Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bode Miller

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    From the Bode fluff, which I was not paying a whole lot of attention to, didn't he meet his wife at the last Olympics, and she was a fellow skiier (I am not sure of the discipline though) In which case, I am not surprised that she's right there.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411icecoverage's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    From the Bode fluff, which I was not paying a whole lot of attention to, didn't he meet his wife at the last Olympics, and she was a fellow skiier (I am not sure of the discipline though) In which case, I am not surprised that she's right there.
    Was not paying much attention to the fluff either, but NBC showed photos of her as a beach volleyball player (or so it seemed to me). FWIW, I did not get the impression that she was a skier??

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    You are probably right..I was cleaning up dinner waiting for the ice dance to come on.

Custom Title

0 Not allowed!
    I'm happy that Miller was able to win another medal! I didn't know he had vision troubles - and that does explain a lot about the differences in his runs at different times of day.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats to Bode! Nice to see two legends like Miller and Plushenko still be able to execute even at their ages.

Also, did anyone see that 41-year old ski jumper from Japan, Noriaki Kasai, who won individual silver?!

Tripping on the Podium rosacotton's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Also, did anyone see that 41-year old ski jumper from Japan, Noriaki Kasai, who won individual silver?!
    That was amazing!!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    FWIW, Bode tweeted this:
    @MillerBode: I appreciate everyone sticking up for me. Please be gentle w christin cooper, it was crazy emotional and not all her fault. #heatofthemoment
    that's fine for him to say, but my point stands... it's tacky journalism in skiing, skating, everywhere... they try to create soundbites instead of just letting them happen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2