2014 Olympics Pairs Free Skate | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Pairs Free Skate

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
That may be the first time I was sorta bored by the James and Cipres, except for that ending, which was like living sculpture.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
One day I want to be watching live when Marissa lands that throw quad salchow on one foot because it will be glorious.

They look happy :)

Lol the French commentators are mocking Marissa's American accent.

I can just imagine what they would say about the way Kevin van der Perren now speaks English with a Northern Ireland accent! :laugh:

On a different note, Clint Mansell's "Lux Aeterna" is my favourite music for skating. But, I did not like that version that Vanessa and Morgan used there now.

Where did the epic-ness of the music go?!

CaroLiza_fan

ranjake

Final Flight
So thrilled for Marissa and Simon! Just to think a few months ago, many thought they wouldn't make it to the Olympics. And not only did they made it, they turned in four great skates! WOW. That 4S was so close. So awesome in the air, just needs to get that free leg out in the landing!

I agree. I've been very impressed with them these games; I really hope they stay together! and build on this.

Zamboni

On the Ice
There is no such thing as a American accent just like there is no one British accent.

That's what I don't understand. Was she speaking French? If she was speaking French with an "American" accent, then I could understand (I should know, my French accent is atrocious).

But if she is speaking English??? :confused:

Tesla

Final Flight
So thrilled for Marissa and Simon! Just to think a few months ago, many thought they wouldn't make it to the Olympics. And not only did they made it, they turned in four great skates! WOW. That 4S was so close. So awesome in the air, just needs to get that free leg out in the landing!

They've been fantastic. I hope they build on this at Worlds and beyond. :)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
WENDE Maylin / WENDE Daniel (GER)

Music: Your Highness (soundtrack) by Steve Yablonsky

She's in dark green dress w/ leather corset. He's in tapered brown pants, belts, and loose white shirt

2Tw
3STh - forward on toe, turnout
3T+2T - she has stepout on 3T, maybe <
2A - he has stepout, hand down
FCCoSp
ChSq
Li
Li
3FTh - twofooted, turnout
Li
BoDs
PCoSp

Messy landings on both jumps and throws, sadly

FS: 52.12+54.88 = 107.00, 166.25, in 5th (out of 12)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wow, Zhang and Bartholomay moved up two spots! They will be at least 12th!

And they also were second in TES...in the first two group. Yay for both American pairs!

ETA: Apparently Chemistry66 and I are both equally excited to post at the same time. :biggrin:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Why would they do that? She is an American, of course she would have an American accent?!?

Boston accent is only unfunny if you're a Kennedy- of course, that's if you're the kind of person who thinks only other people have accents. ;)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Boston accent is only unfunny if you're a Kennedy- of course, that's if you're the kind of person who thinks only other people have accents. ;)

But Marissa is from Rhode Island....and what exactly does a Rhode Island sound like? And is Marissa's a hybrid of the two?

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker

Speaking of accents, I can't tell you how many people tell me they're surprised I don't have a "New Jersey" accent. Which of course, they usually mean a New York accent like a large portion of the more Northern NJ people. I'm a South Jersey girl.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Speaking of accents, I can't tell you how many people tell me they're surprised I don't have a "New Jersey" accent. Which of course, they usually mean a New York accent like a large portion of the more Northern NJ people. I'm a South Jersey girl.

What's up South Jersey?! Grew up in Philadelphia and spent many of my childhood years hanging out in Cherry Hill. :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Why would they do that? She is an American, of course she would have an American accent?!?
RI Sounds pretty much like Boston, only less so, especially after training in Boston for years. States in NE are small.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Wow, Vanessa James actually went for the 3T3T!!! :eek:
He had a good view of her landing after the first 3T, and must have thought that she wouldn't go for it, that's why he only did a 2T even with a clean 3T...
Her landing after the first 3T was not great, but :agree: for going for it... Too bad it didn't work.

Zhang/Bartholomay were cute/great/loveable, just like at US Nationals. Deserved a better score.

Too bad about Wende's, too many mistakes. I was impressed how warm the audience reacted to them, idk if their "silly?" mistake yesterday made them stand out and sort of crowd favorites? They only lost to Z/B by 1 point, but it should have been by more than that, so I really can't complain. I thought they might drop behind Lawrence/Swiegers, who had a cool program :)

Sad for Berton/Hotarek, I'm afraid she was really in pain after the bad fall in the team event :no:

OK, it's starting again, ttyl :)

waltzjump

Rinkside
Matteo Guarise skated with a broken meniscus; he injuried himself about 2 weeks ago. He will have a surgery after the Olympics and try to go to Worlds.