2014 Olympics Short Dance | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Short Dance

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
But the step sequence was nice. Love her dress. But again, it feels like everyone so far is missing the STYLE of Finnstep.

ETA: That should be it for the Chinese pair. Ouch.

elle_e

On the Ice
I feel compelled to be nationalistic and cheer for the Aussies but I really don't like their skating :/

sweetskates1

Medalist

caitie

Medalist
But the step sequence was nice. Love her dress. But again, it feels like everyone so far is missing the STYLE of Finnstep.

That's what the inventors of the Finnstep said as well. I think the ISU is to blame, though, for their specifications. And this is only the second time this pattern has been performed IIRC so I guess it's still a learning curve for the coaches/choreographers/skaters?

sweetskates1

Medalist
The Australians' movements and form of execution remind me a lot of I/K - please do not throw stones at me - they both look heavy (their movements, not them) and lacking in speed/difficulty.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
The Chinese are head of the Ukrainians!

The Aussies are next!

The Aussies are nice but man they are slow. And they need to be sharper. I'm being picky because I like them. The music isn't helping--the first two sections are indistinguishable. But a very good job for them. Love their sunniness.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
The Turks tend to get a little frantic, but I really like them. I hope they don't get screwed on their music like they did at Worlds last year. She is gorgeous. It'll be close with the Aussies.