Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Yulia Lipnitskaya: Olympic Thread

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by keasus View Post
    I have a vague, uneasy feeling that Julia L is another Oksana Bauil. Charming, to be sure, but I just don't see her making it through the next quad. I understand the hype around her as the new, best, young thing, but when you look below the surface, to quote Gertrude Stein, "there is no there, there." When you compare her to other phenoms at this age such as Michelle Kwan, Kim, and Asada, she pales in comparison.
    I don't think Baiul was simply charming she had a special musical gift that is not seen today. She wsn't just another American princessy type - feminine and graceful. She was an artist from within unlike those who are taught.

To me, Julia is more like Tara Lipinski than Oksana Baiul.

Custom Title
    The OP starts attacking Frank for saying the truth. Insanity!
    Judges put JL's SS higher than Caro and Mao and that is WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by guanchi View Post
    Why thank you- it's one thing to be called a troll, but cheeky?! How charming!
    Yes, cheeky. My duty to produce video lists? Excuse me, no

Custom Title
    If Julia deserves 69, YuNa and Mao should recieve +76.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    Obviously - read the post properly.

The only ones making a fuss are other trolls like you, because they have an agenda and are upset that their own favourites are being defeated fair and square.
    In my opinion you are a troll. Do you REALLY think that Julia Lipnitskaya should get the same PCS as Mao, Carolina and Yu-Na?? This is sheer nonsense!

If you think that Julia should get the same SS scores as Mao, Carolina or Yu-Na, it means that either you are blind or you don't have any knowledge about the sport. Do you really think she improved that MUCH between Skate Canada and the Europeans/the Olympics? 9-10 points?? That's insane. There is obviously politking going on to help augment Julia's scores.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartek View Post
    In my opinion you are a troll. Do you REALLY think that Julia Lipnitskaya should get the same PCS as Mao, Carolina and Yu-Na?? This is sheer nonsense!

If you think that Julia should get the same SS scores as Mao, Carolina or Yu-Na, it means that either you are blind or you don't have any knowledge about the sport. Do you really think she improved that MUCH between Skate Canada and the Europeans/the Olympics? 9-10 points?? That's insane. There is obviously politking going on to help augment Julia's scores.
    And vice versa

Your ignorance also extends to the fact that you have not read what I said - a clean Mao and Kim will beat a clean Julia L

Kostners PCS marks have always been inflated, and a clean Kostner can no longer beat a clean Julia L

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    I don't think Baiul was simply charming she had a special musical gift that is not seen today. She wsn't just another American princessy type - feminine and graceful. She was an artist from within unlike those who are taught.
    Exactly. Few skaters were as musical or expressive as Oksana. Oksana and Yulia were both young (and favored heavily) at their first olympics, and very flexible. But that is where their similarities end.

Rinkside
    [QUOTE=Seruleane;851054]Exactly. Few skaters were as musical or expressive as Oksana.
    She was an artist from within unlike those who are taught.

An artist still needs to have technique, whether it be a dancer, painter, etc. Oksana could project a story, but her technique was mediocre at best, even when she won the OGM.

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

I do not think Julia is near any of the top skaters in presentation. Shut off the music and watch Schindler's list. Do the same for Mao, Caro, Juna, Ashley, Gracie. Julia looks and skates like a junior, please do not think she skates with any interpretation.

And the fact is her PCS jumped in one season in a few weeks several points. This is Russia people. No offense to Russian boarders but looks how SLC and Americans loved Russian skaters. Evgeny was gifted in Vancouver. The judging panel clearly will award huge scores to Russians if clean. We have seen this in Team event. They also held up S/S (I loved them-just terrible for bronze.) Did you see every skate by D_Mtowers/Moscovitch? "Hardest lifts in the world). Someone who watched event with me LOVED them and thought they should have had a medal. But Canadians don't get pairs medals in Russia. Payback for 2002. They are wonderful artistic good people but so nationalistic. All those left after plush-unreal.

Julia is overscored. She had a better season than Grace but people it is Sochi, Russia. We will see more of this disgusting scoring. Poor Kovtun, left at home. We all predicted Evgeni's withdrawal after team event. Acting. And I am a Plush fan. Drama Drama Drama.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    And vice versa

Your ignorance also extends to the fact that you have not read what I said - a clean Mao and Kim will beat a clean Julia L

Kostners PCS marks have always been inflated, and a clean Kostner can no longer beat a clean Julia L
    You are such a troll it is ridiculous! Do you have any idea what PCS are? Repeating the same idiotic thing doesn't justify her inflated score.

Custom Title
    It seems like he's only attacks Russian skaters scoring.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    I do not think Julia is near any of the top skaters in presentation. Shut off the music and watch Schindler's list. Do the same for Mao, Caro, Juna, Ashley, Gracie. Julia looks and skates like a junior, please do not think she skates with any interpretation.

And the fact is her PCS jumped in one season in a few weeks several points. This is Russia people. No offense to Russian boarders but looks how SLC and Americans loved Russian skaters. Evgeny was gifted in Vancouver. The judging panel clearly will award huge scores to Russians if clean. We have seen this in Team event. They also held up S/S (I loved them-just terrible for bronze. Did you see every skate by D_Mtowers/Moscovitch? "Hardest lofts in the world. Someone who watched event with me LOVED them and thought they should have had a medal. But Canadians don't get pairs medals in Russia. Payback for 2002. They are wonderful artistic good people but so nationalistic. All those left after plush-unreal.

Julia is overscored. She had a better season than Grace but people it is Sochi, Russia. We will see more of this disgusting scoring. Poor Kovtun, left at home. We all predicted Evgeni's withdrawal after team event. Acting. And I am a Plush fan. Drama Drama Drama.
    They lost a side by side jump and didn't even win the TES against Savchenko/Szolkowy because of that. I'm not even going to say Pang/Tong.

Mao88 has a right to his/her opinion. The name calling insulting of fellow posters should stop. Infractions will be next. Mao88 does a lot for the board, and while I totally disagree, he/she is not a troll, and mean insults should be stopped. Please, enough drama on the TV, today.

Rinkside
    Ahh, Frank is at it again, playing mind games with 14-15 year old girls. Disgusting, I say.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast