2014 Olympics Short Dance | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Short Dance

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
why is meryl's hideous sd dress back, i thought she changed it for good

bobrova is one of the least graceful figure skaters i've seen in my life, she dances like a newborn gazelle who doesn't know what to do with her limbs

sweetskates1

Medalist
It would be awesome if she wore either her original sd dress or the new one. I am nervous about new outfits interfering with the performance execution. However, I do not like the matronly look the dress she wore to the Team competition one bit. It feels heavy and their dance is supposed to be free and uninhibited. I would rather the light pink dress because it made her moves look balletic icy and free.

why is meryl's hideous sd dress back, i thought she changed it for good

bobrova is one of the least graceful figure skaters i've seen in my life, she dances like a newborn gazelle who doesn't know what to do with her limbs

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
And for my 1000th post I thought I would wish everyone a sunny good day and say I've been looking forward to the dance event since Vancouver!
:party2::party::party2::party::yay:

Yes, the uber sniping is getting past ridiculous and heading into Stupidvillle. If you believe every uber, Marlie are a disgrace and it's surprising that Voir can walk, let alone skate, without making a mistake. Let the skating speak for itself--which it does far more eloquently than the uber-sniping.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
ok, I write this post third time...

For Bobrova...Last season gave me a little hope for her - her looks were minimalistic, her hairstyle and make-up enlightened her beauty and outfits marked her figure well. This season is a step or even two steps back for them to Kustarova's era - she looks like an old auntie in their SD - too much and too dark make up, an old-fashioned, complitely unmatched to her face hairdo and a dress which is nowhere near a classy ballroom outifit. Adding her ducked posture and non-existed lines make a hot mess...

If I were near them, I would suggest probably the simplest idea for their SD - take all the music cuts from MM songs, use natural beauty features of Bobrova (blonde hair and a fair complexion which looks good in red) and make her as MM and the whole dance as a story from MM movies. She would be stunning in some copy of famous light-coloured/white (?) MM's dress, classy 'Hollywood-esque' hairstyle, some diamonds and a red lipstick...Also the dance would be more entertaining, complex and fluid I think

deedee1

Record Breaker
Good luck to Nathalie & Fabian!!!!!!!!! :yay::party: My wish is they get the Bronze medal! :)

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
I'm a neutral when it comes to the top two in Ice Dance. I love both V/M & D/W.
What I will say is that I don't think the gap between them is as huge as the marks we are seeing.
D/W for me are more athletic & stronger but V/M are pure ice dance.
I'm a huge P/B fan but fear the worst when it comes to the marks they got in the team event compared to B/S.
I would have I/K & W/P ahead of B/S.
I think the SD result may be;
1st D/W
2nd V/M
3rd B/S
4th P/B
5th W/P
6th I/K
7th C/L
8th C/B
9th S/S
That's not what I'd like to see but.................

deedee1

Record Breaker
any of Japanese TVs have no interest in broadcasting Ice Dance live, it seems...:mad: Any streaming available, please?

sweetskates1

Medalist
Congratulations WeakAnkles and I am crying with happiness already because of those disgraceful American ice dancers.. I am so emotional and they have not even skated yet. As you stated below, I have been looking forward to this dance competition since Vancouver and I am a mess.

And for my 1000th post I thought I would wish everyone a sunny good day and say I've been looking forward to the dance event since Vancouver!
:party2::party::party2::party::yay:

Yes, the uber sniping is getting past ridiculous and heading into Stupidvillle. If you believe every uber, Marlie are a disgrace and it's surprising that Voir can walk, let alone skate, without making a mistake. Let the skating speak for itself--which it does far more eloquently than the uber-sniping.

KKonas

Medalist
Short Dance Judging Panel
Wolter _ GER
Nechkina - AZB
Rettstatt - USA
Zhang - CHN
Langton - AUS
Molina - FRA
Krauziene - LTU
Andreeva - RUS
Abbott - CAN

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
The conspiracy-ubers are, shall we say, going to look askance at the makeup of that panel. I just hope EVERYONE skates to the best of their abilities and let the chips fall where they may.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I find talking about that 'fix' useless. D/W are going to win because at the moment they have better programs. And it comes from someone who really loves V/M.
ACtually I think most experts are saying based on music, theme, choreography, skating skills and all in both skates V and m are better but the issue is execution. Otherthan the lifts which the morepleasing look will be D and W because of size issues V and M have th egoods they just don'thave the ability so far. topugh neither team ahas a masterpiee rather anoter perfunctory pretty program. Even if D and W skate perfectly their programs will not be a Bolero or Klimova and Pomanrenkor even Usova Zhulin et al. or even a Duchesny missing. Theya r e just well done performances. And again, not every program can be that special other wise there would be no special

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
The conspiracy-ubers are, shall we say, going to look askance at the makeup of that panel. I just hope EVERYONE skates to the best of their abilities and let the chips fall where they may.

ETA: Thanks sweet. I am not a mess but I am thanking the heavens for the internet, where we all will be able to enjoy watching these programs in the future for years and years to come.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I'm totally uninvested in Dance, have no favourites to root for, don't care about the audience reaction and I have no idea about any of the programs. So basically today&tomorrow will be relaxing days for me, where I just can enjoy the performances. And Dance is never a splat fest, so yay!

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Theya r e just well done performances. And again, not every program can be that special other wise there would be no special

I agree. In a few years, I don't think I'll remember D/W's olympic program. But it's just a matter of taste.

caitie

Medalist
I'll be watching on NBCSN. Here's hoping they are using Tracy, Judy, Ben, or yes even Tanith. Listening to Johnny and Tara try to commentate the ice dancing last week was painful.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
In honor of this year's short dance, one really should be drinking champagne. Or, if you are in a morning zone, mimosas! Alas, I don't drink, but I did break out the EXPENSIVE coffee this morning. No Folgers or Maxwell House for me today! LOL!

ETA: the lag10 link IS the BBC. Robin and Sue! Wooohoo! :party2: