Page 3 of 120 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Olympics Mens Free Skate

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    I have a hard time believing that 2 quads and 6 triples is Chan's real layout. I think the planned 3flip+2toe towards the end of the program will become 3flip+3toe depending on Hanyu's performance and scores.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I had to write this, cause thus us my lucky day! I don't know if anyone is in Sochi but i have one ticket for the men to give for free! On my way to Oly train I met two girls, fr Serbia and Mexico who were here for Plush, I know it doesn't sound good but the Serbian girl won't be going and gave me her A category for free (!!! Imagine my reaction) so I wish someone is here and wants to see men's free on my seat!!!
    I m flying!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Actually the race for bronze is the most dramatic, so having Jason end is actually sort of interesting.

Anyway, the NYT has a cool graphic of the planned jump content for the final group:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...umps.html?_r=1
    Neat graphic! Although they should have used Chan's TEB program if they were going to use best programs of the season and accurately show *planned* content.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I have a hard time believing that 2 quads and 6 triples is Chan's real layout. I think the planned 3flip+2toe towards the end of the program will become 3flip+3toe depending on Hanyu's performance and scores.
    Then he is going to lose his olympic medal because he is already repeating 4T and 3lutz. He can't repeat 3T too. Hanyu has two different quads because of this rule.

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    I had to write this, cause thus us my lucky day! I don't know if anyone is in Sochi but i have one ticket for the men to give for free! On my way to Oly train I met two girls, fr Serbia and Mexico who were here for Plush, I know it doesn't sound good but the Serbian girl won't be going and gave me her A category for free (!!! Imagine my reaction) so I wish someone is here and wants to see men's free on my seat!!!
    I m flying!!
    That's so cool for you seniorita. So Plush not competing has at least a small positive effect for you!

Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    Then he is going to lose his olympic medal because he is already repeating 4T and 3lutz. He can't repeat 3T too. Hanyu has two different quads because of this rule.
    My comment is based on this article http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...umps.html?_r=2, which shows Chan's layout as:
    4toe+2toe
    4toe
    3Axel
    3Lutz+1loop+3Salchow
    3Lutz
    3loop
    3flip+2toe
    2Axel

Custom Title
    yes but his intendend plan has a 4toe+ 3toe...

from http://www.sochi2014.com/en/figure-s...n-free-skating

4T+3T
    4T
    3A
    3Lz+1Lo+3S
    3Lz
    3Lo
    3F+2T
    2A

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    I hope Hanyu makes his 4S.

If Chan goes clean like the GPF and Hanyu falls again on his 4S but still wins, I'm going to have a lot of explaining to do for my coworkers and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by jace93 View Post
    Yes, that is what he has been planning all season up to this point. I'm not sure why this article is claiming otherwise unless it's a mistake or they have some inside info from Chan's team. Doing the 3toe later in the program after the 3flip would net him more points if he were able to pull it off.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jace93 View Post
    Agreed. But yes, in the past if he's missed the 3T on the opening quad and only does a double he will add it onto the 3F often.

Custom Title
    Good luck again to Daisuke, Brian, Tomas and Jeremy!!! (soooo sad that Evgeni is not here...)

They are the ones who did make me fall in figure skating again, along with Stephane, Jeff, Johnny and Evan, and I have been rooting for them for 10 years till today. I do not want them to retire, forever, but it seems the day has come finally. Figure Skating won't be the same without them for me...;;;;;;;; I don't think I can watch tonight's free skate without crying, honestly.

I should be rather grateful, however, since they decided to continue their competitive career even after Vancouver (though they knew it wasn't an easy road to ride at all) and gave us another wonderful 4 years of time to enjoy figure skating and many memorable performances full of their personality.
    With much love, gratitude and admiration from my heart I will stay up all night to watch these wonderful boys to skate their very last Free skate at the Olympic Games, cheer for them, and I will try hard not to miss any moments of every single performance of theirs tonight.

Goooo Dai, Brian, Tomas aaand Jeremy! Go all out! Skate with all of your heart. Just for youself and for your love for skating!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UnsaneLily87 View Post
    There isn't enough valium in the world for me to handle that. And I'm not even the one skating.
    I know exactly what you mean. At the same time, I'm thinking to myself "they can go out there and _do_ that, and you can't even watch??!!"

Yesterday, I had to read the comments here before I could watch because I was so nervous.

I hate myself

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    My comment is based on this article http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...umps.html?_r=2, which shows Chan's layout as:
    4toe+2toe
    4toe
    3Axel
    3Lutz+1loop+3Salchow
    3Lutz
    3loop
    3flip+2toe
    2Axel
    I think they just copied last competition's protocols because this page says Fernandez planning 2lutz+2toe. (Europeans) Olympics page has planned elements list. http://www.sochi2014.com/en/figure-s...n-free-skating

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    I hope Hanyu makes his 4S.

If Chan goes clean like the GPF and Hanyu falls again on his 4S but still wins, I'm going to have a lot of explaining to do for my coworkers and friends.
    Just say he has more difficult jumps,several of them are in second half too. Don't worry nobody going to question a skater If his technical points are still better than second place skater, even with a fall. When you are only winning with PCS, thats problem.

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    I know exactly what you mean. At the same time, I'm thinking to myself "they can go out there and _do_ that, and you can't even watch??!!"

Yesterday, I had to read the comments here before I could watch because I was so nervous.

I hate myself
    Aw, don't hate yourself. I know the feeling. It is hard to be so emotionally invested in something. A moment that only arrives every 4 years, it is hard to stay calm, even for us fans.

Page 3 of 120 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 103 ... LastLast