Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Savchenko wants to continue...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Brian and Aliona would be interesting, but he doesn't have much pair experience so I can't picture him getting the lifts and twist so easily. Even unison and pairs spins might be hard for him.
    More like he doesn't have any pair experience :P Honestly, the vision of seing them skate together is actually both tempting and intriguing (and if I was Aliona I would totally try it just for the sake of being around such a gorgeous man for so long) but I cannot see a strong personality like Joubert who has never had to rely on anyone but himself in his skating, becoming a part of a team, where mistakes of your partner are your mistakes and vice versa. Let alone learning all the pair elements, which I'm pretty sure are damn difficult for someone who's never even tried it. But a charming idea indeed!

Custom Title
    It would be interesting for Aliona et Brian to make a try. It would be cool to watch them.

Custom Title
    ^as gutsy as Aliona is, I can't imagine her ever letting a newbie pair lift her in the air.

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    Article in a german magazine where Robin states that he is definitely is ending his career after Worlds. He feels too old now and that his body is not as it was some years ago. No word about Aliona. I just can't imagine her with a different partner, but who knows.

Custom Title
    I wish aliona well but really sometimes it is hard to say good bye. Statistically speaking it is rather doubtful that she, K and S will all be around skating competitively for 2018 but who knows. I know Pang and Tong will say they are glad they continued but I wonder... do they REALLY feel that way? Do these skaters have a plan and life outside of skating - i would worry if they rely upon skating for their livelihood and who they are.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5