Results 1 to 15 of 60

Thread: Savchenko wants to continue...

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    309

    Savchenko wants to continue...

    wow

    she said in a press converence today that the sochi games are not her last olympics (she s 30!)

    Robin wants to retire after this season, but not she!!!

    so ...

    have u an idea? who s gonna fit with her Skating/character???


    eric radford? :-)

  2. #2
    Keepin' it real gsk8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,589
    Article here

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    my god. the Fumie Suguri effect
    and I thought Yuko at 32 was bad enough

    OTH, maybe she should pair up with Alexander Smirnov

  4. #4
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,885
    I think Savchenko and Radford would make a wonderful couple! Unfortunately he's not that great a lifter. I think he's a wonderfully artistic skater and she could complement him well. It'd be quite the story though ... a Canadian and a Russian Olympic champ from Ukraine pairing up.

  5. #5
    - * - blue_idealist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,762
    Rockne Brubaker? Although he's had so many switches over the last few years. Can't think of anyone else. I don't want Radford to split up with Duhamel, and I don't think he wants to, either. Smirnov could work if Yuko wants to retire. It's too bad she couldn't pair up with H. Zhang but I think it'd be hard to get Chinese citizenship and he's already doing well with Peng, anyhow. What citizenships does she have? Did she have to renounce Ukrainian to skate for Germany?

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Rockne Brubaker? Although he's had so many switches over the last few years. Can't think of anyone else. I don't want Radford to split up with Duhamel, and I don't think he wants to, either. Smirnov could work if Yuko wants to retire. It's too bad she couldn't pair up with H. Zhang but I think it'd be hard to get Chinese citizenship and he's already doing well with Peng, anyhow. What citizenships does she have? Did she have to renounce Ukrainian to skate for Germany?
    yes, she is a German citizen now
    anyways I doubt she and Smirnov will pair up even if Yuko retires

    don't see that happening, she seems to have grudge skating in Russia

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    She and Smirnov would make an interesting pairing. If Megan Duhamel retires, so would she and Eric Radford.
    either of those two will do
    Duhamel is the weak link in D/R

    I have a feeling she wont get a better partner and will just retire anyways

  8. #8
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,885
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    either of those two will do
    Duhamel is the weak link in D/R
    I agree Duhamel is the weaker link, but there are no female pairs skaters capable of pulling off the technical moves she does. I would love to see Aliona try though! SBS triple flips maybe?

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    I agree Duhamel is the weaker link, but there are no female pairs skaters capable of pulling off the technical moves she does. I would love to see Aliona try though! SBS triple flips maybe?
    I dont see that happening though, that would mean Savchenko hopping into another citizenhip, lol
    I guess she will become a Fumie Suguri of Pairs sadly

  10. #10
    - * - blue_idealist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,762
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    I agree Duhamel is the weaker link, but there are no female pairs skaters capable of pulling off the technical moves she does. I would love to see Aliona try though! SBS triple flips maybe?
    I would have to disagree that Duhamel is the weaker link. I think they're about equal. I would say she falls more on the SBS jumps, but he struggles with the lifts at times.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •