Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Olympics Short Dance

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    After the awful men's event, I can't wait for the dance event

that being said I'm still terrified we'll see something like the ODs in 2006... hope I'm wrong.
    If anything d/w fans need to worry about the curse of American medalists in Vancouver in Sochi. It's a big story. Where's all the medals for Americans who medaled in Vancouver?

Custom Title
    Well, America had an unusually high medal count in Vancouver. I'm not surprised that the US team isn't pulling similar numbers.

I think the way the rivalry is portrayed in the show is waaaay overdone, but really entertaining
    I loved it, lol. http://25.media.tumblr.com/d120c3768...2rtao1_500.gif

Quote Originally Posted by ARipp42014 View Post
    Only posting here because Chemistry and I are going tag crazy on this thread! Too bad we have to wait less than 24 hours for the SD.
    I've been trying to figure out what a preemptive drama giraffe is

I was hoping to see "preemptive drama kitty"
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2...5rnho3_400.gif
    That's one intense cat.

Some, though, are not as tough as they think they are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO97PPg7zpE

I'm gonna Customize the CRAP out of this Title!!! Frenchie's Avatar
    About the fight for Bronze, as I posted in the other thread:

You could see in the Team Event Short Dance when comparing B/S and P/B that B/S had 1.40 points more in PCS: That's a big difference, and it's pretty telling as to where the judges "want to see them".
    ________________P/B______B/S
    Skating skills_____8.64_____9.00
    Transition________8.54_____8.75
    Execution________8.82_____9.18
    Choreography____8.64_____8.89
    Interpret. timing__8.68_____9.18

I'm afraid P/B will need to skate clean and B/S and I/K to make more than 1 big mistake each to get a medal.
    B/S, to me, were "a bit inferior to P/B in PCS, but more reliable", so it seems unfair to me they only need to skate clean to beat P/B, but that's where we're at I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernDancers View Post
    So far, the judging of the pairs and men events have been really quite good. The right people are in the right places, I think. An argument can be made either way that Chan and Hanyu could have switched places, but I really think it was lost in the short program. Hanyu was stellar in the short, and Patrick had a small mistake. It wasn't about the quads. It was about the axel, which Chan has struggled with for a long time. When its on, its good. But it wasn't really on for the short or free. One can argue that the PCS and GOE was a little over the top in the pairs, but it was more for all the teams, so it was good.

Now I hope for absolutely diligent and real judging in the dance. None of the nonsense we saw at COR, GPF and even the Team event. Same set of standards applied to all teams. Same scale of values in GOE and PCS for all teams. And adherence to the rules, all of them, not just personal preference or national preference. Of all the disciplines of skating, I think the biggest microscope on the sport of skating will be on ice dance. So let's see marks that are consistent with what is put on the ice on the day of competition. Let's make sure the SPORT has some integrity.
    I thought Pang and Tong were robbed of the bronze. In the men's, it wasn't that hard to judge since no one really skated well, and with the exception of a handful of men who landed the quad. As for ice dance, the gold and silver are mostly agreed universally by judges and fans alike, while bronze is up for grabs. It seems (the last I checked) fans on this forum favored Weaver and Poje for bronze in the beginning of the season, while the judges have favored B&S if clean and to a certain extent P&B. Personally, I think Weaver and Poje's subtle complexity and sophistication define ice dancing, while B&S's 4Seasons is a campy caricature. P&B's is interesting and very true to their style. I&K has conceded their spot by falling at least twice this season. C&L are respectable and classic but they don't seem to be anyone's favorite.

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    I should have gone with Dramatic Chipmunk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVLOVpwXYGY

(Yes, that's not really a chipmunk)

When I got up this morning I thought I missed the SD lol

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPack View Post
    I thought Pang and Tong were robbed of the bronze. In the men's, it wasn't that hard to judge since no one really skated well, and with the exception of a handful of men who landed the quad. As for ice dance, the gold and silver are mostly agreed universally by judges and fans alike, while bronze is up for grabs. It seems (the last I checked) fans on this forum favored Weaver and Poje for bronze in the beginning of the season, while the judges have favored B&S if clean and to a certain extent P&B. Personally, I think Weaver and Poje's subtle complexity and sophistication define ice dancing, while B&S's 4Seasons is a campy caricature. P&B's is interesting and very true to their style. I&K has conceded their spot by falling at least twice this season. C&L are respectable and classic but they don't seem to be anyone's favorite.
    B/S are not skating the Four Seasons program (much to my immense disappointment--it's a Camp Hall Of Fame Classic). They're going back to last year's program of Man with the Harmonica/Tosca.

Custom Title
    B/S are not skating the Four Seasons program (much to my immense disappointment
    Haha, glad it's not just me. Yeah it was kind of a mess by the end, but it was the sort of program I was looking forward to watching at the Olympics with all the casual, every-four-years people. I mean, the barking and crazy head-bobbing, the gunshot, her dying in his arms at the end... what's not to love!

In other news, Meryl was wearing a new dress at practice yesterday. It's VERY pink, but I like it. (I grabbed the link from FSU, ty to rustymuffins!)

Quote Originally Posted by Chemistry66 View Post
    I should have gone with Dramatic Chipmunk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVLOVpwXYGY

(Yes, that's not really a chipmunk)

When I got up this morning I thought I missed the SD lol
    Maybe we should bring back the llama!
    http://youtu.be/KMYN4djSq7o

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Maybe we should bring back the llama!
    http://youtu.be/KMYN4djSq7o
    I once cited that in a bibliography in addition to my actual sources because I wasn't sure if my teacher actually read the bibliography.

Gaaaaaaaah not having skating today is making me twitch.

Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    In other news, Meryl was wearing a new dress at practice yesterday. It's VERY pink, but I like it. (I grabbed the link from FSU, ty to rustymuffins!)
    I like it better than the pale one.

Custom Title
    I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU for sharing Caitie. I am so happy Meryl is wearing a new SD dress and in that shade of pink - so gorgeous on her!

Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    Haha, glad it's not just me. Yeah it was kind of a mess by the end, but it was the sort of program I was looking forward to watching at the Olympics with all the casual, every-four-years people. I mean, the barking and crazy head-bobbing, the gunshot, her dying in his arms at the end... what's not to love!

Custom Title
    Will I/k's levels be 1 or 4? It's the biggest question over any team competitng. You know most teams in the final group will be 3 or 4 and have been that way all season no matter the panel. But I/k its 2 on almost all elements or 3 or 4 or all the way down to one sometimes! So that's why they have no shot at bronze. Not because they fell at euros but because I would not be surprised if every one of their technical elements was a level 1 or 2 tomorrow.

So W&P are so In the mix for bronze with p&b. maybe b&s but then the fd occurs and b/s fall out.

It's true they saved themselves from being eliminated by not doing barking dogs. All judges would be worried to give that high scores at the Olympics. Not even sure their mental patients program won't cause the same thing.

Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 ... LastLast