H-o-c-k-e-y! Hockey! | Golden Skate

H-o-c-k-e-y! Hockey!

ARipp42014

Medalist
Surprised no one started a hockey thread. I love the majority of Team Canada but if Canada wins with a Crosby OT golden gold again, I'm going to throw a massive fit!

I want Ovechkin or Malkin to do that for Russia if Russia wins! Or Parise for USA!

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I have a sentimental attachment to Team Austria because Michael Raffl. AKA Waffles.

ARipp42014

Medalist
I have a sentimental attachment to Team Austria because Michael Raffl. AKA Waffles.

My husband is of Austrian decent so he's kinda partial towards the Austrians, even though 2/3 of the Austrian NHL population plays for the Islanders (not a Vanek fan, Grabner is okay, and Raffl gets a thumbs up for being a Flyer). But we're an anti-Crosby house, so no to Canada unless someone other than Crosby (or Kuntiz... he's guilty by association) scores the golden goal.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
My husband is of Austrian decent so he's kinda partial towards the Austrians, even though 2/3 of the Austrian NHL population plays for the Islanders (not a Vanek fan, Grabner is okay, and Raffl gets a thumbs up for being a Flyer). But we're an anti-Crosby house, so no to Canada unless someone other than Crosby (or Kuntiz... he's guilty by association) scores the golden goal.

Oh Sidney. Lol.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I will admit the only sports I know or even barely watch aside from FS in Winter Olympics are
Hockey, speed skating, and skeleton.

millie

Medalist
Oh Crosby, get that Gold medal so that we can put a picture of you wearing it next to the picture of you and our baby grandson.

ARipp42014

Medalist
Watching the Canada-Austria replay on NBCSN. So Carter got a natural hattie? Why can't he use that for the Kings?

Speaking of Kings playing for Team Canada.... Doughty! :love::love::love:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The U.S. / Russia game was a great, well played game. It was a shame either team had to lose. It was eventually settled by a shootout, since Olympic games are not allowed to end in a tie. The U.S. won.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wish Datsyuk could play for every team. He grew up in Yekaterinburg and learned to play with a group at a local park. Someone brought a bag of skates for all the kids. Pavel got the last pair which happened to be figure skates. He played with those for years and made the change to hockey skates later than anyone else his age. His foundation in skating skills was more that of figure skating than hockey which gave him unique turns and edges in comparison to the rest of the kids. I think that is why he is the most exciting player and arguably the best skater alive(hockey). I've worked with a few NHL players and they always note that he is the smartest and most determined player in the game. Probably the most respected player in the NHL by not only fans but especially the players. I really hope he can get a gold or silver medal.

Coco Usagi

Rinkside
Go Finland !!!!

You're no doubt the worst person on this forum. Period. You'll cheer for any countries besides Canada, and I mean ANY COUNTRY. Admit it, in two years time you will forget all about Davis and White in ice dance and say that another team from Russia or Italy or China is "legendary" if they can beat a Canadian team. I don't even know why you're still allowed on this forum.

Since you're a fan of anything Russia, here's my two cents about what I think about the Russian men's hockey team: Russia won't win gold in men's hockey. They have no depth whatsoever besides their first two lines.

ARipp42014

Medalist
Quarterfinals are set:
Slovenia vs. Sweden (if Kopitar and Co. beat the Swedes, OMG!!!)
Russia vs. Finland (this will be fun to watch)
Czech Republic vs. USA (I like Jagr, but I love the Americans more)
Lavtia vs. Canada (more Doughty goals por favor)