Struggling Takahashi running out of time | Golden Skate

Struggling Takahashi running out of time

Seruleane

Final Flight

:no: aw shoot, why didn't he withdraw earlier and have one of his teammates (like Takahiko) go instead? I hate to see him crumple at the olympics, and it seems really unfair if he wasn't in good physical condition to take up a coveted position. Similar to Kwan at Turin, withdrawing last minute- don't remember if there was time for the alternate to go in her place.

Takahashi is one of my favorite skaters of all time, and while I admire his integrity (gotta do that quad) part of me really wishes he had skipped it in Vancouver- he would have definitely won gold in my opinion if he had skated clean. Maybe then he wouldn't be in this disastrous situation...

Well, hopefully I'll be proven wrong, but somehow I doubt it.

Tesla

Final Flight
Kwan didn't withdraw at the last moment. Emily Hughes had plenty of time to take her place in Torino.

Seruleane

Final Flight
oh ok...I didn't even remember there was an emily hughes. But yes, that makes me more upset- I'm sure Takahashi knew he couldn't skate near his potential WAY before he even showed up in Sochi...

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I watched a bit of that practice today. It looked like he landed a beautiful 3A, then all of a sudden it looked like his skate just slipped out from under him and down he went.....sad.

I hope he manages to pull off a miracle!

Tesla

Final Flight
oh ok...I didn't even remember there was an emily hughes. But yes, that makes me more upset- I'm sure Takahashi knew he couldn't skate near his potential WAY before he even showed up in Sochi...

Sadly, I agree with you. He had to have known last week how his knee was holding up. That would've given plenty of time for an alternate. He had to have known over the weekend.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Let's at least wait until Daisuke bombed his SP before we declare him done, ok?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
maybe if the media would stop getting in his head he could get the monkey off his back.

Butterscotch17

On the Ice
I want him to do well so badly. My favorite forever <3 Chances of winning are obviously slim, but I just want him to skate up to his potential and show the world what he is capable of. He deserves to be remembered by the world.

Personally, I don't think Daisuke would skate if he knew he were going to bomb. He has said several times that if he can't skate to his best or to a level he is satisfied with, he won't skate anymore. That's way he may not do shows, or not for long - because he doesn't want to give the audience less than what he was capable of. He didn't want to skate if he couldn't do the things he used to be able to do. Because of that, I don't think he would skate in the Olympics if he wasn't prepared. Just my opinion.

Go skate your heart out, Daisuke <3

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
He skated his heart out last night. I'm glad I woke up at 4am to watch him live. I've been a fan of him since 2007. I want to thank him so much for showing us the most emotional, cutting-edge, innovative, courageous, dramatic and beautiful programs one year after another throughout his career. I'm so worried about his injury but I know he's doing the best he can possibly do.

Daisuke, I've never been this invested by any other skater. Best of luck tonight!!!

Seruleane

Final Flight
Daisuke did great today!!! So pleased with his performance and awesome command of the ice, even though he struggled a bit with his jumps. I don't think he was expecting a medal, just wanted to do it for himself and the audience. We'll miss you!!!!

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
Daisuke did great today!!! So pleased with his performance and awesome command of the ice, even though he struggled a bit with his jumps. I don't think he was expecting a medal, just wanted to do it for himself and the audience. We'll miss you!!!!

ITA!
FOR ME he was the best of the night, expressing the Beatles Medley so brilliantly with so much emotion and rhythm. I'm glad he received the second best PCS after Patrick. More than anything he seems in peace with himself, which as a fan I could've only asked for. Thank you, Daisuke!!!! :clap::clap::clap: