NBC Streaming Commentators | Golden Skate

NBC Streaming Commentators

Jrc402

Spectator
Please forgive my ignorance. I am watching the Figure Skating on NBC Olympics and was wondering who did the commentary for the team competition. I never heard them identify themselves and couldn't find this elsewhere. Thanks to anyone who can help answer my question.

DaveT

On the Ice
If your talking about what I think you are talking about, the man is Robin Cousins and I don't know the woman's name but I assume she is British though she sounds maybe Aussie to me.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
If it's Robin Counsins, it was the BBC commentary (and I suspect NBC was streaming the BBC stream because I was streaming Team day 1 and they were definitely British).

According to Googling, it was someone named Sue Barker

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
If it's Robin Counsins, it was the BBC commentary (and I suspect NBC was streaming the BBC stream because I was streaming Team day 1 and they were definitely British).

According to Googling, it was someone named Sue Barker
It's Sue Barker a former French Open ladies tennis Champion in 1976 (British)

Matilda

Medalist
There appear to be two different streams: one with British commentators and one with Johnny, Tara, and Terry. I have no idea why--I find it very strange. I'm enjoying Johnny, Tara, and Terry a lot.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
There appear to be two different streams: one with British commentators and one with Johnny, Tara, and Terry. I have no idea why--I find it very strange. I'm enjoying Johnny, Tara, and Terry a lot.

I think NBC may have been sharing the BBC stream for some of the events, which may allot for the difference.

taikwan

On the Ice
I am surprised how much I'm enjoying Johnny and Tara (NEVER a fan of her). The night crew is horrible with Scott Hamilton shrieking and neither he nor Sandra seem to be up to date on codes and recognizing jumps. Only issue with J/T combo is how much fawning over Tara is done by Terry.

Matilda

Medalist

Victura

On the Ice
On Saturday, I think the live stream didn't have commentary at all. But on Thursday and today, it was the British commentators. I quite like them too.

Does anyone know if the gala will be streamed live on the NBC website next weekend?

Artistry

On the Ice
I just signed up for cable just to have access to on-demand streaming from NBCOlympics. They claim it is “full coverage”, tonns of hours, etc.
My problem? Every time the marks come up in the kiss and cry, the stream cuts the commentators off and goes to the SAME commercial - BP sponsoring the U.S. team.

They totally take the juicy analysis part out - and there is absolutely no transition to the other skaters, how they get on the rink, anything.... Maybe I should put this in the rant thread?

Anyway, even the commentators, especially the female one (the man has a british accent) are rather less than inspired in their work. Can anyone tell me how I can listen to Johnny and Tara?
I have streaming and regular NBC on TV....

Thanks in advance!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I just signed up for cable just to have access to on-demand streaming from NBCOlympics. They claim it is “full coverage”, tonns of hours, etc.
My problem? Every time the marks come up in the kiss and cry, the stream cuts the commentators off and goes to the SAME commercial - BP sponsoring the U.S. team.

They totally take the juicy analysis part out - and there is absolutely no transition to the other skaters, how they get on the rink, anything.... Maybe I should put this in the rant thread?

Anyway, even the commentators, especially the female one (the man has a british accent) are rather less than inspired in their work. Can anyone tell me how I can listen to Johnny and Tara?
I have streaming and regular NBC on TV....

Thanks in advance!

Sorry if I am stating the obvious:
Does your cable provider offer the channel NBCSN? It is home to Lipinski/Weir's commentary.​

Artistry

On the Ice
Sorry if I am stating the obvious:
Does your cable provider offer the channel NBCSN? It is home to Lipinski/Weir's commentary.​

Oh, thank you!

I forgot to mention that while I have cable (standard package) in another room, the reason I am relying on streaming from my computer
is that there are others in my family who have different sports in mind and dibs on that TV. I was hoping Tara and Johnny would be on nbcolympics.com

Oh well! Thanks for your reply though!