No crashing - THANK YOU MODS! | Golden Skate

No crashing - THANK YOU MODS!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I was just thinking of how good yesterdays's Olympic Pairs SP was, and a large part of that was because it is always fun (and sometimes exasperating) to hear everyone chime in with their reactions as it was happening. Which was possible because of the hard work of the mods to keep the board from crashing. So a big hearty thank you for all you do and having such a place (yes I'm getting sentimental--deal with it!).

Y'all :rock:

I echo that. Thanks, Mods, for a much smoother day. I know it must have taken a huge amount of work. You folk are the best! It's so great to be able to share the Olympic experience with buddies (even the cranky ones) around the world.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Thanks for all of your hard work in changing servers and cleaning up alllllll of the spam!!!

SGrand

Final Flight
V bulletin maintenance message keeps coming up for me and I have to keep trying and trying by refreshing and going back and forth. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. Am I doing something wrong here?

CarneAsada

Medalist
The improvement on the new servers is amazing. Many thanks for keeping the site free, clearing up those 1000 spam posts, and for the resolved issues with the site loading!

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Thanks to all the mods and admins and the like for dealing with the server issue, helping us organize the Olympics forum, and banhammering the spambots. You guys are awesome.

emma

Record Breaker
V bulletin maintenance message keeps coming up for me and I have to keep trying and trying by refreshing and going back and forth. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. Am I doing something wrong here?

Although I clear my cache, it wasn't until a shut down my computer and restarted that I stopped getting the v bulletin maintenance message. So, maybe try that?

Thanks to all those who provide this space for us to enjoy skating together - and for all the hard work of getting it all cleaned up and working smoothly!

ranjake

Final Flight
Thank you mods for fixing the board! What a pleasure to be able to watch everyone's posts while watching the Skating :)

Robeye

Final Flight
Thanks, mods! I was going to give up on this board until after the Olympics, but now the site responsiveness is excellent. :)

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
A continued thank you to the mods for smooth running of the site. Haven't had any issues since the server move.

BlackPack

Medalist
Yes, thank you for giving us this forum. Many of us didn't have a place to vent our obscure figure skating woes (no one 'mainstream' will get why we're so down today)

We had more than 1000 people on line all day today, so the new server is doing well (crossed fingers). :)

ETA: The men's short and long program threads together have more than 200,000 views.

Last edited: