Shae is speculating about Peter | Golden Skate

Shae is speculating about Peter

mike79

On the Ice
brenlynn said:
:sheesh:

that is all.

What's wrong with posting that article? It seems pretty interesting to me.

That's pretty cool to hear that she would actually consider returning to eligible competition, especially after she was the one who wanted to leave the amateur life.

brenlynn

On the Ice
mike79 said:
What's wrong with posting that article? It seems pretty interesting to me.

i didn't say there was anything wrong with posting it.

:sheesh: is how i feel about it.

aliaschick

Rinkside
Shae and Peter would seem weird to me. I loved Shae and Vic too much. But mybae it would be okay. IF they do skate together, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt or whatever

sarahmistral

On the Ice
She made one thing abundantly clear.

"I would only skate for Canada," she said. "I won't skate for another country.

"That wouldn't be an option for me, which makes it hard, too, if I ever did skate again because there's nobody (feasible to partner with in Canada)."

How about Eman Sandhu;) I actually threw out that suggestion (ice dancing) in a "Sandhu" thread I started in the Worlds folder...

Just advocating in a devilish manner...

Sarah:)

Antilles

Medalist
I bet Fedor would make a good dancer too. I think Emanuel would be too difficult to work with.

Kara Bear

Final Flight
I wish these f reakin journalists would get their names straight.Shae boyfriend is noot named Alexei!

Koroleva

On the Ice
Peter is a great balletic skater... Shae is not. Doesn't seem like a match to me...

I agree with Brenda.

:sheesh:

TRAxel

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Shae Lynn is a flexible skater, I think she would be just fine with Peter. Who ever she ends up with or whatever she does, I wish her good luck. I am glad that if she skates in the amatuer ranks again she will only skate for Canada! :)

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
"I would only skate for Canada," she said. "I won't skate for another country.

Well Peter wants to go to the Olys, and I doubt he will want to change his citizenship again.
I can't seem him skating with anyone but Naomi :(

TRAxel

On the Ice
Country
Canada
BravesSkateFan said:
Well Peter wants to go to the Olys, and I doubt he will want to change his citizenship again.
I can't seem him skating with anyone but Naomi :(

It's hard to see Shae Lynn skating with anyone but Victor as well... but we must move on. ;)

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
LOL...If all us Skating fans went to therapy for our FS related problems the world of therapists would be overbooked. LOL

TRAxel

On the Ice
Country
Canada
BravesSkateFan said:
LOL...If all us Skating fans went to therapy for our FS related problems the world of therapists would be overbooked. LOL

:laugh: Very good point! Self help books, I think that is the obvious way to go now. :p :laugh:

miffy_1306

Rinkside
If Peter can't find a suitable partner in US (remember he's 33 and 6'2'') maybe he has changed his mind about trying to stay for the Olympics, and is thinking of skating with Shae for other reasons. I'm no expert on US Ice dancers, but other people have told me there isn't really anyone up to his standard who is looking for a partner. :( If this is true, maybe he has decided to put aside his Olympic hopes in order to keep skating?

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
Very good point! Self help books, I think that is the obvious way to go now.
yes self-help books. That sounds good LOL :D

If Peter can't find a suitable partner in US (remember he's 33 and 6'2'') maybe he has changed his mind about trying to stay for the Olympics, and is thinking of skating with Shae for other reasons. I'm no expert on US Ice dancers, but other people have told me there isn't really anyone up to his standard who is looking for a partner. If this is true, maybe he has decided to put aside his Olympic hopes in order to keep skating?

Well its not as if someone from another country can't get US citizenship to skate with Peter. Not saying that the other partner should have to be the one to switch, but just as Shae-Lynn is saying she won't change citizenship, Peter could do the same, and I wouldn't blame him. I wouldn't want to do that again if I were him.

guinevere

Final Flight
BravesSkateFan said:
Well its not as if someone from another country can't get US citizenship to skate with Peter.
Wouldn't happen in time for 2006 - look at Belbin & Agosto. Tanith has been in the INS mechanism for a long time already, and still may not have her citizenship in time for Turin.

But Shae-Lynn didn't seem to be talking about eligible competition, just pro. I can't really see Peter skating with her either, but if he has let go of his Oly dream and just wants to be able to skate pro (and earn a living doing it), it might be worth a try.

guinevere