H-o-c-k-e-y! Hockey! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

H-o-c-k-e-y! Hockey!

Coco Usagi

Rinkside
Wow Russia lost against the Finns

Why is anyone surprised? Russia lost to the USA, and could not scored against Slovenia for the longest time. Plus the Finnish defense is insanely strong, and a Russian team with no depth would have had the hardest time trying to score.

Now the semifinal match between USA and Canada will be much more interesting: two good teams with the most depth, arguably the best in the world. But if I had to bet who would win that, I will have to bet on the USA, because I think they will want it more.

ARipp42014

Medalist
Why is anyone surprised? Russia lost to the USA, and could not scored against Slovenia for the longest time. Plus the Finnish defense is insanely strong, and a Russian team with no depth would have had the hardest time trying to score.

Now the semifinal match between USA and Canada will be much more interesting: two good teams with the most depth, arguably the best in the world. But if I had to bet who would win that, I will have to bet on the USA, because I think they will want it more.

If I'm Ovechkin, I would take the first flight out of Sochi right now! They're already pointing fingers at him!

Anyway, I'll be happy if any of the 4 win gold (except if Crosby scores the golden goal again).

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Yikes... that was the biggest Russian disappointment since the 5th ring didn't open up in the Opening Ceremony. :p

That won't go unpunished. Somebody get their loved ones and friends out of Russia, asap! :eek:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Yikes... that was the biggest Russian disappointment since the 5th ring didn't open up in the Opening Ceremony. :p

That won't go unpunished. Somebody get their loved ones and friends out of Russia, asap! :eek:

I should be a better person but I'm not and I was totally schadenfreude about Russia, oh pardon me, Ross-yee-aaaa, losing hockey.

And I'm not even a hockey fan.

TMC

Record Breaker
I should be a better person but I'm not and I was totally schadenfreude about Russia, oh pardon me, Ross-yee-aaaa, losing hockey.

And I'm not even a hockey fan.

Me too :laugh:

At the same time, I'm kinda hoping (don't tell my friends) that it'll be a bronze match between Finland and Sweden with Finland winning the medal. Whenever they win gold like in the World Cup 1995 & 2011 people just go waaaay too crazy here for my liking. It gets too uncomfortably nationalistic! A bronze would be a nice small victory :)

Zarya

Rinkside
That was a heart breaker for the US women.:no: They came so close to the gold. Super exciting for the Canadians though, and a nail biter of a game for everyone. So very sad for our US girls, but congrats to Canada for a brilliant comeback. They will talk about this one for years in Canada as one to remember for them.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I'm kinda hoping (don't tell my friends) that it'll be a bronze match between Finland and Sweden with Finland winning the medal. Whenever they win gold like in the World Cup 1995 & 2011 people just go waaaay too crazy here for my liking. It gets too uncomfortably nationalistic! A bronze would be a nice small victory :)

Won't happen... Sweden won over Finland in semi final today... Swedish commentators remarked about empty seats. Even some in the audience shouting Russia! :laugh: Finland will play for bronze against US or Canada. US Canada semifinal just started.

Know what you mean about 'people just go waaaay too crazy'. Fortunately Sweden is a bit crazy about cross country skiing as well, but if Sweden wins hockey gold(like in Lillehammer and Torino) things will be insane over here :laugh: Wonder if hockey is the most popular disciplin at olympics? The last competition on the last day. Always full seats, in Sotji as well???

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I want US for the final against Sweden. Sweden has won over Canada in Lillehammer and Finland in Torino. Now it's time for the United States :biggrin:

Jeremy and Ashley(my favorite US skaters ;)) cheering for US.

Oh nooo.... goal for Canada....

ARipp42014

Medalist
I dunno what's worse: the Ladies Free Skate, the US ladies blowing a 2-0 and losing to Canada, or this? :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

millie

Medalist
Hip hip horay, Canada men's team beat the US 1 to 0 in hockey. Great job guys
Gold in ladies Curling
Gold in ladies hockey
Gold in men's Curling

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
On the positive side for US, we are still in the running to do something no other country has done in the history of the winter Olympics: win at least one medal every single day of the competition.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
On the positive side for US, we are still in the running to do something no other country has done in the history of the winter Olympics: win at least one medal every single day of the competition.

LOL Where do you find those figures and facts which can make your own country look the best?

ARipp42014

Medalist

LOL Where do you find those figures and facts which can make your own country look the best?

True! At least that will make me feel better!

And I really don't hate the Canadians (okay except for Crosby). I just hate it when they beat the Americans.