2014 Olympics Mens Free Skate | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Mens Free Skate

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I don't think I've ever seen anyone GIVE UP quite to the extent that Romanenkov just did. It was sort of horrifyingly fascinating to watch.

Dutchie

Rinkside
He looked like he wanted to quit halfway through the program then realized " oh wait, this is the Olympics, I have to finish this". Poor kid.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
This first group was pretty boring, except Bychenko and Rakimgaliev, who were mildly entertaining. Can't wait for Reynolds, Abbott, Ge et al in the next group.

Rikku

Just enjoying the skating
Final Flight
Viktor Romanenkov.... FS = 78.44
Total = 139.99
Into 6th

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
"I'm not entirely sure that Carmen was the right music for him"

Belinda, darling, it's not the right music for anyone.

Dutchie

Rinkside
Sounds like Jeremy got the loudest cheer and applause as they announced the skaters to take the ice for warmup. Atleast he already has the crowd on his side!

DaveT

On the Ice
oh my god if i hear one more carmen or requiem for a dream i'm going to rip my own arm off just so i have something to throw at the tv

The Requiem for a Dream one has always confused me, what theme are they trying to interpret? The film is about the plight of heroin addicts and the destruction of their lives on drugs. Seriously, does the choreographer say here we are showing how their lives were normal and now we represent how it was blissful as they began to use, the next section shows how their lives start to decline as they become addicted and we end with showing their lives destroyed or death? I keep waiting for someone to choreograph skaters sticking needles in their arms.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
It's probably the cost of attending (incl. transportation, accommodation) is too expensive compared to the average disposable income. Salt Lake City isn't a huge city either, less population than Sochi in fact.