Winkler/Lohse Cheering Thread | Golden Skate

Winkler/Lohse Cheering Thread

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
OK, I've just gotta do this -- much as I was hoping that Belbin & Agasto would win the first US dance medal in 19 years --

BUT --

Since Kati & Rene are in unexpectedly close (to me, anyway)striking distance and they've been around forever (1990 Junior Worlds, anyone?) and have overcome so many injury setbacks and are skating at home, and Germany hasn't won a Worlds Dance medal in 31 years -- AND because it would be absolutely wonderful to have SURPRISE MEDALLISTS at World Dance:

I think having these two on the podium would be one of the highlights of what's been a fantastic Worlds so far!

So therefore,

GO KATI & RENE!! BRING IT HOME!!

(Tho I guess they wouldn't have to BRING it home since technically they already ARE home, but, well.... anyway....:D )

thvudragon

On the Ice
I highly doubt W&L will be on the podium though, unless G&G make glarring errors. W&L's FD simply isn't difficult enough. Their elements are easier in comparison to their rivals, and they don't bother doing any chore or transitions.

I'm hoping Delobel and Schoenfelder do well :). I think their OD will be chacked though and we definitely will not see their FD. I just hope ABC doesn't waste time showing Gregory and Pethukov.

TV

ouridol

On the Ice
I also hope W/L medal, esp. after all they've been through, it'd truly be great to seem them medal in their home country. But, I don't think they'll do it for some reason...TV's right, their FD isn't nearly hard enough.

Best of luck to Kati and Rene! :D

astrid

Rinkside
Go Kati and Rene !!

(But after Lindemann got the bronze, they probably end up in 4th or 5th.)

thvudragon

On the Ice
thvudragon said:
I highly doubt W&L will be on the podium though, unless G&G make glarring errors. W&L's FD simply isn't difficult enough. Their elements are easier in comparison to their rivals, and they don't bother doing any chore or transitions.

I'm hoping Delobel and Schoenfelder do well :). I think their OD will be chacked though and we definitely will not see their FD. I just hope ABC doesn't waste time showing Gregory and Pethukov.

TV
PML, why is this post here? Didn't I post this yesterday? :laugh: