Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Yulia Lipnitskaya: Olympic Thread

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    You are such a troll it is ridiculous! Do you have any idea what PCS are? Repeating the same idiotic thing doesn't justify her inflated score.
    Flattfan - I have lost count of the number of stupid comments you have come out with over the years. Your a pathetic idiot and I have had enough of morons like you. I'm done

Mao88, if I were a person who is truly upset about fuss over Lipni‘s scores, I would have never created this ‘thread‘ (of this title). Because Carroll‘s opinion is much more powerful than GS users(or trolls)‘ meaningless complaints.
    You seem to be in a state of mixed feelings.

I don't think the Olympic judges really care what Frank Carroll says.

Rinkside
    I am a LONG time lurker on this forum, delurking to show support to Mao88 who has done wonderful things for this forum and to say I am fed up with the behavior on this forum. I remember when coming here was a joy because all of us were FANS of the sport. Not fans of hating on every skater and every one who had something positive to say about a skater.

Mao88 should have known better than to have anything even close to resembling something positive to say about Julia Lipnitskaia on this forum. According to everyone on this forum she isn't capable of tying her skate laces up properly. The amount of hate this poor 15 year old (and others) have received this year has been epic. And now that we come to the Olympics the hate is just obscene.

Robin Cousins stated that Katarina Witt gave the kid a standing ovation and that he would have to if he hadn't been tied up in wires. So apparently she isn't the awful skater that all of you want her to be. Sinead Kerr was also extremely impressed per absoluteskating.com with the kid. I will take the opinion of experts over the 100 pages of hate this board has unleashed. You all hate her. WE GET IT!!!

If we were truly fans of the sport we would be thrilled with the attention that the sport is receiving right now because lets face it the attention in this sport was dead on arrival to the Olympics. Anything that brings positive attention to the sport is great as far as I am concerned. Imagine being a new fan coming to this board trying to share your new found excitement and all you get is hate.

Now I think I have done my job and you will all start hating on me. Mao88 please ignore the haters on the board and please continue to post the wonderful videos that MOST people on this board would not be able to enjoy without you.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    Flattfan - I have lost count of the number of stupid comments you have come out with over the years. Your a pathetic idiot and I have had enough of morons like you. I'm done
    Like wise. all of your posts in this thread tell a lot about who you are. You are doing a good job discrediting everything you have ever said.

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Like wise. all of your posts in this thread tell a lot about who you are. You are doing a good job discrediting everything you have ever said.
    I agree.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by delurkingbriefly View Post
    You all hate her. WE GET IT!!!
    Well isn't that extreme.

I don't think anyone hates her. Most don't like (or hate if you prefer that word) the inflated scores she's been receiving, but that's on the JUDGES, not her.

Custom Title
    Oh honestly, who cares. We know that in Russia the Russians' scores would be higher than usual, and any potential competitors to them will be held down. Just let the Olympics Russiophilia ride out and hope skaters to put out good performances and hope placements are correct, even if the scores are ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by jcsamex View Post
    I understand what he implies but then again, the thing with Lipnitskaia's programs this season ( specially her LP) is that they're spectacularly tailored to disguise her weaknesses and portray her strenghts. In other words ( and aside I do think her PCS are somewhat higher than they should be), she skates her programs in the absolute greatest fashion a fifteen year old girl would possibly do (that I've seen anyway). If the skating world or coaches like Caroll aren't ready for another Tara to take gold at the Olympics, then the ISU shouldn't allow skaters under certain age to compete at such level so women over 20, 'mature skaters', win even if they're no longer at the top of their games technically speaking.

On the other hand, I think Mr. Caroll conveniently overlooks his pupil's PCS were considerably higher they should've been as she went through her program going from jumping pass to another, hitting stiff positions and looking pretty while skating slower than she had before. I have nothing against Gracie Gold, but her skating at this moment seems a little robotic to me ( though I do hope she becomes an artist in the future).

Having said that, I think this competition should be Kim's if she skates cleanly.
    Both the World Championships and the Olympics should set a minimum age of 18. After all, this is LADIES figure skating not "girls"

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sgsmozart View Post
    Both the World Championships and the Olympics should set a minimum age of 18.

Custom Title
    As long as judging is fair, you're all welcome to join.
    The younger girls have the rotation and the fearlessness advantage over the older girls.
    The older girls have the experience and the maturity and years of improving PCS over the younger girls.

The problem is this Julia girl is getting ridiculous PCS that no one in the history of the sport had ever gotten. Her rise is meteoric and no one can say with a straight face that her SS was better than Mao, Yuna, Carolina got a year ago, and took them 8 years to get to that level.

Her flaws are completely overlooked. Hello!!!! What the [color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color] is all that doodling?

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    New [URL="http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2014/02/10/67619362/borscht-belts-shpilband-scoffs-at-collusion-talk"]article[/URL] in which Frank Carroll criticises Julia Lipnitskaya's PCS scores:-

Disgraceful comments by Frank Carroll. This is blatant politicking, as it would suit both him and Gracie Gold absolutely fine if the judges started reducing Julia Lipnitskaya's PCS scores. Carroll should just get over it - Julia L is just a much better skater than Gracie Gold, and thoroughly deserved the PCS scores she received in the team event and at Europeans. The performances she has produced in relation to her Schindler's List free program have been stunning - artistry, expression, musicality, grace, elegance - the full package. The skater whose PCS scores looked a bit inflated, if anybodies were - were Gracie Golds. But was Frank criticising his own skaters scores? Of course not.

Frank Carroll's comments were completely irresponsible. He is the coach of another competitor who has a responsibility to keep his own thoughts to himself. To criticise another competitors scores before an upcoming competition is simply not on when they have a vested interest in the outcome. His comments can be construed as nothing other than blatant politicking - an attempt to talk down a competitors scores. I hope the Russian team lodge a full complaint with the ISU, as coaches should not be allowed to make remarks like this before such an important competition

For the record, Julia L received no 10's for her PCS scores.... Did not even get that right!
    what are you talking about? carroll is right on. lipnitskaya's pcs are being completely inflated at the games. she's skating the exact same way as in skate canada where her components where much lower and suited to her type of skating. wake up.

Mao88 definitly is not a troll. Although Mao88 , your arguments are weird, SS are not about to be clean or not, the skater has good ss or not it is independent. And what about she getting higher scores in her triples than Gracie?, especially Julia with flutz, but ok even if she could have a real lutz , gracie 3-3 is better. I am not a gracie fan, I am a Mao fan and believe me in some moment I thought it would be great anyone winning gold medal but Yuna (because her fans) but not now, not like this, Julia scores are ridiculous. And you can not believe that really everyone in the forum hate her and are unfair toward her, the complaints are becausd the problem is real, something is not good about judging at Sochi.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    She had a 10 at Euros and that's what FC was referring to.
    What people are failing to see is that she hasn't given static performances, even if all of the programs other than COR were "technically" clean(meaning she didn't fall). And no matter what she has never received even a 9.5 until one single mark at Europeans which would have been dropped when they average the scores for PCS.

At SC for the SP she received these score in components:
    SS-7.25
    TR-6.96
    PE-7.32
    CH-7.43
    IN-7.21 (most judges gave her marks throughout the 7s, while a couple judges gave her 8.00s, and few others gave high 6s(particularly for SS and TR).

These marks were fair because while the program was satisfactory and I loved the idea of the SP, it was definitely lacking in the first two components, and for the other three the potential was there but she was more skating through the program that actually living/performing to it.

At Rostelecom Cup:(many if not most people have said that with one mark rising the other four do too, whether it's justified for all of them, right?)
    SS-8.07
    TR-7.82
    PE-8.29
    CH-8.21
    IN-8.36 (all judges thought CH, PE, and IN were worthy of low to mid 8s, and SS and TR, followed with the relative difference between those two and the other three being the same as at SC.

Julia performed the program much better here the jumps were more solid, the spins better, the stepseq was great and the ch, was performed and executed to the music better so her interpretation went up. The only thing that I would chane is to bring her SS mark down more because, while I don't think so, others do. Even if you change that so she's at 7.25 the same as at SC that only brings her mark down less than a point.

If you look at the GP Final she skated her program very well, but it was somewhat lacking compared to COR, although much better than at SC. The judges don't seem to know what to score for components. Each of the components is only 0.30 points higher than at SC but each judge has wildly different opinions, 3 judges have her 6.50-7.75, while the other 6 have her half in high 7s half in 8s.

PCS
    29 SC solid technically, lacking performance
    32 COR solid technically, greater performance
    30 GPF somewhat solid technically, solid performance

LP PCS
    You can't say that falls necessarily change the PCS otherwise you would have to say that Carolina should have had lower PCS in the FS) And that is what the criteria says, the judges are supposed to look at how the elements add or take away from the quality, but that one or two falls are not to be penalized in PCS because that's already taken care of in GOE.

SC 61 completely solid technically, good performance ~I thought her PCS for the FS was low though, because I've checked back to last year and skaters for similar performances then are getting over 4 points higher for a good performance and over 6 points higher for a great one. Julia's skating in regards to the components is like night and day to last year. So I feel if Mao gets 71 points, then Julia is at the point where her PCS should have been around 63
    COR 64 satisfactory technically because even with mistakes and losing 15 points she was still two points above the next strongest competitor, two falls didn't interrupt the program much, but her performance and interpretation of the music was stronger than at SC. Even if you say her PCS should not have been that high, Carolina received 69 so I feel that the gap was perfectly sound.
    GPF 61 Fairly solid technically, but she skated more tentatively and the interpretation was lacking. I still think that if Mao was at 69 then Julia because of CH and IN should have been at 62.

At Europeans her PCS was well deserved because both technically and in terms of components she had the skates of her life, especially in the LP. In the SP 32 was exactly where she should be with that skate but Carolina was underscored and should have been at 35-36 instead. For the LP even though she was incredible I think 65-66 would have been just as good. But ultimately PCS had no bearing on this, its always going to be subjective. This competition was decided by TES, well actually it was decided by BV.
    BV:
    Julia 61
    Adelina 59 (even with 3-3 combination)
    Carolina 52 (even adding 5 points to what she completed)

TES:
    Julia 72
    Adelina 62
    Carolina 52

On PCS they got 68, 69, and 71(which is the PCS Yuna Kim got at 2013 Worlds) respectively. The technical margins mean that even if you just take Julia's PCS down to 60.5, or if you take her's and Adelina's down to 59 the results would have been the exact same. You could even take Julia's down to 51 if Adelina's was put at 58.5 and the results would have been the same.

And for the record, Julia received one 10 for IN and one 9.75 for PE from the Russian judge, as well as a 9.25 from another judge who also gave 9.25 for TR, all the rest ranged from 7.5 to 9.00. Over three-quarters of the marks were 8.75 or lower. Also I thought the highest and lowest were dropped before the remaining seven were averaged, or two random ones. Regardless, if you remove the top two from each category and calculate her PCS, it would only change by a maximum of 1 point overall.
    SS-8.43
    TR-8.14
    PE-8.71
    CH-8.54
    IN-8.68

Regarding the FS at the team event, I would have thought that her PCS should have been 65, but if ISU judges who gave Carolina a 71 at Europeans, are giving Julia 69 for a clean performance, then Carolina, Mao and Yuna will be receiving 75+. The judges here are from CAN, JPN, USA, etc. What possible reason could these judges have to give 8's unless they saw that in her skating? She never received any 10s, the highest was a few 9.25s Anyway same as at Europeans if you dropped her PCS two points to 31 from 33.5 for the SP and to 58 from 69.8 for the LP, the results would have been identical. You could also drop her TES by 6 points and her PCS by 6 points and they're still exactly the same. Even if you raise everybody else's PCS by 12 points, she still would have won. No matter which way you look at it the only way this won't be fair is if they don't have Mao, Carolina and Yuna's PCS at 75+ when they skate in the individual event.

Custom Title
    This time, I agree with Frank wholeheartedly. 10s are not deserved by this young lady yet.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast