2014 Olympics Pairs Free Skate | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Pairs Free Skate

Kunstrijdster

Rinkside
It pains me more that lol that s squared coud win on a fluke that they finally land the triple axel.

They can only win on V/T majorly bombing, triple axel or not. Also I propose the use of "s cubic", it does make as much non sense as "s squared" and even accounts for Steuer.

Simona5

Rinkside
this amazing website has verious links to all the channels, which are broadcasting live figure skating events( other sports as well), its NOT geo-blocked, I have been watching all Olympics through there from Mexico, so here is the website, just select OTHER from the options on the top, at the time of the live events:

sportlemon.tv

Panini

On the Ice
Out of Africa is probably my favourite pair FS ever. So amazingly beautiful. Send in the Clowns was magnificent too. They really had gold medal material there :(

I never understood the phenomenon of S/Z. In my opinion most of their career they were incredibly boring and not artistic at all.

Fixed that for you.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Their program design was superior, but S/S tends to not execute their programs to their full potential when it counts...you can visibly see them get nervous and tense up while the Chinese can still skate perfect with a smile on their face.

Which is why I'm desperately rooting for them in the FS to skate "perfect" because V/T doesn't do it for me performance wise and Pang/Tong is totally out of medal contention.

How in the world is P and T out of medal contention? They are in fourth. One positon out and the third place team is a relatively newbie especially at this elite level. And considerign the erorr they ade int eh short the judges love them. Pang and Tong are definitely in for a medal or a shot at it.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
They can only win on V/T majorly bombing, triple axel or not. Also I propose the use of "s cubic", it does make as much non sense as "s squared" and even accounts for Steuer.

Huh? Ssquared like botht he germans last name begins with S!!!! LOL Get it. You are too funny Kunstrijdster :) I don't think peopoe will get s cubed. if you want s to the power of 2?

Their program design was superior, but S/S tends to not execute their programs to their full potential when it counts...you can visibly see them get nervous and tense up while the Chinese can still skate perfect with a smile on their face.

Ah ok, if that's what you meant, I totally agree then.

S/S definitely aren't a consistent and never have been. But then nobody else in the history of pair skating came anywhere close in terms of complexity of program design. You can never have everything, I guess.

Huh? Ssquared like botht he germans last name begins with S!!!! LOL Get it. You are too funny Kunstrijdster :) I don't think peopoe will get s cubed. if you want s to the power of 2?

Eeerm... You do realise that 'squared' means something different that 'times two?'

S & S = S times two
S & S =/= S squared

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Why didn't the organizers alternate the disciplines so skaters get a day off between their SP and FS? (Tue: Pairs SP, Wed: Men's SP, Thur: Pairs FS, Fri: Men's FS... and so on)
I thought that's how Olympics have been scheduled.

Why didn't the organizers alternate the disciplines so skaters get a day off between their SP and FS? (Tue: Pairs SP, Wed: Men's SP, Thur: Pairs FS, Fri: Men's FS... and so on)

It would have made much more sense.

marcolee925

Rinkside

Probably because people who are interested in one discipline (e.g. pairs) will likely want to watch both the short and the free. Separating the segments by 2+ days will probably discourage spectators from buying tickets at all when factoring in increased costs in accommodation and days off work, etc.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I'm so nervous already. Even though the outcome is almost clear. This is harder than an exam, and I only watch this from the couch in my living room. I don't know how the skaters or any athlete really can stand the pressure.

elle_e

On the Ice
I have my 'watching skating competition' snacks all lined up~ time to go to bed for 3 hours and tune in to pairs at 2 in the morning ^_^

GO ALIONA AND ROBIN <3

deedee1

Record Breaker
Good luck to all pair teams! Hope they will skate lights out, to their full potential. :)
GOOoooo Stefania & Ondrej, Qing & Jian, and Aliona & Robin!!! :yay::party::party2:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I have my 'watching skating competition' snacks all lined up~ time to go to bed for 3 hours and tune in to pairs at 2 in the morning ^_^

GO ALIONA AND ROBIN <3

Goldenskate is back. Who knows for how long. Anyway what is your perfect figure skating snack? I just can't decide, but I want to have some delicious snacks, too!

amethyst1

Spectator
Goldenskate is back. Who knows for how long. Anyway what is your perfect figure skating snack? I just can't decide, but I want to have some delicious snacks, too!

Well, since the live Olympics figure skating broadcasts in my country begin shortly after I get home from working the overnight shift, I'll be having dinner instead of a snack. :)

Today marks a milestone, though...*this* time I get to watch skating as an actual member of this forum instead of as a longtime lurker. Pairs is actually my favorite discipline.

I will still mostly lurk, but it is nice to be here.

Love and blessings to all from amethyst1