lol just kidding
lol just kidding
This is what I want:
This is what will probably happen:
Gold: Yulia, Gracie or Mao. Equal chances.
Yuna - 5th
Karolina - 10th
1. Yuna/Mao (tie)
1. Yu Na
1. Yu Na
"the game is not over yet till the fat lady sings!"- Mao Asada
Absolute dream podium:
3. Mao or Carolina
3. Choice between Carolina, Suzuki, or Zijun
Nightmare but possible podium:
1.YuNa or Mao
I think the top 6 will be some variation of this, and honestly I think the first 3 the podium is their's to lose and they are just battling for which spot, for anyone else to get on that podium it''s going to be because one of them messed up --- a lot.
- Yuna; if she skates clean it will be hard for Julia to be scored over to beat her, but the gushing that's happening over Julia in the mainstream media if Yuna has any kind of bobble she's got a problem.
- Julia: (I'll disclaimer this, I love watching her skate - and am throwing 'root for your countrymen in the Olympics' out of the window & I want her to win) her scores and skating have consistently gotten better and she's had 2 programs on Olympic ice under a lot of pressure. And she doesn't make huge point reducing errors and has had very favorable scoring, I don't think either one is changing in the next week and a half.
- Mao - she seems to want to finish her career saying she did 3A all the time, and it's huge accomplishment - I hope she enjoys it because I think it's going to cost her a OGM or even a OGS. I haven't looked at the protocols but I don't think she would have beaten Julia if she landed the 3A.
- Carolina - she just doesn't have the technical difficulty in an LP & SP to beat Julia/Yuna/Mao; she is artistically incredible, but it's not going to be enough to overcome the technical scores of Julia/Yuna/Mao unless Julia/Yuna/Mao all have splatfests for both skates.
- Gracie - she's a good skater but Julia/Yuna/Mao are just better, her programs just don't work for me, and the judges apparently agree, she skated relatively clean and lost by 12 points.
- Adelina - the homeice boost is in her favor and if she can deliver clean I think she's a podium threat, but she has had issues with skating clean consistently. I don't think any politicking (if happening) would put her over Lipnitskaia, I think the love-affair (from everywhere) that has happened with Julia over the last 1/2 week has put her in the #1 spot for the Fed.'s favorite.
Quick question: are the judges for the team event, the same judges for all the individual events?
1) Yulia (I'm sorry -- I just love her skating)