Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

Thread: 2014 Olympics Pairs Free Skate

Awaiting Boris and Oleg
    Oh, I really want S/S to go to Worlds and skate their fun and appealing SP with a little more practice with it under their belts, and skate the LP as they had earlier in the season. Love that LP! Want them to end the season with fantastic performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Well Pang and Tong will always be OSM + 2-time World champs. Such a classy duo.
    Quote Originally Posted by yuki View Post
    They were absolutely beautiful, podium or no podium.

Feeling crushed for Aliona & Robin. Kirsten & Dylan were fabulous! Very proud of our US pairs.

Rinkside
    Nancy Armour's article in Usatoday, What a impolite act. really did Maxim and PUTIN invite this drumer? What a shock!
    http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/02/that...of-a-big-deal/

"Maxim Trankov said Taranda is a big supporter of the figure skaters, and he asked if they would mind if he’d come to the Sochi Olympics and, well, make a bit of a scene. In a good way, of course.

“We know that there’s a lot of German fans who come with drums,” Trankov said. “So we told him that he could come with a drum. He’s a very artistic person, he’s a very joyful person. He always sets the tone for our team, and we are thankful for him for organizing the audience in such a way.”

I'm gonna Customize the CRAP out of this Title!!! Frenchie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Unbelievable skating from Savcheno/Szolkowy! A little comical actually!
    Why am I not surprised you'd find what happened to them comical.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by rallycairn View Post
    Oh, I really want S/S to go to Worlds and skate their fun and appealing SP with a little more practice with it under their belts, and skate the LP as they had earlier in the season. Love that LP! Want them to end the season with fantastic performances.
    Yeah I hope they go to Worlds, skate beautiful swan song(s). End on a high note :D

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    coming from someone who said S/S would win OGM and Osmond would crush the russians
    D/R lack S/S, no chemistry she skates like a stiffboard, and with their ugly lines they will never be a top skater, even S/K are better than them
    I'd take MT/M are more promising than D/R
    Moore-Towers & Moscovitch have shown that they can beat Duhamel & Radford. They finished as the top Canadian pair here, and were closely behind D&R at Nationals. Presumably both pairs will have a re-match at Worlds. Will be interesting to see if D&R continue. M-T&M sound like they are motivated to continue, so we'll see.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan O View Post
    Moore-Towers & Moscovitch have shown that they can beat Duhamel & Radford. They finished as the top Canadian pair here, and were closely behind D&R at Nationals. Presumably both pairs will have a re-match at Worlds. Will be interesting to see if D&R continue. M-T&M sound like they are motivated to continue, so we'll see.
    Radford is turning 30 so I dont think so
    I think MT/M will go for another quad, Canada will need them
    a they have no promising juniors

Custom Title
    True. I had thought Lawrence & Swiegers might start moving up the ranks, but they still seem to be struggling with consistency.

Moscovitch turns 30 later this year as well, but he's still in excellent physical shape and he and Kirsten seem motivated to keep going after finishing as the top Canadians here.

Custom Title
    Radford just turned 29 at the end of January and will be "only" 33 by 2018.

Custom Title
    I think the point someone was making is that only a minority of figure skaters compete in their 30's. Those that do are the exception to the rule. There's no way to know for sure which ones will do so. It depends on 1) physical conditioning & whether they remain injury-free in the years ahead, 2) psychological motivation and determination to continue for another cycle.

We'll find out at the end of this season which skaters plan to retire and which ones may want to stay longer. The decision is also more challenging for pairs & dance teams because unlike being a single skater, the decision involves a partner. If one person wants to continue and the other wants to move on, that can be an obstacle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan O View Post
    True. I had thought Lawrence & Swiegers might start moving up the ranks, but they still seem to be struggling with consistency.

Moscovitch turns 30 later this year as well, but he's still in excellent physical shape and he and Kirsten seem motivated to keep going after finishing as the top Canadians here.
    Yeah, if MT/M can go a whole extra quad will probably depend on how Dylan holds up, but 33/34 is not totally over the hill for a male pairs skater by any stretch and she is still very young. I believe they will keep going unless something forces him to stop.

I also think D/R will keep going. She may be almost 30 but she doesn't strike me personally as ready to throw in the competitive towel.

Banned
    2018 will all about the new seniors/former junior Worlds kids

Sui/ Han, Stolbova/Klimov, Yu/Jin, Tarasova/Morozov
    this will be the pairs to watch next quad

On the Ice
    there was a time when top skaters hardy got PCS over 8. Now they are giving 10's like candies even to performances that clearly do not deserve it.

Custom Title
    Procrastinating by Watching my Fav. Skaters
    I'm sorry...this may have been covered on another page, but I was wondering if we know which pairs in this are likely to retire before 2018?

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48