Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Is Lipnitskaya unbeatable?

Quote Originally Posted by treeloving View Post
    I think actually her 2A - 3T is less risky than 3F3T.

But it would be best if she does both and then repeat her solo 3T with 3F or 3L right?

And thank you Krislite for explanation, I do not know why I have been misunderstood that 2A is allowed to be repeat without combo.
    I believe the 2Axel IS allowed to be repeated solo. But what I'm saying in order to keep her triple count the same (not replace a triple with the double Axel), she'll need to combine it with another triple.

Rinkside
    IF what you are saying is true, then figure skating would be just girls jumping and spinning on spot, no music, no choreography, no artistic judgment

Go and learn what this sport is about.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    I believe the 2Axel IS allowed to be repeated solo. But what I'm saying in order to keep her triple count the same (not replace a triple with the double Axel), she'll need to combine it with another triple.
    I see, because female is allowed maximum 7 jumping pass not 8 like men, thank.

Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    I don't see her having any problem rotating a 2A-3T or a 3T3T in the LP. She's done 3T3T cleanly 4-5 times in a row in the SP.
    Putting the 3T/3T into her LP would seem to require a bit of reworking the program. The current layout is:

3Lz
    2A
    3F/2T
    3Lo
    3T+2T
    3S+2T+2Lo
    3S

I suppose she could do:

3Lz
    3T/3T
    3F/2T
    3Lo
    2Axel
    3S+2T+2Lo
    3S

But the 3/3 requires a lot more setup time after the Lutz.

I'm gonna Customize the CRAP out of this Title!!! Frenchie's Avatar
    Putting the 3T/3T into her LP would seem to require a bit of reworking the program. The current layout is:

3Lz
    2A
    3F/2T
    3Lo
    3T+2T
    3S+2T+2Lo
    3S

I suppose she could do:

3Lz
    3T/3T
    3F/2T
    3Lo
    2Axel
    3S+2T+2Lo
    3S

But the 3/3 requires a lot more setup time after the Lutz.
    Caro has become very cautious in her LP to attempt a +3T combination. When the 1st jump isn't perfect, she doesn't force the issue and does a 2T.
    I think her planned layout (on a perfect day!) is:

3Lz
    2A
    3F+3T
    3Lo
    3T+2T
    3S+2T+2Lo
    3S

On a day when the 3F isn't landed perfectly, but where she's still feeling mighty strong, the alternative would be:

3Lz
    2A
    3F+2T
    3Lo
    3T+3T
    3S+2T+2Lo
    3S

But the Men's SP has showed us how given the Olympic pressure, a little less risk might be rewarding, so I don't think it will come to this - but when the 1st jump is totally clean, a +3T is easy for her, even late in the program - it's just even less likely that she'd have that totally clean landing on the 1st.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Puchi View Post
    Yulia is totally beatable.

Her scores, in the other hand, are almost unbeatable.

Two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
    Caro has become very cautious in her LP to attempt a +3T combination. When the 1st jump isn't perfect, she doesn't force the issue and does a 2T.
    I think her planned layout (on a perfect day!) is:

3Lz
    2A
    3F+3T
    3Lo
    3T+2T
    3S+2T+2Lo
    3S

On a day when the 3F isn't landed perfectly, but where she's still feeling mighty strong, the alternative would be:

3Lz
    2A
    3F+2T
    3Lo
    3T+3T
    3S+2T+2Lo
    3S

But the Men's SP has showed us how given the Olympic pressure, a little less risk might be rewarding, so I don't think it will come to this - but when the 1st jump is totally clean, a +3T is easy for her, even late in the program - it's just even less likely that she'd have that totally clean landing on the 1st.
    The problem with the second layout is the 3T/3T is very late in the program. I disagree that such a thing would be "easy" for her.

I'm gonna Customize the CRAP out of this Title!!! Frenchie's Avatar
    The problem with the second layout is the 3T/3T is very late in the program. I disagree that such a thing would be "easy" for her.
    We both agree - I just formulated it awkwardly, saying "very unlikely for her to have a perfect enough landing on the 1st 3T - but if it is absolutely perfect, then it's easy for her even late in the program."

Custom Title
    No, she does some marvelous things, but her overall skating is still at least one level below that of Yu-na.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    If she didn't double a few jumps, her base value would have gone up by 1.5 + 3.7 = 5.2. This is with 6 triples.
    Consider that she skipped the 3 jump combo. That should add another 3 points.

If Kostner has 7 triples LP, her BV should be 59-60. Her GOE should blow everyone out of the water.
    exactly.

carolina got a 71 pcs, higher than julia, at europeans this year and that's with 2 popped triples and a fall. carolina has lost to julia this season because she hasn't been clean in both the short and the long programs (she's been injured and hasn't had enough time to train). in the team short, i believe she would have beaten julia had the competition been anywhere else but russia. julia's pcs have been inflated to an insane amount.

i definitely think carolina is in the top 3. i mean, she's medaled at the last three world championships. anyway, what kills carolina is that she loses concentration mid long program and doesn't think on her feet- she usually makes mistakes mid bolero. anyway, in the long, if she doubles the triple toe after the triple flip for example, she should add a triple toe to her other triple toe in the program. also, she really should add another double axel after her step sequence somewhere. 6 triples and 1 double axel as we saw at europeans this year may not cut it. a double axel/triple toe would give her 7 triples and 2 double axel and might be the best option- maybe she should place it after the step sequence somewhere...

if you see carolina skate in practice she hits triple lutz/triple toe, triple flip/triple toe, double axels/triple toes all the time. all her jumps are huge and effortless. she needs to bring that into the competition and be confident. however, at this point, i think it's more important for carolina to skate clean than to have a huge base value. she doesn't strike me as someone with a killer instinct like a julia or tara.

This is complete hogwash, how can anyone ever think Julia is unbeatable when she has never even beaten Yuna?

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Why aren't there any threads on Caro poppin up? I almost posted one up today but got lazy. Seriously where are the Caro threads? I think she still has a good shot at podium. Gracie and Mao are wildcards for there own reasons. I may agree she has become less of a threat for the various reasons we've all discussed but she has the best skating style IMO and when landed maybe the 2nd best jumps in the field.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinary person View Post
    This is complete hogwash, how can anyone ever think Julia is unbeatable when she has never even beaten Yuna?
    That would be quite the feat for Yulia since they have never gone head to head. Same could be said of Yuna and be 100% correct.

No.. Lipnitskaya is 100% beatable.

Custom Title
    I think the LP is fine. No disrespect to anyone who feels that 'Schindler's List' shouldn't be skated too, but I feel like it affects me emotionally when Julia skates to it, and I think it's tough to do well so well-done, Julia. Now the SP/ with the hearts-on-the-ice and the Thunder? Is not my favorite. I find it corny and gimmicky from someone capable of far better.

Just my opinion but:
    Yulia's skating isn't as unbeatable as her scores suggest. Also, the music (Schindler's List) carried her, not the other way around. Her spins are incredible but sometimes are travelling badly. Her movements seem unfinished to me and some transitions are abrupt and not smooth. Her jumps are in no way on par with Yuna's but are getting high GOEs like her. It's ridiculous. Without the inflation, I believe Carolina should have beaten her in SP.

But to be fair with Yulia though, she is a very talented girl. She can do spins like no one in the competition (I think) does. I just wished she would do them beautifully like Sasha Cohen. She's bending/flexing too much that the spins look stiff to me. I commend her nerves tho. She's very consistent and very focused. It's amazing for someone so young.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast