Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Olympics Pairs Free Skate

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyLex View Post
    Out of Africa is probably my favourite pair FS ever. So amazingly beautiful. Send in the Clowns was magnificent too. They really had gold medal material there :(
    Part of me wished they went back to The Mission. Personally, that's my favorite FS from them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUBjAhoDzz8 But The Nutcracker is nice too.

I want them to go out on a high note, full with throw 3As! Ditto with Pang and Tong!

Custom Title
    It pains me more that lol that s squared coud win on a fluke that they finally land the triple axel.

Rinkside
    While we're all in nostalgic mood, I'd like to remind of L'Oiseau which probably was their most risky programme. I believe the only time they really got it together was at Euros and it was just magical because it hypnotised the whole arena. I don't know if that was my favourite programme of theirs (they had many great programmes), but it probably was the one which showcased how special they are.

Custom Title
    Perfect order for the Russians.
    Your gut should tell you that V\T are not going to miss this one, But if it's Euros all over again,
    S\K are right after and will get the PCS inflation they need to cover that ground, And there wont be 2 Russian messes

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    S/S's programs in 2010 were far superior to S/Z's. But they imploded and that was that.
    Their program design was superior, but S/S tends to not execute their programs to their full potential when it counts...you can visibly see them get nervous and tense up while the Chinese can still skate perfect with a smile on their face.

Which is why I'm desperately rooting for them in the FS to skate "perfect" because V/T doesn't do it for me performance wise and Pang/Tong is totally out of medal contention.

just call me K or Art jockey
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    It pains me more that lol that s squared coud win on a fluke that they finally land the triple axel.
    They can only win on V/T majorly bombing, triple axel or not. Also I propose the use of "s cubic", it does make as much non sense as "s squared" and even accounts for Steuer.

Rinkside
    this amazing website has verious links to all the channels, which are broadcasting live figure skating events( other sports as well), its NOT geo-blocked, I have been watching all Olympics through there from Mexico, so here is the website, just select OTHER from the options on the top, at the time of the live events:

sportlemon.tv

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ARipp42014 View Post
    Part of me wished they went back to The Mission. Personally, that's my favorite FS from them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUBjAhoDzz8 But The Nutcracker is nice too.
    Aww, baby Aliona. And Robin was still in his 20s lol feels like a lifetime ago :P

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SimplyLex View Post
    Out of Africa is probably my favourite pair FS ever. So amazingly beautiful. Send in the Clowns was magnificent too. They really had gold medal material there :(

I never understood the phenomenon of S/Z. In my opinion most of their career they were incredibly boring and not artistic at all.
    Fixed that for you.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Simona5 View Post
    this amazing website has verious links to all the channels, which are broadcasting live figure skating events

sportlemon.tv
    Thanks, Simona5. This looks very promising!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by UnChosen View Post
    Their program design was superior, but S/S tends to not execute their programs to their full potential when it counts...you can visibly see them get nervous and tense up while the Chinese can still skate perfect with a smile on their face.

Which is why I'm desperately rooting for them in the FS to skate "perfect" because V/T doesn't do it for me performance wise and Pang/Tong is totally out of medal contention.
    How in the world is P and T out of medal contention? They are in fourth. One positon out and the third place team is a relatively newbie especially at this elite level. And considerign the erorr they ade int eh short the judges love them. Pang and Tong are definitely in for a medal or a shot at it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunstrijdster View Post
    They can only win on V/T majorly bombing, triple axel or not. Also I propose the use of "s cubic", it does make as much non sense as "s squared" and even accounts for Steuer.
    Huh? Ssquared like botht he germans last name begins with S!!!! LOL Get it. You are too funny Kunstrijdster I don't think peopoe will get s cubed. if you want s to the power of 2?

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by UnChosen View Post
    Ah ok, if that's what you meant, I totally agree then.

S/S definitely aren't a consistent and never have been. But then nobody else in the history of pair skating came anywhere close in terms of complexity of program design. You can never have everything, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Huh? Ssquared like botht he germans last name begins with S!!!! LOL Get it. You are too funny Kunstrijdster I don't think peopoe will get s cubed. if you want s to the power of 2?
    Eeerm... You do realise that 'squared' means something different that 'times two?'

S & S = S times two
    S & S =/= S squared

Custom Title
    Why didn't the organizers alternate the disciplines so skaters get a day off between their SP and FS? (Tue: Pairs SP, Wed: Men's SP, Thur: Pairs FS, Fri: Men's FS... and so on)
    I thought that's how Olympics have been scheduled.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by rollerblade View Post
    Why didn't the organizers alternate the disciplines so skaters get a day off between their SP and FS? (Tue: Pairs SP, Wed: Men's SP, Thur: Pairs FS, Fri: Men's FS... and so on)
    I thought that's how Olympics have been scheduled.
    It would have made much more sense.

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast