NBC Streaming Commentators | Page 2 | Golden Skate

NBC Streaming Commentators

Matilda

Medalist
Oh, thank you!

I forgot to mention that while I have cable (standard package) in another room, the reason I am relying on streaming from my computer
is that there are others in my family who have different sports in mind and dibs on that TV. I was hoping Tara and Johnny would be on nbcolympics.com

Oh well! Thanks for your reply though!

There are two different NBC streams, one with the British commentators and another with Johnny, Tara, and Terry. Nick McCarvel has been tweeting the link with Johnny and Tara (NBCSN stream) in the morning, just before the broadcast begins:
" @NickMcCarvel: The last livestream link I sent out will work too, but this is the @NBCSN one: http://t.co/PAs1vDqUCA Pairs SP gets underway soon #Sochi2014"

Apparently the ipad app for LiveExtrra only has the British stream, however.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
There are two different NBC streams, one with the British commentators and another with Johnny, Tara, and Terry. Nick McCarvel has been tweeting the link with Johnny and Tara (NBCSN stream) in the morning, just before the broadcast begins:
" @NickMcCarvel: The last livestream link I sent out will work too, but this is the @NBCSN one: http://t.co/PAs1vDqUCA Pairs SP gets underway soon #Sochi2014"

Apparently the ipad app for LiveExtrra only has the British stream, however.

Not just the iPad app. Android versions too.

Artistry

On the Ice
It seems that I don’t have NBCSN as part of my package. The apple apps have British commentary. Then, NBC primetime has Scott and Sandra at night.
The links to the feed from twitter (thank you, by the way) just lead to the nbcolympics / live extra window “initializing” - i.e. not working.

So, the only way to hear Johnny Weir/Tara is if you get NBCSN, is that correct? Sorry if I am repetitive, just want to double check.

Manitou

Medalist
I just signed up for cable just to have access to on-demand streaming from NBCOlympics. They claim it is “full coverage”, tonns of hours, etc.
My problem? Every time the marks come up in the kiss and cry, the stream cuts the commentators off and goes to the SAME commercial - BP sponsoring the U.S. team.

They totally take the juicy analysis part out - and there is absolutely no transition to the other skaters, how they get on the rink, anything.... Maybe I should put this in the rant thread?

Anyway, even the commentators, especially the female one (the man has a british accent) are rather less than inspired in their work. Can anyone tell me how I can listen to Johnny and Tara?
I have streaming and regular NBC on TV....

Thanks in advance!

I noticed that you can watch the same competition three times in three different contexts. First live stream commented by two characterless British commentators, then a coverage commented by Tara and Johny, and then third coverage by Sandra and Scott. The same thing, three different angles. It's kind of interesting.
Yes, the live coverage shows those dumb commercials during kiss-and-cry, yes, it's frustrating. But I am glad I have this option anyway.

distortion_x512

Spectator
It seems that I don’t have NBCSN as part of my package. The apple apps have British commentary. Then, NBC primetime has Scott and Sandra at night.
The links to the feed from twitter (thank you, by the way) just lead to the nbcolympics / live extra window “initializing” - i.e. not working.

So, the only way to hear Johnny Weir/Tara is if you get NBCSN, is that correct? Sorry if I am repetitive, just want to double check.

I would also like to know if watching the NBCSN or NBCSN live stream is the only way to watch Johnny/Tara-
Are there links or a way to watch the Johnny/Tara live skate replays? I was excited to be able to watch the full coverage replay of Johnny/Tara on the NBC Olympic website - only to be terribly disappointed I could only find video replays of the BBC(?) British woman and man commentary or the Scott Hamilton NBC primetime replay videos. I don't want to sit through the full commentary if its not the group of commentators I want to watch.
I missed the past livestreams because of work and will likely miss the future ones as well :'[

So as of now the only way to watch Johnny/Tara is through the NBCSN live stream? Correct?
*If anyone has links to the Johnny/Tara full figure skating event replays I'd be much obliged.
Thank you!