2014 Olympics Pairs Free Skate | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Pairs Free Skate

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
DUHAMEL Meagan / RADFORD Eric (CAN)

Music: Alice in Wonderland (soundtrack) by Danny Elfman; Everlasting by Two Steps from Hell

She's in purple dress w/ white boning. He's in purple tartan pants, purple coat over frilly shirt

3Tw
3Lz - solid
Li
BoDs
PCoSp
3S+2T - she falls on 3S
Li
3LoTh
3LzTh - hands down
Li
ChSq
FCCoSp - unison very off at end

They seemed a bit nervous, and they made some costly mistakes - shame, they really needed to be more clean in order to fight for bronze

FS: 64.25+64.07-1.00 = 127.32 (SB), 199.53 (SB), in 1st (out of 9)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I don't think D/R are going to hold on to fifth. Messy, messy, messy.

ETA: A SB for that? Well ok...

emma

Record Breaker
What's up South Jersey?! Grew up in Philadelphia and spent many of my childhood years hanging out in Cherry Hill. :)

Wow, I grew up in Philly suburbs, and some of my best friends grew up in Cherry Hill...small world!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
MOORE-TOWERS K / MOSCOVITCH D (CAN)

Music: Fellini Medley by Nino Rota

She's in black sparkly dress, pink flower in hair. He's in black pants, grey vest, black shirt

3Tw - maybe bit low
3T+3T+SEQ
3S - he doubles
BoDs
PCoSp
3LoTh
Li
Li
FCCoSp - bit far apart
3STh
Li - lunge entry

Nice skate, only a double salchow from him. She seems very happy, jumping up and down

FS: 64.91+66.26 = 131.18, 202.10, in 1st (out of 10)

ranjake

Final Flight
But Marissa is from Rhode Island....and what exactly does a Rhode Island sound like? And is Marissa's a hybrid of the two?
I think she has a Rhode Island accent; like a Cranston accent- it is similar to a Boston accent to me. I like those accents :)

Robeye

Final Flight
The woman needs to provide some force of her own, she's not a sack of potatoes being thrown in the air. :laugh:
Well, I'm not going to argue on something about which I know very little. I'll just watch and listen to you experts talk. ;)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
BAZAROVA Vera / LARIONOV Yuri (RUS)

Music: Polovetsian Dances (from "Prince Igor") by Alexander Borodin

She's in red, pink, bronze dress w/ cutouts. Headband. He's in dark brown costume w/red armor vest

3T - she twofooted, maybe UR, far apart
2A+2A+SEQ - hers very small, far apart
3FTh
FiDs
FCCoSp
3Tw - good height
Li
3LoTh - hand down
ChSq
Li
Li
PCoSp

Kinda eeks through sbs jumps, but the rest was solid enough. They still needed more energy to live up to the music

FS: 65.04+64.90 = 129.94, 199.90, in 2nd (out of 11)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wow, I grew up in Philly suburbs, and some of my best friends grew up in Cherry Hill...small world!

I spent some time in the Philly suburbs as well...though I was more in the exurbs, I think, since I was about 50 minutes away.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Cherry Hill FTW <3 (Guess where I grew up! :p)

:)

My aunt and uncle still lives in Cherry Hill. In fact when I was in the area this summer, I stayed with them. :)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Larionov looks so much better in costume than in just the t-shirt thingy he wore for the short. It elongates his bulk and gives him a better presentation. Certainly better than yesterday, but I woudn't move them up for it.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Nice little piece of trivia from @SarahandDrew:

SarahandDrew 9:08am via Twitter for iPhone
US will improve over 2010, when their pairs were 10th and 13th. Can't be lower than 9th and 12th.

Yay! Congrats to our American pairs. :)

BlackPack

Medalist
Aside from the sequin bombs that are certainly not Chanel, those kids are gorgeous. So much potential. They remind me so much of S&Z. I miss them! :cry: