Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Olympics Short Dance

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    The beautifully formatted time schedule PDF is here:

When I have time, I will come back and make the copied and pasted list below prettier.

Thanks!

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachmaninoff View Post
    Thanks!
    For future reference, the ISU Olympics page has had and/or will have similar detailed time schedules for all skating segments:

I love going to the event page on sochi2014.com - especially when waiting for results... so clean and easy...

Whippet Good!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    After the awful men's event, I can't wait for the dance event

that being said I'm still terrified we'll see something like the ODs in 2006... hope I'm wrong.
    I can't wait for it either. It's also the one I'm most nervous for. I hope it's nothing like the 2006 ODs. No falls. No injuries.

I love going to the event page on sochi2014.com - especially when waiting for results... so clean and easy...
    I love the Sochie2014 results pages. They're awesome. I love the speed events (luge, skeleton, speed skating). You can "watch" as the competitors go!

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Not sure if you were responding to my post above??

Rach wanted the schedule with times for individual entries. AFAIK, Sochi2014.com does not have the detailed time schedules -- only the ISU page does.

Totally agree that the Sochi2014 event pages have been great for real-time results.

Custom Title
    I want to put Chock & Bates SD first.

I dunno, people said Chan was a lock for gold coming into these games... don't declare the winners just yet.

pushing the boudaries in dance and in live
    I dunno, people said Chan was a lock for gold coming into these games... don't declare the winners just yet.
    um...but Chan had mistakes and didn't get the gold while during the team event Davis and White skated with an obvious error in twizzles and their skate was very 'tense' comparing to their previous outings and they settled a new WR...So it's clear for me (and D/W ubers - this is only a fact statement, not hate so pls...) that probably nothing could take off from them that gold.

But it's sad that when they have mistakes, they haven't any influence for PCS for Davis and White while when the others made some, the PCS is lowballed automaticly...of course with exception for Russians

Custom Title
    2006 did have one upside. It gave us this:
    http://web.icenetwork.com/images/201...6/IBYvWMvS.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    2006 did have one upside. It gave us this:
    http://web.icenetwork.com/images/201...6/IBYvWMvS.jpg
    Hehe, you read my mind.

I love how when you go to type in "barbara fusar poli" in Google, one of the first results that comes up is "barbara fusar poli stare"

Custom Title
    LOL, after 2006 my friend and I (the one I used to watch all the skating with) would kid with each other: "Don't make me go all Barbara Fusar-Poli on you!" And then GLARE...

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    I'm so looking forward to the dance . . . my favorite skating discipline to watch!

Banned
    Who are those people. I certainly never thought that and many others on this forum didnt. Of the 4 favorites coming in Chan was by far the least secure, heck he wasnt even the favorite anymore by the time the mens short program and even less after it finished. Davis & White are in a very secure favorites role now, and ice dance unlike the other 3 disciplines isnt particularly slippery. It will take a rare and unusual mistake in one of the programs for them to lose.

Custom Title
    For the last four years, at every single competition, it has ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS comes down to
    1. who hits their levels
    2. how well they are performed.

Each of the Marlie/Voir ubers has been quick to point out any possible flaw or mistake made by the other team, but again it will come down to levels and performance. Marlie has always started strong and refined things. Voir always starts out a bit more in sketch mode, and then progresses more exponentially over the course of a season. And by the end it's always very close and always comes down to levels and performance. I don't see why this Olympics will be any different.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Who are those people. I certainly never thought that and many others on this forum didnt. Of the 4 favorites coming in Chan was by far the least secure, heck he wasnt even the favorite anymore by the time the mens short program and even less after it finished.
    I didn't realize there were 4 favorites for men's Olympic gold; it was always going to come down to Hanyu vs. Chan. I suppose you are saying that Fernandez and Ten were the other 2 favorites and if that is the case, then I emphatically say that no, Chan was not less secure than Fernandez and Ten, particularly given how horribly Fernandez and Ten skated all season in the lead up to Sochi. It was clear though that Hanyu had become the ISU's new golden boy and that Chan would need mistakes from him in addition to his own solid performance in order to win. The first part of the equation (mistakes from Hanyu) definitely came to fruition in a big way, but unfortunately for Chan, he did not deliver a solid performance on the world's biggest stage in order to win. Chan didn't need to be clean after Yuzuru's flawed skate. Had he landed the 3Salchow and 2Axel cleanly, I believe he would be our men's gold medalist even with the hand down on the 2nd 4toe and the big step out of the 3Axel. Sadly, this performance is going to replay in his head for the rest of his life and for that I feel sorry for him. He will need a lot of time to fully get over this personal disappointment.

Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 ... LastLast