Thread: Yulia Lipnitskaya: Olympic Thread

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    source and proof ?
    what a hypocrite, thats like saying V/M got a fix and won silver instead

Im sure the paycheck is all saved
    for Skate Canada International
    aka the most corrupted Grand Prix
    Shouldn't you be spending your time doing better things than bash Skate Canada?

Maybe you should write a letter whining to the judges saying they should have given greater PCS points to Gracie's Hollywood looks so that she wasn't given the 8th best PCS?

And also in that letter, you should also complain that Wagner's PCS was higher than Julia's and Gold's instead of lower as you predicted?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Shouldn't you be spending your time doing better things than bash Skate Canada?

Maybe you should write a letter whining to the judges saying they should have given greater PCS points to Gracie's Hollywood looks so that she wasn't given the 8th best PCS?

And also in that letter, you should also complain that Wagner's PCS was higher than Julia's and Gold's instead of lower as you predicted?
    it wont matter in the FS
    I agree, I will send a letter to Skate Canada
    but alas goes to their junk mail

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    it wont matter in the FS
    I agree, I will send a letter to Skate Canada
    but alas goes to their junk mail
    Well, yes. When you write junk, it goes to junk mail.

Wagner skated very well except for missing the triple-triple. She deserved slightly higher PCSs than Gracie this time.

Custom Title
    Yet again, the judges went overboard with her PCS scores. 33.08 with a fall vs. 33.51 clean in the team SP 31.91 for a clean Euros SP.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Smith View Post
    So, is giving a high score to Russians the judges' "purely voluntary" appreciation to Russia's hosting the Games?
    Plus Russia fell out of Hockey medal contention today Just kidding. I like these Russian games, I actually ordered a Matryoshka (sp?) Doll- I just don't get this scoring today and because it's the Olympcs, it makes me a little sad.

Custom Title
    Ridiculous and absurd thread of extreme trolling.

Custom Title
    If no one is going to say fall means nothing more than 5 what can be done? If no one is going to say if a skater is 15 they can't get over 5 in PCS what can be done?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTriple View Post
    His remarks seem to me a lot nicer than my anti-Putin tirade.
    Julia is a teenaged skater whose only crime is being scored generously by the judges, something that is entirely beyond her control.

Putin, on the other hand, is a thuggish dictator who oversees a repressive state where homophobia is encouraged, journalists are assassinated and any effective form of opposition is crushed.

Vladimir Putin deserves every bit of our contempt. Julia Lipnitskaya, on the other hand, does not.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    To me, the scoring was OK except for all the +3 and +2 GOEs that Adelina raked in. Her elements were fine, but not better than Yuna's.

Julia benefitted from being a pre-event gold medal contender. Even with the fall they didn't mark her down much from where they expected her to be.

Gracie's marks were OK, a little on the generous side if anything, IMHO.

Kostner was magnificent. I have no problem with her being up there alongside Kim.
    ^ this. Though I have to admit I was happy to see Gracie score what she did. Kostner should be really proud of her sp!

Custom Title
    Geeze calling someone currupt could get you sued. Or this board

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ranjake View Post
    Plus Russia fell out of Hockey medal contention today Just kidding. I like these Russian games, I actually ordered a Matryoshka (sp?) Doll- I just don't get this scoring today and because it's the Olympcs, it makes me a little sad.
    Yikes, I saw that.... I fear for their families.

Medalist
    Yeah there wasn't any Russian judges. But still, the scores were inflated for both russian skaters, 65 with a fall/higher goe and pcs than Caro and Yuna-the scores for russians were generous, nobody can deny that.

Custom Title
    Just saw it. I liked Adelina, but she should not have been that high. I expected Julia to be held up, since she's unstoppable, but the judging system continues to be very flawed when it comes to deductions. Her very visible error counted for less than Ashley's less obvious error, it seems.

Overall, though, a great competition. What a heartbreaker for Mao, though.

Banned
    Thanks God she fell. She has absolute no skating skills, almost being stuck in those footwork sections. Not to mention those ugly tiny little jumps which have no chance to pass the test of puberty monster.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast