Predictions Ladies event | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Predictions Ladies event

Manitou

Medalist
Anyway, whatever the outcome, there will be so much venom, trolling, bragging, bitterness and frustration after the competition on this forum! Fans of both sides are so toxic!. Whoever wins one half will be spitting venom of sinister satisfaction and bragging, while the other half will spit venoms of frustration and hatred. There will be lots and lots of emotions! Now it's just the prelude!

treeloving

Medalist
After pair competition, my prediction for ladies is:

Adelina and Yulia will fight for gold and silver unless Yuna is totally perfect. If Yuna have a performance like 2009 world and
Adeline / Julia are clean , she will get bronze.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
After pair competition, my prediction for ladies is:

Adelina and Yulia will fight for gold and silver unless Yuna is totally perfect. If Yuna have a performance like 2009 world and
Adeline / Julia are clean , she will get bronze.

If Yuna pops a jump, she only has 5 triples. There's no chance in hell she can beat a clean Julia or a decent Adelina.
Everytime she has 5 clean triples, her score hovers around 130. (2009 W, 2010 W, 2011 W)

YunaBliss

On the Ice
If Yuna pops a jump, she only has 5 triples. There's no chance in hell she can beat a clean Julia or a decent Adelina.
Everytime she has 5 clean triples, her score hovers around 130. (2009 W, 2010 W, 2011 W)

Which would be still good enough to beat Adelina and Julia without Russian inflation.

Or, if the current inflation is uniformly applied to all top skaters, Yuna would still get close to 140 even with a error or two.

In any event, my final prediction is:

1. Yuna
2. Mao
3. Julia

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
My prediction:
1) Yuna (if Yuna makes a significant mistake and Julia replicates her Euro's performance, I think she'll take the gold)
2) Julia, Yulia, Juliya (so many romanized variations)
3) Mao (triple axel will have her in second, both might takes her to 1rst)
4) Carolina/Adelina/Gracie

Look at this interview from Budapest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyXLinn0SQM

Cake :laugh:

Ophelia

Record Breaker
^Why is Yuna only going for 6 triples? Is it bc she can't do the triple loop due to back issues?

CarneAsada

Medalist
Or, if the current inflation is uniformly applied to all top skaters, Yuna would still get close to 140 even with a error or two.
"Uniformly applied to all top skaters," not "applied nearly exclusively to Julia with Adelina getting the pickings"? That's cute if you think it'll reflect reality.

I agree. She already disadvantages herself by planning only six triples in her LP when her rivals like Mao, Julia, and Gracie will be attempting 8 or 7 triples. No matter how excellent Yuna is in terms of jump quality, if she lands only 5 triples while others do all the jumps as they planned, she shouldn't/won't be standing on the podium, much less OGM. Between 5 triples-Yuna and 5 triples-Caro, I'd take Caro anytime.
I'll have you know that Shizuka Arakawa accomplished a mere 5 triples on her way to the Olympic gold in 2006. 5 triples Yuna and 5 triples Caro is mostly a wash, as Carolina's spins are a great weakness compared to Yuna's (which are not like Julia's but still have never left her at a major points disadvantage).

Robeye

Final Flight
Is it real? :laugh:What does she mean by the fat lady? Very funny.
It's a well-known Americanism.

There was a stereotyped misconception in America of female opera singers being, how to say, stout of build. It is possibly a reference to Wagner's Ring Cycle, in which the end of the gods comes with an extended aria by the Valkyrie Brunnhilde (apologies for the lack of umlaut). In the popular imagination, she looked something like this onstage :laugh::

http://ericrhoads.blogs.com/.a/6a00d834c9d85969e201287611b54e970c-pi

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
Look at this! So many pretty pictures. (GIFs just doesn't have the same ring)

http://www.autostraddle.com/notes-f...kim-and-the-physics-of-figure-skating-219987/

I've started watching more skaters now than ever before because Julia rekindled my interest in skating. I started watching her two years ago after pretty much ignoring skating when Sasha stopped competing. She was the first skater I watched when I found Youtube. I did watch the 2010 Olympics, though. I found Yuna's skate extraordinary but for some reason it didn't make me want to watch more. I saw the ice dance because they happened to be watching in the dean's office. At first I was just horrified by the garish costumes but then Marlie skated. I love the music from Phantom of the Opera and I adored the tasteful nature and beauty of their costumes. I didn't think anything could measure up but then Voir skated and they just created a magical moment. I'm not sure if this the intended meaning, I don't remember where I heard it, but someone likened their FD to a couple's first dance at their wedding. When I watched it again after reading that I found it more sublime than ever. I watched a little of the pairs skating for a couple year leading up to Vancouver because of Cody and Anabelle. Maybe it's because I've actually met them. Cody started skating at my club and then left, a long time before I started skating but he came back to do a couple of ice shows, first with Daylan and then twice with Anabelle. The second time they came the other skaters and I were practicing a group number and I can't remember exactly what happened but I was skating back towards where we could go "backstage" and I skated right into them. How embarrassing.

It was last year that I found these forums while looking up Julia and posts here have led to me watching Johnny Weir, Stéphane Lambiel, Michelle Kwan, Tara Lipinski, etc. Watching Julia and wanting her to do well at the Olympics has caused me to be invested in the competition and find more current skaters like V/T and Moore-Towers and Moscovitch. Now I'm off to go look up more of Yuna performances before next week. :yay:

nagoya

Rinkside
with all the statements in this thread this is the only one believable, unbiased and no uber-ing attached :clap:
You might but the judges never would in a million years (nor should they IMO, Kim has better jumps, better spins, a well earned better reputation than talented but inconsistent Kostner, and even virtually equal outstanding skating skills). If you are going to project what is likely to happen as far as results and judging you have to seperate fantasy World from the real one. In the real World the judges would easily take 5 triple Kim over 5 triple Kostner, and take 5 triple Kim over most of those other skaters with 7 triples too. And yes I would include 7 triple Julia in that. Now Asada with 7 or 8 triples I agree would beat Kim with only 5, as long as she has had a decent short.

PS: "the game is not over yet till the fat lady sings" = everything can happen during the event so by this time you can only predict most likely being the result is with regards to the skater's program base value and the % of hitting them , thats why at this moment julia is slightly sneaking in the podium but still, the ice is slippery so anything is possible.

my predictions
1&2 Yuna and Mao both can win (yuna is about 70% locked in gold because she got golden balls but if yuna only have 5 triples Mao wins but yuna is still second)
3 julia is locked in bronze most likely 80% (home country advantage)

Manuel Pablo Arnao

Figure Skating Fan & Real Estate Agent in LA!
On the Ice
You might but the judges never would in a million years (nor should they IMO, Kim has better jumps, better spins, a well earned better reputation than talented but inconsistent Kostner, and even virtually equal outstanding skating skills). If you are going to project what is likely to happen as far as results and judging you have to seperate fantasy World from the real one. In the real World the judges would easily take 5 triple Kim over 5 triple Kostner, and take 5 triple Kim over most of those other skaters with 7 triples too. And yes I would include 7 triple Julia in that. Now Asada with 7 or 8 triples I agree would beat Kim with only 5, as long as she has had a decent short.

you have to realize that carolina has an inspired program to bolero compared to a boring program to a tango by kim

skatingfan20

Rinkside
Based on how the judges have scored Julia in the team competition and based on huge home field advantage (it does seem the judges' scores are being affected by the home crowd reaction), I would say:

1) Julia/Yulia
2) Yuna Kim
3) Adelina
4) Mao(assuming she tries triple axel and falls again) /Gracie
5) Carolina
6) Wagner

OR
If Adelina is not clean

1) Julia/Yulia
2) Yuna Kim
3) Gracie
4) Carolina
5) Mao
6) Ashley

I don't think there is any way Julia is going to finish lower than silver. I don't think it matters how good Yuna Kim/Mao are even though they are so much better artistically and technically--- all that matters is if Julia can skate clean. Julia will skate clean and that will be one of the main feel good story for Russia of the Olympics.