Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: H-o-c-k-e-y! Hockey!

Canada (or I should say Doughty) wins 2-1 in OT

Obligatory Doughty gif time!
    http://i56.tinypic.com/n16sg5.gif

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    I wish Datsyuk could play for every team. He grew up in Yekaterinburg and learned to play with a group at a local park. Someone brought a bag of skates for all the kids. Pavel got the last pair which happened to be figure skates. He played with those for years and made the change to hockey skates later than anyone else his age. His foundation in skating skills was more that of figure skating than hockey which gave him unique turns and edges in comparison to the rest of the kids. I think that is why he is the most exciting player and arguably the best skater alive(hockey). I've worked with a few NHL players and they always note that he is the smartest and most determined player in the game. Probably the most respected player in the NHL by not only fans but especially the players. I really hope he can get a gold or silver medal.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Go Finland !!!!
    You're no doubt the worst person on this forum. Period. You'll cheer for any countries besides Canada, and I mean ANY COUNTRY. Admit it, in two years time you will forget all about Davis and White in ice dance and say that another team from Russia or Italy or China is "legendary" if they can beat a Canadian team. I don't even know why you're still allowed on this forum.

Since you're a fan of anything Russia, here's my two cents about what I think about the Russian men's hockey team: Russia won't win gold in men's hockey. They have no depth whatsoever besides their first two lines.

Quarterfinals are set:
    Slovenia vs. Sweden (if Kopitar and Co. beat the Swedes, OMG!!!)
    Russia vs. Finland (this will be fun to watch)
    Czech Republic vs. USA (I like Jagr, but I love the Americans more)
    Lavtia vs. Canada (more Doughty goals por favor)

Wow Russia lost against the Finns

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Time for MURICA vs CANADIA!

Your pregame entertainment:

Sweden-Finland edition
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRoj-VEGQ4Q

And US vs. Canada edition (both mens and ladies)
    http://youtu.be/LonKGuS9uuQ (kinda NSFW)

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by ARipp42014 View Post
    Wow Russia lost against the Finns
    Why is anyone surprised? Russia lost to the USA, and could not scored against Slovenia for the longest time. Plus the Finnish defense is insanely strong, and a Russian team with no depth would have had the hardest time trying to score.

Now the semifinal match between USA and Canada will be much more interesting: two good teams with the most depth, arguably the best in the world. But if I had to bet who would win that, I will have to bet on the USA, because I think they will want it more.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Usagi View Post
    Why is anyone surprised? Russia lost to the USA, and could not scored against Slovenia for the longest time. Plus the Finnish defense is insanely strong, and a Russian team with no depth would have had the hardest time trying to score.

Now the semifinal match between USA and Canada will be much more interesting: two good teams with the most depth, arguably the best in the world. But if I had to bet who would win that, I will have to bet on the USA, because I think they will want it more.
    If I'm Ovechkin, I would take the first flight out of Sochi right now! They're already pointing fingers at him!

Anyway, I'll be happy if any of the 4 win gold (except if Crosby scores the golden goal again).

Custom Title
    Yikes... that was the biggest Russian disappointment since the 5th ring didn't open up in the Opening Ceremony.

That won't go unpunished. Somebody get their loved ones and friends out of Russia, asap!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Tuukka Rask, the Bruins goalie,was just excellent for Finland.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Yikes... that was the biggest Russian disappointment since the 5th ring didn't open up in the Opening Ceremony.

That won't go unpunished. Somebody get their loved ones and friends out of Russia, asap!
    I should be a better person but I'm not and I was totally schadenfreude about Russia, oh pardon me, Ross-yee-aaaa, losing hockey.

And I'm not even a hockey fan.

Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    I should be a better person but I'm not and I was totally schadenfreude about Russia, oh pardon me, Ross-yee-aaaa, losing hockey.

And I'm not even a hockey fan.
    Me too

At the same time, I'm kinda hoping (don't tell my friends) that it'll be a bronze match between Finland and Sweden with Finland winning the medal. Whenever they win gold like in the World Cup 1995 & 2011 people just go waaaay too crazy here for my liking. It gets too uncomfortably nationalistic! A bronze would be a nice small victory

Wow craziness in the ladies gold medal game!

Tied and in the middle of OT!

Canada won gold in OT!

There's always the men!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast