Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Yulia Lipnitskaya: Olympic Thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    He told his opinion, shared by many... but it was a lie when he mentioned the 10's.
    She received 10s at Euros. That was the indication the fix was in and this was getting out of control.

You might want to check your facts before calling Frank Carroll a liar.

Custom Title

I see no lies. Julia was overscored for what she did in both the short program and the free program in the team event. She deserved to be first in both segments, IMO, but not by the margin she got in PCS. I also don't understand how her flutz doesn't get negative GOE every time she does it. Frank's comments were on point and appropriate.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinA View Post
    His point is that Chan is a mature skater and has the finer points that go into PCS down, while Julia does not.
    What he fails to realize is that Chan gets these scores even when he falls, but Julia is generally clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    She received 10s at Euros. That was the indication the fix was in and this was getting out of control.

You might want to check your facts before calling Frank Carroll a liar.
    The only one who needs to check their facts is you. Julia thoroughly deserves her PCS marks, whilst your assertion that there is a fix (without any FACTUAL evidence whatsoever) is completely absurd.

All these posters with post counts in double and single digits trotting out the same nonsense. Obviously the same troll. WE all know what the game is. You think by moaning about Julia L's PCS scores all over the place enough times (with trolls using multiple pseudonyms), you think you can talk them down. Dream on. But then again, the words rational and objective don't pertain to trolls.

I'm a Mao fan and I hope Mao finally win's the Olympic title that she would most likely have won back in 2006 had she not been prevented from competing in those Olympics. However, if Julia wins, I won't be whinging about it like some people obviously will be.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by volk View Post
    What he fails to realize is that Chan gets these scores even when he falls, but Julia is generally clean.
    Carroll is no strict judge, and he does accept certain margins. However, there are certain ranges of tolerance: Chan is still one of the top PCS skaters boosted, and Julia is one of the lesser PCS skaters marked as top.

On the Ice
    Her psc and technique score is too high for her, especially in this season.
    She has a great flexibility but that's it..She doesn't have any facial expression while she skate.
    There is no connection between her jump and routine. She also has a wrong edge problem..
    She is very young and talent skater but she is not there yet...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by keasus View Post
    I have a vague, uneasy feeling that Julia L is another Oksana Bauil. Charming, to be sure, but I just don't see her making it through the next quad. I understand the hype around her as the new, best, young thing, but when you look below the surface, to quote Gertrude Stein, "there is no there, there." When you compare her to other phenoms at this age such as Michelle Kwan, Kim, and Asada, she pales in comparison.
    Baiul was a much better all-around skater (jumps aside) than Kwan, Asada, or Yuna at age 15/16. Oksana's career may have been short but it was not due to lack of talent.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    The only one who needs to check their facts is you. Julia thoroughly deserves her PCS marks, whilst your assertion that there is a fix (without any FACTUAL evidence whatsoever) is completely absurd.
    I'm not sure there is a "fix", but I do think her PCS is too high. Julia has had the same deficiencies she has had all season: she is slower, has much smaller jumps, and has less connection to her music relative to Mao, Yuna, and Caro. She isn't "slow" and her jumps aren't "small" compared to the average skater, but she isn't getting GOE and PCS of the average skater. The judges are marking her on par with the top three and relative to them her deficiencies are very obvious. I think this is what bothers some of us.

Custom Title
    Completely agree with him. Some of judges gave higher SS to Julia than Mao and Caro.
    Julia's PCS is 9 point higher than Gracie. This is ridiculous.
    and Philip Hersh said Julia is overscored too.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    I'm not sure there is a "fix", but I do think her PCS is too high. Julia has had the same deficiencies she has had all season: she is slower, has much smaller jumps, and has less connection to her music relative to Mao, Yuna, and Caro. She isn't "slow" and her jumps aren't "small" compared to the average skater, but she isn't getting GOE and PCS of the average skater. The judges are marking her on par with the top three and relative to them her deficiencies are very obvious. I think this is what bothers some of us.
    Only her and Adelina's PCS have increased very high in the last two months. Nobody else. Just the two Russian girls. Including Julia, who still has the same deficiencies she had earlier this season.

That's called a fix.

Custom Title
    If you seriously think Yulia deserves close to 70 in PCS needs to go watch other 68-70 PCS programs and really THINK about if Yulia's free skate comes close to them in terms of especially in terms of skating skills, transitions, and execution. Performances that come to mind are Mao's FS at 2013 Worlds, Yuna at Worlds 2009 & 2011, Akiko at 2013 WTT. I have no problems with her interpretation and choreography scores because Yulia's Schindler's list packages her very well in terms of concealing flaws and showcasing her innocence and flexibility. But her skating skills being rated over Carolina and Mao I think are especially egregious.. I am hoping the veterans are able to skate light's out next week! So excited

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    He told his opinion, shared by many... but it was a lie when he mentioned the 10's.
    I would say his comment was more hyperbole than lie

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    I would say his comment was more hyperbole than lie
    She had a 10 at Euros and that's what FC was referring to.

Only her and Adelina's PCS have increased very high in the last two months. Nobody else. Just the two Russian girls. Including Julia, who still has the same deficiencies she had earlier this season.

That's called a fix.
    Nonsense. Julia L and Adelina Sotnikova are two of the most improved skaters this season - that's why there scores have improved. Russian fix - how completely ludicrous. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva's scores have completely nosedived. If Julia L and Adelina had performed in the same manner as Liza, so would their scores. The reason why Julia L and Adelina have been forced to up their level is because Russia lost its 3rd spot last season and they knew then that they would be in a fierce competition for the 2 spots with Liza T, Anna Pogorilya and Alena Leonova. There is no mystery about it.

WE know your agenda. But a lot of hot air and crying 'fix' doesn't make it true. As with all the most notorious conspiracy theories that have been completely debunked over the years, yours is just as farcical. Indeed, yours belongs with the silliest of them all - the theory that Prince Philip had Princess Diana murdered.....

She had a 10 at Euros and that's what FC was referring to.
    That was unclear, but makes sense. I thought he was using hyperbole in relation to the team event score

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast