2014 Olympics Pairs Free Skate | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Pairs Free Skate

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
Are you really surprised!? :laugh:

Superb skate, but a lot of tight elements. Still deserving of the win.

Of course I am surprised when a pair get really really good GOES for a Jump, when the Hand is down!

And yes, they deserve to win, but do you think, it is right to get + GOES for that throw??

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
Hmm V/T a little underwhelming? I love this partnership - they really are a golden team but a few little wobbles? I'll be happy for any team that gets it tonight - I like all of them :)
The other Russians were better, IMO. GOE should have been much higher for them. Interested to see protocols.

Carmen95

Rinkside
Hand down on 3STH and second foot on 3LTH - and no negative GOE???? SORR, but that is not right!!!!

My commentator just said he looked on the protocols and they were downgraded a lot, lost almost 5 points... The door is open for Aliona and Robin!!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
PANG Qing / TONG Jian (CHN)

Music: I Dreamed a Dream (from "Les Miserables") by Claude-Michel Schoenberg

She's in red and blue shredded dress. He's in black pants, blue coat w/ red collar

2A+1A+SEQ - he's wild on the first, she has stepout on 2nd
3T - landed, maybe UR from her
3Tw
BoDs
FCCoSp
ChSq
RLi
3STh - nice
3LoTh - also solid
Li
Li
PCoSp

Weak sbs jumps, as expected, sadly. I think they'll miss the podium.

FS: 67.62+68.96 = 136.58, 209.88, in 3rd (out of 15)

FlattFan

Match Penalty
P/T are really good. They look so polished, so clean, so perfect.
Great skating skills. CLean line.

emma

Record Breaker
So, so beautiful. Here I am crying again. So sad that it won't medal (likely) and I still feel they should have won bronze in 2006, but - that was glorious. that was so beautiful.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Of course I am surprised when a pair get really really good GOES for a Jump, when the Hand is down!

And yes, they deserve to win, but do you think, it is right to get + GOES for that throw??

No, I meant that they get + or 0 GOE for throw problems anyways. Not right, but doesn't affect the outcome anyways.

BlackPack

Medalist
Pang & Tong :bow: Thank you for giving us so many magical moments!!!!! So proud of you and congrats!!!!!:clap:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
ok, let V/T win but with THAT judging and marks...Especially with regard of a stellar and freaking clean performance from Ksenia and Fedor, this is simply disgusting and carry away the beauty and spirit from this sport. They should be scored slightly above Ksenia and Fedor even be beaten by them today...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Well Pang and Tong will always be OSM + 2-time World champs. Such a classy duo. :)

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Stolbova/Klimov get a medal! All Drama-Button-needed scoring controversy aside, THAT is one thing I'm glad for.