Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Yulia Lipnitskaya: Olympic Thread

Custom Title
    ^I read in an article with BOrser where he discussed how each skater has a different approach to practicing; Sometimes if you go through the entire LP in practices, you risk exhausting yourself for the actual event. He mentioned that Javier doesn't do full run-throughs of his program and just concentrates on elements.

Quote Originally Posted by lunamoon View Post
    He agreed with the results; I detected honesty, not bitterness. I like Yulia, but a person has a right to an opinion; we know Frank has way more personal experience to base it on than you.

Tripping on the Podium
    I just don't see where there is an 8 point difference between yulia and gracie in pcs??? I find russian skaters are consistently overmarked. I don't understand it. There is no denying that there are great russian skaters, especially in pairs, and they can land jumps, but plushy getting the pcs he does??? I would take off 5 points just for the tacky blowing kisses and hip gyrations, oy vey. I really do not understand it. Yulia is not tacky like plushy but I do not see the artistry scores she is getting.

As for what Frank says about run throughs, he is right. I see Yulia and Gracie skating clean programs, if they are skating clean in practice. Yulia also has the advantage of going back to Moscow to practice and having more time on the ice, versus everyone else who has to share the ice in Sochi. I do not know if Yuna is running through her programs cleanly in practice, something she was doing in vancouver practice. Yuna had the foot injury and I am not sure she is as prepared as she was before. I still think she is better than Yulia and Gracie even with a fall, as Yuna's jumps are higher, faster, and cover more ice, but how prepared is she.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ginal View Post
    I just don't see where there is an 8 point difference between yulia and gracie in pcs??? I find russian skaters are consistently overmarked. I don't understand it. There is no denying that there are great russian skaters, especially in pairs, and they can land jumps, but plushy getting the pcs he does??? I would take off 5 points just for the tacky blowing kisses and hip gyrations, oy vey. I really do not understand it. Yulia is not tacky like plushy but I do not see the artistry scores she is getting.

As for what Frank says about run throughs, he is right. I see Yulia and Gracie skating clean programs, if they are skating clean in practice. Yulia also has the advantage of going back to Moscow to practice and having more time on the ice, versus everyone else who has to share the ice in Sochi. I do not know if Yuna is running through her programs cleanly in practice, something she was doing in vancouver practice. Yuna had the foot injury and I am not sure she is as prepared as she was before. I still think she is better than Yulia and Gracie even with a fall, as Yuna's jumps are higher, faster, and cover more ice, but how prepared is she.
    Not everyone agrees with you that hip gyrations and blowing kisses should be banned air aren't legitimate. So because plushenko moved his hips and blew kisses during the choreo of his programs Julia should get low scores? What is your problem with taking a second to blow a kiss or moving your hips in a program. That's just your opinion that those moves are beneath skating or should be banned but to say Julia should be punished for plushenko moving his hips is crazy.

Custom Title
    It's disgusting how he keeps calling lipnitskaia "this little girl" he's bitter and Awful.

Tripping on the Podium

I did not suggest to ban those moves

Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Not everyone agrees with you that hip gyrations and blowing kisses should be banned air aren't legitimate. So because plushenko moved his hips and blew kisses during the choreo of his programs Julia should get low scores? What is your problem with taking a second to blow a kiss or moving your hips in a program. That's just your opinion that those moves are beneath skating or should be banned but to say Julia should be punished for plushenko moving his hips is crazy.
    But I am in favor of banning those moves. I would also ban really bad costumes.

Custom Title
    It's disgusting how he keeps calling lipnitskaia "this little girl" he's bitter and Awful.
    She's 15 and petite.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    She's 15 and petite.
    That's not what he means. He's doing his anti Lipinski spiel again.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ginal View Post
    As for what Frank says about run throughs, he is right. I see Yulia and Gracie skating clean programs, if they are skating clean in practice. Yulia also has the advantage of going back to Moscow to practice and having more time on the ice, versus everyone else who has to share the ice in Sochi. I do not know if Yuna is running through her programs cleanly in practice, something she was doing in vancouver practice.
    From what I've heard/read on these boards most of the top level skaters spent the past week in different towns or countries to train. The only big name I heard practicing in Sochi this week was Yuna.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cjsk8fan View Post
    One could argue that Yulia had a disconnect between elements also. Infact, I thought Yulia had more of a disconnect than Gracie.
    Except most commentators have disagreed with this and.... apparently the judges don't feel Julia was disconnected from her moves/music.

Quote Originally Posted by Amei View Post
    From what I've heard/read on these boards most of the top level skaters spent the past week in different towns or countries to train. The only big name I heard practicing in Sochi this week was Yuna.
    So the only show in town for practices recently was Yuna? Good. I hope the judges were watching. She's had several clean run-through's already.

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    New article in which Frank Carroll criticises Julia Lipnitskaya's PCS scores:-

Disgraceful comments by Frank Carroll. This is blatant politicking, as it would suit both him and Gracie Gold absolutely fine if the judges started reducing Julia Lipnitskaya's PCS scores.
    You say it like the judges will just hear Frank and do as he says. LOL!

He has every right to state his opinions, politicking or not! Not to mention many share his opinions. Lipnitskaya's PCS is absolutely ridiculous.

I do not know if Yuna is running through her programs cleanly in practice, something she was doing in vancouver practice.
    She's been knocking them out of the park, clean, for both SP and Free, in practice. We'll have to wait and see if she can repeat.

Banned
    He may have trouble in pronouncing "Lipnitskaia", which is exactly , even in writing, why I refer her as "Julia" too. His remarks seem to me a lot nicer than my anti-Putin tirade.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    @Isabel O'reilly

I don't understand why people say such negative things. I think while Yulia is still underdeveloped in a few areas, to me a least, she is over developed in others. I actually feel excited(my heart races)to watch her skate and no matter what she places ill just be happy to watch her skate. I feel she has risen to her top form in spite of her critics and shortcomings. In the words of Gracie Gold...that girl may not have a spine but she has nerves of steel
    Quite right.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast