Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Four More Years for Wagner

Hybrid View

Custom Title

Four More Years for Wagner

Did anyone hear about this? Ashley says she is excited to work with Raphael for four more years. I thought maybe she was going to retire. She will be 26. I just don't know if she can last another four years.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flying camel View Post
    Did anyone hear about this? Ashley says she is excited to work with Raphael for four more years. I thought maybe she was going to retire. She will be 26. I just don't know if she can last another four years.
    She never talked about retiring… I don't know if she will do 4 more years per say, but I think she will keep skating as long as she is successful.

Banned
    she'll stay until gracie starts beating her

there's only room for one mediocre blonde all-american ice princess

Custom Title
    Wow - what a nasty comment to make.

Quote Originally Posted by hyperinflation View Post
    she'll stay until gracie starts beating her

there's only room for one mediocre blonde all-american ice princess
    It's good that NEITHER lady fits that bill as neither is mediocre and really, neither is blonde.

Down With It
    I don't think she'll last that long (or stay that long, regardless of what she may say now), but more power to her if she feels she has unfinished business. I think she still wants to stand on a world podium at some point. As remote a chance as it is, this may be her only shot at an (individual) Olympic medal so let's see what happens next week. She must be thankful for the team event since it got the "controversy monkey" off her back and that will help to alleviate some of the pressure.

I predict this will (finally) be the first international comp where she is beaten by Gold.

Custom Title
    The thread title made me laugh, like she's been elected to be President for another 4 years.

I say good for her, but I hope she hasn't peaked. She needs to up her technical chops and stop 2 footing her jumps if she wants to stay competitive.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    I predict this will (finally) be the first international comp where she is beaten by Gold.
    I think so too. It's a big competition to lose to Gold at, but then again, it's hard to say if Gold can maintain her consistency post-Olympics (I mean, look at Mirai).

Banned
    she'll get a wake up call and retire once Gracie starts beating her in every competition

Custom Title
    Good for Ashley

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    She never talked about retiring… I don't know if she will do 4 more years per say, but I think she will keep skating as long as she is successful.
    I agree, 4 years is a long time, her results in the next year or so will play a big part in her future decisions and rightly so.

Custom Title
    A big question has to be coaching. John Nicks will be 85 this year. If he finally retires who does Ashley go to? Rafael Arutyunyan is a good technical coach but she will need someone to help polish up her skating.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by flying camel View Post
    She makes it her mission not to let Mirai on the team!

Rinkside
    Mirai's future depends only on Mirai, and if she's willing to work consistently. It does not depend on others, including Ashley.

Custom Title
    This is pretty fantastic news for team USA. I firmly think she can win a Worlds medal (perhaps not this year), and I have a feeling her presence will ensure team USA always has a shot at 3 Worlds spots.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast