Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: H-o-c-k-e-y! Hockey!

Rinkside
    That was a heart breaker for the US women. They came so close to the gold. Super exciting for the Canadians though, and a nail biter of a game for everyone. So very sad for our US girls, but congrats to Canada for a brilliant comeback. They will talk about this one for years in Canada as one to remember for them.

Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    I'm kinda hoping (don't tell my friends) that it'll be a bronze match between Finland and Sweden with Finland winning the medal. Whenever they win gold like in the World Cup 1995 & 2011 people just go waaaay too crazy here for my liking. It gets too uncomfortably nationalistic! A bronze would be a nice small victory
    Won't happen... Sweden won over Finland in semi final today... Swedish commentators remarked about empty seats. Even some in the audience shouting Russia! Finland will play for bronze against US or Canada. US Canada semifinal just started.

Know what you mean about 'people just go waaaay too crazy'. Fortunately Sweden is a bit crazy about cross country skiing as well, but if Sweden wins hockey gold(like in Lillehammer and Torino) things will be insane over here Wonder if hockey is the most popular disciplin at olympics? The last competition on the last day. Always full seats, in Sotji as well???

Watching US vs. Canada, still scoreless!

I want US for the final against Sweden. Sweden has won over Canada in Lillehammer and Finland in Torino. Now it's time for the United States

Jeremy and Ashley(my favorite US skaters ) [URL="http://instagram.com/p/kr9STYm8Bo/#"]cheering for US.[/URL]

Oh nooo.... goal for Canada....

I dunno what's worse: the Ladies Free Skate, the US ladies blowing a 2-0 and losing to Canada, or this?

Custom Title
    Hip hip horay, Canada men's team beat the US 1 to 0 in hockey. Great job guys
    Gold in ladies Curling
    Gold in ladies hockey
    Gold in men's Curling

Custom Title
    On the positive side for US, we are still in the running to do something no other country has done in the history of the winter Olympics: win at least one medal every single day of the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    On the positive side for US, we are still in the running to do something no other country has done in the history of the winter Olympics: win at least one medal every single day of the competition.
    LOL Where do you find those figures and facts which can make your own country look the best?

Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    LOL Where do you find those figures and facts which can make your own country look the best?
    True! At least that will make me feel better!

And I really don't hate the Canadians (okay except for Crosby). I just hate it when they beat the Americans.

Custom Title
    Oh well the Canadians would never beat the States at basketball. lol.

Custom Title
    The US men need to win the match against Finland today and the four men bobsled need to medal tomorrow for the US to medal every day of competition. It would be a cool record to set.

On the Ice
    The US men need to win the match against Finland today and the four men bobsled need to medal tomorrow for the US to medal every day of competition. It would be a cool record to set.
    Your dream just ended with that hockey match. I have no idea what happened but it looked like the US men's hockey team literally gave up after the semi-final game yesterday. That's the only explanation there really is for a 5-0 loss.

Fortunately, they may very well still medal in bobsleigh.

Custom Title
    Yeah. It just would have been a cool record to have. :(

Custom Title
    Go Canada Go....one more

Go Sweden!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast