2014 Olympics Short Dance | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Short Dance

dress

On the Ice
I love the Turks. They have a good energy, and great interpretation. It was nice to see them smile at the end of the performance. The crowd didn't agree with the judges...

It will be interesting to see them improve in the next years. They can be better if they get the levels

rollerblade

Record Breaker
So much for Tara's dad saying she worked hard into the nights doing research for her commentary. It was like she's a 13 year old getting her first job, and needs daddy to wave the pompoms or something. :laugh:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'd love to see a pic of the Ukrainian lady side by side with Ashley when their scores came up. I actually enjoyed them to be honest:slink:

auser

Record Breaker
I really like Tara and Johnny but they don't seem into this like they are into the individual events. They constantly are comparing it to the individual event like when commentators watching hockey relate it to basketball or football so the average sports fan isn't lost. The difference seems to,me at least, they aren't relating it to individual skating for the viewers but for themselves to stay interested.
Yes, I've been watching NBCSP with the sound off, while listening to the BBC feed online. I'm kind of missing having a true ice dance commentator. Although I must say BBC folks are respectful about being pretty quiet during the dances:thumbsup:.

caitie

Medalist
So much for Tara's dad saying she worked hard into the nights doing research for her commentary. It was like she's a 13 year old getting her first job, and needs daddy to wave the pompoms or something. :laugh:

TBF, I think Ice Dance is probably the most difficult discipline to commentate on, especially with her experience.

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
Where did you get that question? you twisted mind LOL:laugh:
They never said they are a couple, but they have good chemistry together

well, they live together

i can't imagine spending that much time with someone without shooting them in the face unless i loved them a whole lot

Matilda

Medalist
Neither of them were ice dancers so this really isn't their area. I'm surprised that NBC didn't augment their commentary with someone who, you know, actually knows what to comment on. Just a thought, NBC.

Also, had NBC shown some ice dance during the GP series, they would at least have got some practice, instead of having to comment on dance for the first time in the Olys, and live. I also agree with the poster who suggested adding Ben Agosto to team. Anyway, I like this team, and think they help attract viewers to the sport.

caitie

Medalist
Ben Agosto ‏@Ben_Agosto 21h
Is it weird that I'm an even bigger fan of my @TanithJLB now? Keep up the great work Tanith! #whatcantshedo #missmybelbin

Aw, that's sweet. TY for the heads up about Ben's twitter!

tulosai

Record Breaker
Alright I'm caught up on my DVR. I was hoping to time it so I'd be caught up one group later than I actually am but oh well.

This is the most I've ever enjoyed Carron/Jones. Glad they are in first.

In general I'm surprised how much I enjoyed all the skaters. I hope Reed/Reed will qualify. Also really enjoyed the German team, happy that Germany earned the second spot at Worlds last year so that the World can finally see them.

I also really did like the Turks, never saw them before either. Hopefully they will be around internationally from now on and able to improve their levels.

I hoped for more from S/Z from Russia. They seemed to be trying to keep up with their music. So cool that Nelli Z. from Germany is his sister- never knew that.

Excited for the Shibs in this group. Also hope PAul/Islam will do okay.

ARipp42014

Medalist
Johnny, I guess you miss the memo about the Reeds!

(He made a comment about the Shibs sticking something bro-sis friendly)

caitie

Medalist
I spy what can only be costumes for a pink panther routine...

ETA: This commentary on Maia and Alex, sigh. I wish they hadn't won that unexpected bronze and then had that target on their back.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I think S/Z got dinged for the music choice, which was far more blues than ballroom. More moonshine than bathtub gin, if you will. They are very good, but I think they missed the whole style of Finnstep.