Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Savchenko wants to continue...

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    I agree Duhamel is the weaker link, but there are no female pairs skaters capable of pulling off the technical moves she does. I would love to see Aliona try though! SBS triple flips maybe?
    I would have to disagree that Duhamel is the weaker link. I think they're about equal. I would say she falls more on the SBS jumps, but he struggles with the lifts at times.

Custom Title
    Artur Dmitriev will be a great choice. She will return to her homeland and train together with Moskvina...

Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    But Tran went through a heartbreak of pairing up with non-Canadian and didn't go anywhere.
    He would not compete for Germany. He wouldn't move to Germany.
    I don't think she wants to compete for Canada or moves away from her coach either.
    It would certainly be complicated to pair up with Tran or any skater from a country other than Germany, but if she's serious about carrying on I really don't see any possibility that would be an ideal solution. There aren't any pairs skaters in Germany anywhere near where she and Robin were, so either she teams up with someone below her skill level in the hopes he can catch up, or she tries a partnership with another world-class pairs skater from a different country and deals with the complexity of that. Either way, it'll be difficult.

That's assuming she's going to try to go through with this. It may be that her deep disappointment is talking right now, and she'll see things differently in a few months.

Custom Title
    Ruben Blommaert. And then skate for Belgium

I'm gonna Customize the CRAP out of this Title!!! Frenchie's Avatar
    I don't think this will end up in something...
    If it does, Rogonov does indeed have great qualities, but I don't know how Aliona would feel about being the "grandma" in the couple, with him being - and looking! - so young...
    Tran would fit, imo, I always liked the guy and felt really bad for him losing the Olympics because of a nationality issue.

Just as a laugh: Brian Joubert has always said (as a joke) many years ago that he wanted to win the Olympics as a singles skater and then win the Olympics as a pairs skater... So: here's your shot, dude! You won't find any better available lady to partner with!

If she and her new partner need another country to quickly provide them with citizenship for 2018, they can always skate for Israel. Amazing how many Ukranians ended up representing Israel in Figure Skating, even when not residing there.

Can skating get anymore histrionic these days?

I nominate Chaz Michael Michaels to be her partner. Sex on ice. With her looking so good in mini skirts, only he would do.

Custom Title
    I don't think that , if she really said that, that she relly think like that. She was in the heat of the disaster, she still had the adrenaline in her body.

I think it would be very very difficult for someone having 30 years and the level she has to adjust to a new partner. Not impossible, but very hard to get to a similar level. Especially for the woman, as she must adjust to the power the man brings.

I hope tehy will come for a last hurraaaa at the WM, they still have a shot at a silver even a gold if the russian are now relaxing.

Custom Title
    Didn't Joubert say he would be interested to try pair skating Brian and Aliona :D

Custom Title
    Joubert would be great for her. They have that athletic look down!
    Jboo can still land triples easily. They should be competitive immediately.

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    uh, you guys are aware that this is a rumour, and Aliona denied this? It is just interpretation of her saying she'd like to continue. She is very ambitious and her dreams were crushed. But how realistic is this? Think about it! I honestly don't think she will continue, the only way I see it happening is with Robin.

But Brian and Aliona...wow, great thinking! That would be a fantastic pair !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    Ruben Blommaert. And then skate for Belgium
    Blommaesrt is with Anabelle still right ?
    but since she has German citizenship now, she only needs to look inside Germany
    thats like finding a needle in a haystack

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Damnit, Savchenko did indeed deny this and obviously now it does look ridiculously unrealistic when you think of it. Oh well, back to reality.

Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Duhamel is by far the weaker link of the two. Even if you argue they are on par technically (and I wouldnt, he is more consistent on jumps than her, and has an easier time doing his role with the hard elements I sense); then artistically, quality of line, and in terms of basics he is miles ahead of her. That isnt to say she isnt a strong, powerful, and determined skater, but there is a limit to her potential moreso than Eric IMO.
    Eric Radford is the weakest lifter I've ever seen in competitive senior pair skating, barring a few tragically bad teams.

Custom Title
    Duhamel is the Akiko of pairs skating.
    She just lights up my day watching her, so I hope she continues.
    Aliona is fit enough to stay another four years but finding a good enough partner within Germany is the tough one.
    I don't think she will stay on though.

Can Zhang change nationality to german?, It would be great he with Aliona, he with her young partner looks very werid .

Custom Title
    I don't see Zhang leaving the Chinese pairs program. I imagine he feels a deep personal loyalty to both his country and his coach, Yao Bin (and now to Hongbo Zhao). But I am speaking from complete ignorance, and life will always surprise us.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast