Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Four More Years for Wagner

Custom Title
    The thread title made me laugh, like she's been elected to be President for another 4 years.

I say good for her, but I hope she hasn't peaked. She needs to up her technical chops and stop 2 footing her jumps if she wants to stay competitive.

Custom Title
    I think Ashley has about hit her peak as a skater. She will be 23 and i don't know how much better she can get. Gracie on the the other hand has still not come close to her potential and has Frank Carroll in her corner.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I think Ashley has about hit her peak as a skater. She will be 23 and i don't know how much better she can get. Gracie on the the other hand has still not come close to her peak and has Frank Carroll now in her corner.
    Quite frankly we don't know that. Never take your skating career for granted.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by on_the_horizon View Post
    I would love to see Gracie try triple axels and quad toes. With huge height on her jumps and the fast speed on the ice, it shouldn't be too difficult for her.
    Of course it's difficult. Why do you think no one but Mao is doing triple axels and besides Miki Ando no lady had done a quad jump? Besides i think Frank Carroll is going to work on things other then jumps.

I am all for her staying in for another 4 years. She is a very determined young woman, very headstrong, if she commits to 4 years, then she will work hard and continue to push herself.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    She never talked about retiring… I don't know if she will do 4 more years per say, but I think she will keep skating as long as she is successful.
    I agree, 4 years is a long time, her results in the next year or so will play a big part in her future decisions and rightly so.

Custom Title
    A big question has to be coaching. John Nicks will be 85 this year. If he finally retires who does Ashley go to? Rafael Arutyunyan is a good technical coach but she will need someone to help polish up her skating.

Banned
    she'll get a wake up call and retire once Gracie starts beating her in every competition

Custom Title
    Good for Ashley

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by on_the_horizon View Post
    I would love to see Gracie try triple axels and quad toes. With huge height on her jumps and the fast speed on the ice, it shouldn't be too difficult for her.
    I don't think Gracie's axel is at a point where she can attempt triple axels. Her toe loop however has pretty decent height. If she had a speed of rotation of a Lipnitskaia, I could picture her capable of it. Her quads would look similar to Kevin Reynolds... not a ton of height but fast rotation and an upright landing.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    I predict this will (finally) be the first international comp where she is beaten by Gold.
    I think so too. It's a big competition to lose to Gold at, but then again, it's hard to say if Gold can maintain her consistency post-Olympics (I mean, look at Mirai).

In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    And if Gracie outscores her here, being #2 is not terribly shabby. They could go back and forth for quite some time, but it gives us two relatively strong ladies. And we will watch Polina grow into a senior as well!!

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    You people seriously thing 22/23 is old? Seriously?

Butyrskaya? Malinina?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    You people seriously thing 22/23 is old? Seriously?

Butyrskaya? Malinina?
    Skaters like Butyrskaya are the exception not the norm.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Skaters like Butyrskaya are the exception not the norm.
    Not the norm, yes... but there are many many more. Suzuki? Arakawa? Slutskaya?

22/23 being "old" is ridiculous. Look at what Suzuki, Plushenko, and S/S (and S/Z in 2010) have done at their ages.

Kostner was 25 when she won Worlds.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast