2014 Olympics Pairs Free Skate | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Pairs Free Skate

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Omg that quad twist (that looked almost a quint on the replay). It was a delightful program from the Chinese, Lori did it again. But for whatever reason I can't shake that image of a pedophile uncle dancing with his young niece. I'm so sorry Zhang Hao. ><

flyushka

Rinkside
Well, I'm not going to argue on something about which I know very little. I'll just watch and listen to you experts talk. ;)

If it helps, you can think of it less like a "throw", but more as an assisted jump. So the girl is doing a normal jump entry, such as a salchow or a flip, and the guy is supposed to assist her, rather than just chucking her up there. So the difficulty and technique depends on the entry.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I see that Aliona and Robin are not planning a throw 3A...but someone could explain me what if they'll go for it in program? Are some penalty/consequences for changing planned elements/jumps?

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
STOLBOVA Ksenia / KLIMOV Fedor (RUS)

Music: The Addams Family (soundtrack) by Marc Shaiman

She's in red dress w/ black hem. He's in black pants, stripes jacket w/ red collar

3Tw - solid
3FTh - nice
3T+2T+2T - clean
RLi
BoDs
FCCoSp
ChSq
2A - solid
Li
PCoSp
Li
3STh - nailed it!

Great clean skate with good emotion! High fives from both. Should take at least bronze

FS: 72.27+71.20 = 143.47 (PB), in 218.68 (PB), in 1st (out of 13)

burntBREAD

Medalist
I see that Aliona and Robin are not planning a throw 3A...but someone could explain me what if they'll go for it in program? Are some penalty/consequences for changing planned elements/jumps?

No; unless you repeat a jump more than twice, repeat more than two jumps, or don't do combinations on the repeated jumps (then you get a sequence penalty). Can't think of much else -- in singles, if you don't have an axel (happened to Murakami once).

emma

Record Breaker
wow, that was something! great program, fabulous performance, fantastic skating!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

No consequences. They technical panel will simply call it and the judges will score accordingly.