The arrival of Yuna Kim | Page 2 | Golden Skate

The arrival of Yuna Kim

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
While people are freaking out over julia(for good or bad), yuna really seems to not care so much.:laugh:

She knows that when they go head to head, Julia will suddenly transform into the little girl with potential. Yu-na will show them who's Queen.

FS sport is fundamentally founded upon judging system, and plus, there's no guarantee that a skater could skate her best on a given date. If I could happy with my performance (at Sochi), I will accept whatever the result. I heard about these Russian up-and-comers. For Yulia, it is her first Olympics and she has just debuted as senior. And the Olympics are taking place in Russia, so I hope she enjoys her experience as a good beginning of her career. Unlike her, I am in a different stage, my final competition. I'd not occupy my mind with the judging and other external factors that I cannot control, and I will focus on what I can and should do.

I just felt like putting that here one more time. :)

I. too, hope Julia enjoys her Olympic experience. ;)

Last edited:

Hamil

Rinkside
One thing that strikes me in this interview is that when asked about her training schedule in Sochi, Yuna answered "Nothing special. I will train in Sochi as usual. I plan to take a day off to avoid getting tired before the important games". She definitely seems to have a complete control over her games with the right mindset of champion.

Krislite

Medalist
Or words of someone that understands or believes there might already be a decision made on who gets the OGM regardless of what happens next week unless the pre-determined OGM winner really messes up.

Um...OK. I doubt she has insider knowledge on the machinations of the Russian Fed. ;)

jcsamex

Rinkside
HAHAHAHAHA.... OMG!!! You have made me laugh so hard I think I woke up my whole family xD

jcsamex

Rinkside
HAHAHAHAHA.... OMG!!! You have made me laugh so hard I think I woke up my whole family xD

Yeah... I was talking about Hyperinflation's comment. I should probably go to sleep, too. I have to wake up early tomorrow to watch the pairs free skate.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
@guanchi posted this and Me and everyone at the rink couldn't stop :rofl::rofl: If something goes wrong now we all yell FEET!!!

Yuna and Yulia are both transformer robots
They will merge to form YUNIA KIMSKAYA
All problems in this 2.0 skater- small jumps, immaturity, imperfect lines, FEET!!!- will have been fully resolved after a firmware update and rebooting.
Memory chips- Samsung
Software update- 17 yr old from Yekaterinburg
YUNIA will not need gold or silver- It will prefer lithium polymer above all else

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
FS sport is fundamentally founded upon judging system, and plus, there's no guarantee that a skater could skate her best on a given date. If I could happy with my performance (at Sochi), I will accept whatever the result. I heard about these Russian up-and-comers. For Yulia, it is her first Olympics and she has just debuted as senior. And the Olympics are taking place in Russia, so I hope she enjoys her experience as a good beginning of her career. Unlike her, I am in a different stage, my final competition. I'd not occupy my mind with the judging and other external factors that I cannot control, and I will focus on what I can and should do.

All kidding aside I hope Yuna goes out like a queen. I would love to see two more great skates from her.

GiveHer6.0's

Rinkside
It will be fun to watch the dynamics between the two. Before the team event, everyone was talking about Mao vs Yuna. Now it seems Julia has moved up, possibly the favorite on home court. Did participating in the team event help (getting over her nerves on olympic ice) or hurt (did she already give her olympic skate) Julia? Will Yuna be fresh or uninspired? God, someone who is there please post the practice sessions....these IMO are sometimes the most enjoyable

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
It will be fun to watch the dynamics between the two. Before the team event, everyone was talking about Mao vs Yuna. Now it seems Julia has moved up, possibly the favorite on home court. Did participating in the team event help (getting over her nerves on olympic ice) or hurt (did she already give her olympic skate) Julia? Will Yuna be fresh or uninspired? God, someone who is there please post the practice sessions....these IMO are sometimes the most enjoyable

Julia is so the IT girl at the moment.
My mom and my friend who watched her loved her. lol

Ven

Match Penalty
There are little kids who can do phenomenal dribbling tricks with basketball that makes them look like a wizard.

Let's see what happens when they have to step on the court and play a real game vs. the seven foot champion.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I wish Yuna all the best. I think she is in the best position and can skate as good as always. I do admire her natural calmness. It won't be easy, but if one can do it, it is her. I am not afraid or nervous for her, like I am for other skaters.

For Julia, I think this her chance for Gold. 4 years from now, as a 19 year old, I don't see her winning in Korea.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Julia is great and I look forward to watching Yuna be amazed by someone far more intriguing.

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
Julia is great and I look forward to watching Yuna be amazed by someone far more intriguing.

As per Yuna's interview, it seems like she doesn't care about Yulia. so L-O-L to you.

yuki90

On the Ice

lol. The only thing YuNa will be impressed by Julia is her spin then she will be dissappointed by her tiny jumps and medicore skating skill. then she thinks like her LP at 2009 Worlds got 131 and this is 141? what the heck?.

Im sure YuNa would watch the GPF in Japan when Julia recieved 125 with clean programme and beaten by Mao .
Maybe YuNa was surprised by Julia's ridiculous score. lol

flor87

Spectator
I can't wait to see her perform. I still don't get how she can be compared to Julia, but whatever. That's what media does I guess. People who have no clue about the sport think she's the best cause she spins. I' m really dissapointed when scores reflect what people want to see instead of what they should, but whatever. Yuna doesn't seem to care lol Good for her. I hope she gives the performance of her life :)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
lol. The only thing YuNa will be impressed by Julia is her spin then she will be dissappointed by her tiny jumps and medicore skating skill. then she thinks like her LP at 2009 Worlds got 131 and this is 141? what the heck?.

Im sure YuNa would watch the GPF in Japan when Julia recieved 125 with clean programme and beaten by Mao .
Maybe YuNa was surprised by Julia's ridiculous score. lol

Mao was the one overscored in the GPF