Yulia Lipnitskaya: Olympic Thread | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya: Olympic Thread

jkun

Final Flight
If you seriously think Yulia deserves close to 70 in PCS needs to go watch other 68-70 PCS programs and really THINK about if Yulia's free skate comes close to them in terms of especially in terms of skating skills, transitions, and execution. Performances that come to mind are Mao's FS at 2013 Worlds, Yuna at Worlds 2009 & 2011, Akiko at 2013 WTT. I have no problems with her interpretation and choreography scores because Yulia's Schindler's list packages her very well in terms of concealing flaws and showcasing her innocence and flexibility. But her skating skills being rated over Carolina and Mao I think are especially egregious.. I am hoping the veterans are able to skate light's out next week! So excited

Mao88

Record Breaker
Only her and Adelina's PCS have increased very high in the last two months. Nobody else. Just the two Russian girls. Including Julia, who still has the same deficiencies she had earlier this season.

That's called a fix.

Nonsense. Julia L and Adelina Sotnikova are two of the most improved skaters this season - that's why there scores have improved. Russian fix - how completely ludicrous. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva's scores have completely nosedived. If Julia L and Adelina had performed in the same manner as Liza, so would their scores. The reason why Julia L and Adelina have been forced to up their level is because Russia lost its 3rd spot last season and they knew then that they would be in a fierce competition for the 2 spots with Liza T, Anna Pogorilya and Alena Leonova. There is no mystery about it.

WE know your agenda. But a lot of hot air and crying 'fix' doesn't make it true. As with all the most notorious conspiracy theories that have been completely debunked over the years, yours is just as farcical. Indeed, yours belongs with the silliest of them all - the theory that Prince Philip had Princess Diana murdered.....

Ven

Match Penalty
Russian fix - how completely ludicrous. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva's scores have completely nosedived.

Lol she's not going to the Olympics (in Russia).

Everyone sees what's going on. Now it's up to the fans and media to start getting louder about it, because that's the only way to prevent the cheating.

Currently, the judges at Euros and Olys should be investigated for bribery charges.

Ven

Match Penalty
That was unclear, but makes sense. I thought he was using hyperbole in relation to the team event score

Probably the journalist's fault for not being clear. I don't know for sure but sounds like FC was just talking about her scores in general, including multiple recent events.

Mao88

Record Breaker
Lol she's not going to the Olympics (in Russia).

Obviously - read the post properly.

Everyone sees what's going on. Now it's up to the fans and media to start getting louder about it, because that's the only way to prevent the cheating.

Currently, the judges at Euros and Olys should be investigated for bribery charges.

The only ones making a fuss are other trolls like you, because they have an agenda and are upset that their own favourites are being defeated fair and square.

guanchi

On the Ice
The only one who needs to check their facts is you. Julia thoroughly deserves her PCS marks, whilst your assertion that there is a fix (without any FACTUAL evidence whatsoever) is completely absurd.

All these posters with post counts in double and single digits trotting out the same nonsense. Obviously the same troll. WE all know what the game is. You think by moaning about Julia L's PCS scores all over the place enough times (with trolls using multiple pseudonyms), you think you can talk them down. Dream on. But then again, the words rational and objective don't pertain to trolls.

I'm a Mao fan and I hope Mao finally win's the Olympic title that she would most likely have won back in 2006 had she not been prevented from competing in those Olympics. However, if Julia wins, I won't be whinging about it like some people obviously will be.

It probably upsets you that Mao may have lost some momentum after the team event, and that she's being overshadowed by Yuna and Julia, that her 3a's that she's been hitting in practice may not materialize in competition, that she might not even podium. But you seem to live with some delusion that Mao would've won in 2006 if eligible, tho Cohen, Arakawa, and Slute were more assured then of a gold (heck look at Sasha with 2 huge mistakes still getting silver). It probably pains you that Yuna might repeat as gold medalist, so you, as an ABY (Anyone but Yuna) uber would love it if Julia spoilt a possible repeat. This is why you're getting so emotional about this- I understand.
Still, Frank's points stand- Julia's components have risen quite noticeably and she did receive 10's at euros, which is remarkable given her skating skills compared to Caro and Adelina. But I'm sure it'll give you a huge grin if she wins the ladies, even if it means mao doesn't podium. A true mark of an ABY.

yuki90

On the Ice
Obviously - read the post properly.

The only ones making a fuss are other trolls like you, because they have an agenda and are upset that their own favourites are being defeated fair and square.

In my opinion, you are a troll.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Nonsense. Julia L and Adelina Sotnikova are two of the most improved skaters this season - that's why there scores have improved. Russian fix - how completely ludicrous. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva's scores have completely nosedived. If Julia L and Adelina had performed in the same manner as Liza, so would their scores. The reason why Julia L and Adelina have been forced to up their level is because Russia lost its 3rd spot last season and they knew then that they would be in a fierce competition for the 2 spots with Liza T, Anna Pogorilya and Alena Leonova. There is no mystery about it.

Julia's PCS for her clean skate at Skate Canada was 60.88. Her PCS for the same program in Sochi was 69.82. There are no differences between the two performances that justify a 9 point bump in PCS.

vegarin

On the Ice
Mao88, do you really think Julia deserves the PCS Yuna, Caro and Mao get (which they've reached after at least eight years of skating), right now, based on the team skate? Yes or no?

yuki90

On the Ice
Julia's PCS for her clean skate at Skate Canada was 60.88. Her PCS for the same program in Sochi was 69.82. There are no differences between the two performances that justify a 9 point bump in PCS.

Mao88 thinks Julia deserves higher SS score than Caro and Mao. totally insane.

Mao88

Record Breaker
It probably upsets you that Mao may have lost some momentum after the team event, and that she's being overshadowed by Yuna and Julia, that her 3a's that she's been hitting in practice may not materialize in competition, that she might not even podium. But you seem to live with some delusion that Mao would've won in 2006 if eligible, tho Cohen, Arakawa, and Slute were more assured then of a gold (heck look at Sasha with 2 huge mistakes still getting silver). It probably pains you that Yuna might repeat as gold medalist, so you, as an ABY (Anyone but Yuna) uber would love it if Julia spoilt a possible repeat. This is why you're getting so emotional about this- I understand.
Still, Frank's points stand- Julia's components have risen quite noticeably and she did receive 10's at euros, which is remarkable given her skating skills compared to Caro and Adelina. But I'm sure it'll give you a huge grin if she wins the ladies, even if it means mao doesn't podium. A true mark of an ABY.

Unlike fanatics like you - I would have no problem with any one skater winning as I am a firm believer in the principal of may the skater with the best performance win.

I can however fully understand why Kim fanatics like you would be worried by Julia L's recent performances and why your talking them down.

It's people like you - bigoted presumptious fanatics with agenda's that are really spoiling this board. Makes me wonder why I waste my time.

guanchi

On the Ice
Unlike fanatics like you - I would have no problem with any one skater winning as I am a firm believer in the principal of may the skater with the best performance win.

I can however fully understand why Kim fanatics like you would be worried by Julia L's recent performances and why your talking them down.

It's people like you - bigoted presumptious fanatics with agenda's that are really spoiling this board. Makes me wonder why I waste my time.

Don't leave Mao- it's your duty to keep uploading vids. Be a good dutiful poster and tame your emotions. We look forward to your uploads, not your opinions.

Ven

Match Penalty

Why are you worried about Kim fanatics. There are many other skaters who deserve for the scoring to be fair. Mao and Caro should not be receiving lower components scores than Julia by some judges. Suzuki and others in some of the categories too.

I think you've gone insane since Mao lost the team SP. Maybe you thought if you can't beat 'em, might as well join 'em?

Mao88

Record Breaker
Why are you worried about Kim fanatics.

Me worried about Kim fanatics! I'm a Mao fan - I've listened to so much nonsense from them down the years, I've long since stopped taking them seriously!

There are many other skaters who deserve for the scoring to be fair. Mao and Caro should not be receiving lower components scores than Julia by some judges. Suzuki and others in some of the categories too.

I think you've gone insane since Mao lost the team SP. Maybe you thought if you can't beat 'em, might as well join 'em?

I've been a Mao fan a long time and have grown used to her inconsistencies. The plain fact of the matter is that if Mao skates clean - there is only one skater who can beat her - Kim. Hence, if Kim makes a mistake - Mao will win the Olympic title.

However much Julia L has improved - she cannot beat a clean Mao and Kim. Nevertheless, Julia L is the 3rd favourite - a clean Caro can no longer beat her.

Dont feed this troll.

You mean, don't feed yourself

Mao88 thinks Julia deserves higher SS score than Caro and Mao. totally insane.

And exactly when did I say that Julia L deserved higher SS scores than a clean Mao? A clean Mao will get higher SS scores than Julia L

A clean Caro can no longer beat a clean Julia L