm finding those articles declaring her the darling of the games nauseating. It's a shame. I do hope that this doesn't go to her head making her believe she actually deserves the scores she's getting.
    Not sure what she said about the lutz but remember - what she is saying in Russian is being translated to English and translations don't always pick up the exact words. And I don't see this going to her head, this was what she said after the long program (link to article below):

    “I don’t know how to explain the feeling I had out there,” she said. “I’m very happy to have helped win the first gold medal for Russia. I got nervous in the middle of the program, I’m not sure why, it’s completely unlike me, so the jumps weren’t great in the second half, I didn’t feel totally comfortable. “The jumps didn’t feel like mine at that point. I wouldn’t say I got tired, but some errors still crept in. But even with some flaws it was OK.”

    Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/02/1...#storylink=cpy

    Quote Originally Posted by jennyanydots View Post
    I really liked her this season but my opinion of her is starting to go downhill. I'm finding those articles declaring her the darling of the games nauseating. It's a shame.
    Its not like she is the 1 writing the articles.

  2. #137
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    I think Sotnikova could challenge bronze or overtake Julia. Adelina seems to always beat Julia in Russia. Mao just looks beatable and it makes me sad now to say that:(. I don't think Caro could over take her though as Caro is just not technical enough in a field this deep.
    I disagree on Sotnitkova overtaking Julia, it says a lot that they didn't put Adelina in the team event and Julia has been 1 of the biggest stories talked about in the Olympics - I think Sotnikova's days as #1 in Russia are over.

    And I agree with you on Carolina and Mao - I stated about the same thing on a medal prediction thread.

  3. #138
    Best comeback EVOR! zamboni step's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by Amei View Post
    I disagree on Sotnitkova overtaking Julia, it says a lot that they didn't put Adelina in the team event and Julia has been 1 of the biggest stories talked about in the Olympics - I think Sotnikova's days as #1 in Russia are over.

    And I agree with you on Carolina and Mao - I stated about the same thing on a medal prediction thread.
    You have to remember though that people who watch Lipnitskaya, are being informed by commentators that she isn't even National Champion. When they hear Adelina beat her, they will take notice. And I think Russia knows this too.

  4. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by Amei View Post
    I disagree on Sotnitkova overtaking Julia, it says a lot that they didn't put Adelina in the team event and Julia has been 1 of the biggest stories talked about in the Olympics - I think Sotnikova's days as #1 in Russia are over.

    And I agree with you on Carolina and Mao - I stated about the same thing on a medal prediction thread.
    I wouldn't say that. Although Julia's rising looks remarkable lately, it is arbitrarily set up by the ISU's internal policy which is temporal. The truth is that Julia is not as a good skater as her talent. Unlike Adelina who has already full-fledged as a senior, Julia is yet to be molded. Judging from many indications from her skating, I am not sure if Julia can be as successful even as Adelina in the years to come.

  5. #140
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by zamboni step View Post
    You have to remember though that people who watch Lipnitskaya, are being informed by commentators that she isn't even National Champion. When they hear Adelina beat her, they will take notice. And I think Russia knows this too.
    I think that's kind of a wash though, since a couple weeks after Nationals (outside of Russia) she beat Sotnikova at the European Championship, and she's beaten her in the GPF.

  6. #141
    Best comeback EVOR! zamboni step's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by Amei View Post
    I think that's kind of a wash though, since a couple weeks after Nationals (outside of Russia) she beat Sotnikova at the European Championship, and she's beaten her in the GPF.
    Yes but you don't hear much about that really. It's all about who the National Champion is when it comes to the spectators and honestly in general, it's considered more important. I don't agree that it is, but that's what it's considered.

  7. #142
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    401
    Haha. The question should be "Is Julia unbeatable in Russia?" instead.

  8. #143
    Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    At the Rink
    Posts
    3,962
    Quote Originally Posted by vegarin View Post
    Wow, thanks for such a warm encouragement toward the direction of enlightenment, there.

    Sure, the ISU signaling that they'll be upping the scores for the next quad? That makes a perfect sense. Then once again, we should've seen an increase in scores for almost everyone who skated well. I'm guessing at least Gracie should've seen some increase in her GOEs. She's also in a prime position to take advantage of this
    I agree and think in some ways she has. Gracie matched her US nationals score in the FS. Everyone knows those are inflated! I think Gracie's best international score before this for her FS was around 118. Was Gracie at her best. I don't think so. I saw room for fixing not unlike Julia which makes me actually happy because they have the ability to improve in the individial and skate even better. If Gracie went cleaner she could have scored a 135 in my opinion. Pretty nice boost considering she has no major international success in the portfolia. She looks able to break into 135 territory easily if you ask me. Julia should have been closer to 135 i have admitted since the scores came, Julia too, but I think most here still agree Julia won the show. I wouldn't be surprised to see all three Adelina,Gracie and Julia get boosted scores. Yuna will rise above em all unless she makes glaring mistakes.

    If you forget euros Julia's highest free skate outside of Russia comes in around 130.
    If you factor in Gracie's highest free skate score its 118

    Both got a 10 pt boost. Both didn't skate their best skates.

    No need to ridiicule either. You may not like what I post but why throw insults about being "enlightend" in a demeaning way?

  9. #144
    Riveted vegarin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    372
    You're the one who told me that "maybe it will come to me" after reading your post, because apparently I'm slow and your post is the answer to everything.

    ...Wow, I can't believe I typed that. This degraded fast. I'm still going to post it and admit that it was petty. Likely I was reading too much into it and hopefully you didn't mean much by it. Sorry!

  10. #145
    Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    At the Rink
    Posts
    3,962
    Lol that was just miscommunication. I meant maybe the scores will come. Sorry to confuse

    It was because we posted at almost the same time too and I thought we were kinda on the same page. I should have typed maybe the scores will come.

    Again

  11. #146
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Julia's PCS will rise at least 1 or 2 points next week in the LP. She will crack 70 in PCS for sure. Who is counting against this?
    Her TES might be padded upward.

    I can see her getting closer to 145 in the LP.

    In the SP, I see her getting 74.

    Kim's SP will not beat Julia's SP because her spins will not get the same level and same GOE. Steps will be a wash. Jumps? Julia's perfect lutz + perfect 3T will get +2 and +3 GOE. Kim has no advantage over her in GOE either.
    I could see Kim's losing in the SP even because her spins are weaker.

    If Kim makes 1 mistake, she will not beat a clean robot.

    Kostner is already done. Her perfect SP with superior everything lost to traveling spins, tiny jumps, flutz, weak skills, heart drawing juniorish program.

    Asada will not be able to rotate her jumps in time. I think Asada might even fall behind Kostner at this point.


    WoW.........I am very afraid that I can not to see this sport at the Olympic any longer....

  12. #147
    Riveted vegarin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    372
    Lol that was just miscommunication. I meant maybe the scores will come. Sorry to confuse
    Hee, I'm sorry, too. I can't believe how sensitive I've become. It's just figure skating, for crying out loud! I guess these few days of speculations, hypes and decries got to me and riled me up for absolutely no good reason.

    That said, I also have to admit, it's also kind of fun in its own way. Therapeutic, even.

  13. #148
    Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    At the Rink
    Posts
    3,962
    Quote Originally Posted by shizuzzang View Post
    WoW.........I am very afraid that I can not to see this sport at the Olympic any longer....
    Did you notice Flatt_fann again only presented negatives in her post you quoted. There are so many positives about this event. These girls are maximizing their potential athleticism, putting it to beautiful songs and sharing it with the world. What's not to like. Even if my favorite loses I say so what. As long as she skates I'll win because I'll enjoy watching her skate in front of the whole world. I for one think people outside of us rink rats and faithful fans should know about this little freak from Russia. If you're only a fan of individual skaters you'll come and go, if you're a fan of skating you should stay because its about to be exciting for years to come. Who would have thought a Yuna vs Julia thread would conjure honest opinions even just two months ago? Again what's not to like?

    To answer the thread....no. Yuna can beat Julia and it might be in her best interest if it happens. I like when she is challenged and it might fire her up to stick around for the next Olympics. She'd only be 19 going into her second Olympic Games. I'm staying put!!

  14. #149
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    I think if the judges wanted to send the message that Yulia was UNbeatable they would have scored her closer to what Yuna got last year at Worlds. 141 is extremely high but certainly not UNbeatable. However, it does leave Yuna almost no room for error.

    If Russia has already bought the gold for Yulia, I won't be devastated. Yuna already has an OGM. I'd be more sad for Kostner and Asada, who are much more "worthy" of that OGM than Yulia.

    How do we decide deserves or is worthy of oGM i THINK YUR WAY OF THINKING WOuld mean give the gold to Dai and or Chanin the men and not Hanyu..

  15. #150
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,781
    Quote Originally Posted by jenaj View Post
    That is one jump. I never said her 2A deserved a +2. I said her take-offs didn't deserve a deduction.
    What are you seeing? Her 2As take off didn't deserve a deduction? Unless you have vertigo during her take off, there shouldn't be any confusion on how bad her take off is. Hello, a duck is a duck. A duck isn't a swan just because you can't see it clearly.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •