Yulia Lipnitskaya: Olympic Thread | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya: Olympic Thread

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I have a vague, uneasy feeling that Julia L is another Oksana Bauil. Charming, to be sure, but I just don't see her making it through the next quad. I understand the hype around her as the new, best, young thing, but when you look below the surface, to quote Gertrude Stein, "there is no there, there." When you compare her to other phenoms at this age such as Michelle Kwan, Kim, and Asada, she pales in comparison.

I don't think Baiul was simply charming she had a special musical gift that is not seen today. She wsn't just another American princessy type - feminine and graceful. She was an artist from within unlike those who are taught.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
The OP starts attacking Frank for saying the truth. Insanity!
Judges put JL's SS higher than Caro and Mao and that is WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!!!!

Bartek

On the Ice
Obviously - read the post properly.

The only ones making a fuss are other trolls like you, because they have an agenda and are upset that their own favourites are being defeated fair and square.

In my opinion you are a troll. Do you REALLY think that Julia Lipnitskaya should get the same PCS as Mao, Carolina and Yu-Na?? This is sheer nonsense!

If you think that Julia should get the same SS scores as Mao, Carolina or Yu-Na, it means that either you are blind or you don't have any knowledge about the sport. Do you really think she improved that MUCH between Skate Canada and the Europeans/the Olympics? 9-10 points?? That's insane. There is obviously politking going on to help augment Julia's scores.

Mao88

Record Breaker
In my opinion you are a troll. Do you REALLY think that Julia Lipnitskaya should get the same PCS as Mao, Carolina and Yu-Na?? This is sheer nonsense!

If you think that Julia should get the same SS scores as Mao, Carolina or Yu-Na, it means that either you are blind or you don't have any knowledge about the sport. Do you really think she improved that MUCH between Skate Canada and the Europeans/the Olympics? 9-10 points?? That's insane. There is obviously politking going on to help augment Julia's scores.

And vice versa

Your ignorance also extends to the fact that you have not read what I said - a clean Mao and Kim will beat a clean Julia L

Kostners PCS marks have always been inflated, and a clean Kostner can no longer beat a clean Julia L

Seruleane

Final Flight
I don't think Baiul was simply charming she had a special musical gift that is not seen today. She wsn't just another American princessy type - feminine and graceful. She was an artist from within unlike those who are taught.

Exactly. Few skaters were as musical or expressive as Oksana. Oksana and Yulia were both young (and favored heavily) at their first olympics, and very flexible. But that is where their similarities end.

keasus

On the Ice
Exactly. Few skaters were as musical or expressive as Oksana.
She was an artist from within unlike those who are taught.

:no: An artist still needs to have technique, whether it be a dancer, painter, etc. Oksana could project a story, but her technique was mediocre at best, even when she won the OGM.

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I do not think Julia is near any of the top skaters in presentation. Shut off the music and watch Schindler's list. Do the same for Mao, Caro, Juna, Ashley, Gracie. Julia looks and skates like a junior, please do not think she skates with any interpretation.

And the fact is her PCS jumped in one season in a few weeks several points. This is Russia people. No offense to Russian boarders but looks how SLC and Americans loved Russian skaters. Evgeny was gifted in Vancouver. The judging panel clearly will award huge scores to Russians if clean. We have seen this in Team event. They also held up S/S (I loved them-just terrible for bronze.) Did you see every skate by D_Mtowers/Moscovitch? "Hardest lifts in the world). Someone who watched event with me LOVED them and thought they should have had a medal. But Canadians don't get pairs medals in Russia. Payback for 2002. They are wonderful artistic good people but so nationalistic. All those left after plush-unreal.

Julia is overscored. She had a better season than Grace but people it is Sochi, Russia. We will see more of this disgusting scoring. Poor Kovtun, left at home. We all predicted Evgeni's withdrawal after team event. Acting. And I am a Plush fan. Drama Drama Drama.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
And vice versa

Your ignorance also extends to the fact that you have not read what I said - a clean Mao and Kim will beat a clean Julia L

Kostners PCS marks have always been inflated, and a clean Kostner can no longer beat a clean Julia L

You are such a troll it is ridiculous! Do you have any idea what PCS are? Repeating the same idiotic thing doesn't justify her inflated score.

elif

Medalist
I do not think Julia is near any of the top skaters in presentation. Shut off the music and watch Schindler's list. Do the same for Mao, Caro, Juna, Ashley, Gracie. Julia looks and skates like a junior, please do not think she skates with any interpretation.

And the fact is her PCS jumped in one season in a few weeks several points. This is Russia people. No offense to Russian boarders but looks how SLC and Americans loved Russian skaters. Evgeny was gifted in Vancouver. The judging panel clearly will award huge scores to Russians if clean. We have seen this in Team event. They also held up S/S (I loved them-just terrible for bronze. Did you see every skate by D_Mtowers/Moscovitch? "Hardest lofts in the world. Someone who watched event with me LOVED them and thought they should have had a medal. But Canadians don't get pairs medals in Russia. Payback for 2002. They are wonderful artistic good people but so nationalistic. All those left after plush-unreal.

Julia is overscored. She had a better season than Grace but people it is Sochi, Russia. We will see more of this disgusting scoring. Poor Kovtun, left at home. We all predicted Evgeni's withdrawal after team event. Acting. And I am a Plush fan. Drama Drama Drama.

They lost a side by side jump and didn't even win the TES against Savchenko/Szolkowy because of that. I'm not even going to say Pang/Tong.:rolleye:

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Mao88 has a right to his/her opinion. The name calling insulting of fellow posters should stop. Infractions will be next. Mao88 does a lot for the board, and while I totally disagree, he/she is not a troll, and mean insults should be stopped. Please, enough drama on the TV, today.

tikse

Rinkside
Ahh, Frank is at it again, playing mind games with 14-15 year old girls. Disgusting, I say.

Mao88

Record Breaker
You are such a troll it is ridiculous! Do you have any idea what PCS are? Repeating the same idiotic thing doesn't justify her inflated score.

Flattfan - I have lost count of the number of stupid comments you have come out with over the years. Your a pathetic idiot and I have had enough of morons like you. I'm done

EricRohmer

On the Ice
Mao88, if I were a person who is truly upset about fuss over Lipni‘s scores, I would have never created this ‘thread‘ (of this title). Because Carroll‘s opinion is much more powerful than GS users(or trolls)‘ meaningless complaints.
You seem to be in a state of mixed feelings.

delurkingbriefly

Spectator
I am a LONG time lurker on this forum, delurking to show support to Mao88 who has done wonderful things for this forum and to say I am fed up with the behavior on this forum. I remember when coming here was a joy because all of us were FANS of the sport. Not fans of hating on every skater and every one who had something positive to say about a skater.

Mao88 should have known better than to have anything even close to resembling something positive to say about Julia Lipnitskaia on this forum. According to everyone on this forum she isn't capable of tying her skate laces up properly. The amount of hate this poor 15 year old (and others) have received this year has been epic. And now that we come to the Olympics the hate is just obscene.

Robin Cousins stated that Katarina Witt gave the kid a standing ovation and that he would have to if he hadn't been tied up in wires. So apparently she isn't the awful skater that all of you want her to be. Sinead Kerr was also extremely impressed per absoluteskating.com with the kid. I will take the opinion of experts over the 100 pages of hate this board has unleashed. You all hate her. WE GET IT!!!

If we were truly fans of the sport we would be thrilled with the attention that the sport is receiving right now because lets face it the attention in this sport was dead on arrival to the Olympics. Anything that brings positive attention to the sport is great as far as I am concerned. Imagine being a new fan coming to this board trying to share your new found excitement and all you get is hate.

Now I think I have done my job and you will all start hating on me. Mao88 please ignore the haters on the board and please continue to post the wonderful videos that MOST people on this board would not be able to enjoy without you.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Flattfan - I have lost count of the number of stupid comments you have come out with over the years. Your a pathetic idiot and I have had enough of morons like you. I'm done

Like wise. all of your posts in this thread tell a lot about who you are. You are doing a good job discrediting everything you have ever said.