Men's Free - Notes & Results | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men's Free - Notes & Results

gellio

Rinkside
Kasey said:
Not impossible! Ice IS slippery! (Not that I'm expecting it to happen).

I think if the scores of the countries skaters combine to equal more than 13, then it's three skaters.....less than 13 would be two. But not sure what the cutoff is, number wise, to where a country can only send one. 20 maybe?? Not sure.

Kasey

No, the top 2 skaters for Russia have to have a combine placement of 13 or less for Russia to get 3 spots next year. With Griazev in 12th Plushenko has to win! He cannot place lower than 1st or Russia will drop to 2 spots. Someone in the top 6 would really have to bomb to finish with more points than Griazev - that is not likely to happy. Poor Plushy has added pressure on him now.

rpiche

Rinkside
current ranking without the last wawm up group....

1 Min ZHANG CHN 6.8 4 7 1
2 Emanuel SANDHU CAN 10.2 1 13 2
3 Frederic DAMBIER FRA 10.6 4 10 3
4 Chengjiang LI CHN 13.2 5 12 4
5 Daisuke TAKAHASHI JPN 14.4 7 11 5
6 Andrei GRIAZEV RUS 17.2 6 8 10
7 Ben FERREIRA CAN 20.0 9 14 8
8 Kevin VAN DER PERREN BEL 20.6 8 19 6
9 Ivan DINEV BUL 22.2 11 18 7
10 Matthew SAVOIE USA 23.2 10 17 9
11 Gheorghe CHIPER ROM 23.4 6 15 12
12 Sergei DAVYDOV BLR 24.2 9 16 11
13 Tomas VERNER CZE 30.2 13 20 13
14 Gregor URBAS SLO 30.8 8 21 15
15 Kristoffer BERNTSSON SWE 32.8 11 24 14
16 Yamato TAMURA JPN 35.0 12 22 17
17 Neil WILSON GBR 35.4 14 23 16

Looks to me, noone is tied for ordinals

gellio

Rinkside
Please with the way the Russian Federation scrambled to figure out it's ladies situation, to save 3 spots for Moscow next year, I am sure Plushy will know before he skates. There's more on the line for him (and Russia) now than just another World Title. I'm betting on him to win, but won't count out Joubert.

rpiche

Rinkside
kemy said:
Does he know...or even care?

He probably don't know and shouldn't have to care about that. It's not his fault the others don't do well or drop out. His position is safe regardless of how many Russian men can go next year.

gellio

Rinkside
rpiche said:
He probably don't know and shouldn't have to care about that. It's not his fault the others don't do well or drop out. His position is safe regardless of how many Russian men can go next year.

Definitely, but we all know what a lunatic Piseev can be and I'm sure his undies are all in a bunch AND I'm sure Plushy will know - if anything by the standings. I'm going to be bummed if Plushy wins and if Russia loses a spot, so I'm in a tough place. I don't care for Plushy, but am mostly a Russian fan and would hate to see Griazev or Klimkin miss World's next year.

Last edited:

rpiche

Rinkside
northguy said:

how is it determined? Is it like Gellio said as long as a country have one of its skater in top 10 then they get to send 2?

Also, does anyone know if there is a cap on the total of skaters that can come, not from a single country but overall?

sarahmistral

On the Ice
The radio broadcast is SOOOOOOO exciting, people!!!!!! Two-three skaters left; you'll find the link on the "more results sources" thread on the 2nd page!!!!!

Sarah

gellio

Rinkside
rpiche said:
how is it determined? Is it like Gellio said as long as a country have one of its skater in top 10 then they get to send 2?

Also, does anyone know if there is a cap on the total of skaters that can come, not from a single country but overall?

My understanding is as follows:

To get 2 skaters a country needs to have 1 skater place in the top 10.

To get 3 skaters a country's top 2 finishers must have a combined placement of 13 or less.

3 is the maximum that any one country can send.

rpiche

Rinkside
sarahmistral said:
The radio broadcast is SOOOOOOO exciting, people!!!!!! Two-three skaters left; you'll find the link on the "more results sources" thread on the 2nd page!!!!!

Sarah

Can you give me the link? i can't find the thread

curious

Final Flight
rpiche said:

exactly. plushy has plenty of pressure skating with a bad knee from mishin and himself of course. Do it for yourself baby:D