Page 4 of 120 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Olympics Mens Free Skate

Quote Originally Posted by MaiKatze View Post
    Aw, don't hate yourself. I know the feeling. It is hard to be so emotionally invested in something. A moment that only arrives every 4 years, it is hard to stay calm, even for us fans.
    Thanks (I still haven't been able to watch Jeremy's SP. I only need to read about it and I'm already bawlin. I think I'll give it a month or so)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    Just say he has more difficult jumps,several of them are in second half too. Don't worry nobody going to question a skater If his technical points are still better than second place skater, even with a fall. When you are only winning with PCS, thats problem.
    Yeah but they're going to see it as "but that guy fell and the other didnt, and that guy did two quads and the other guy only did 1". Oh well, I'll have to painstakingly explain to them how the system works, then.

I don't think that's going to happen though, because both guys will skate clean (I hope! ) and I'll just say Hanyu had two triple axels and two different quads so he was able to rack up more points.

Wow, I'm so nervous for everybody. /breathe

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MaiKatze View Post
    It is hard to be so emotionally invested in something. A moment that only arrives every 4 years, it is hard to stay calm, even for us fans.
    Yeah, I could never be a competitive skater. I have hardly slept these last couple of days because of the anxiety and anticipation of how my favorite skaters will do. I don't think any of us will ever fully know or understand just how tough all of them are for even stepping out on that ice and training every day for an Olympic dream that is so fleeting.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Yeah but they're going to see it as "but that guy fell and the other didnt, and that guy did two quads and the other guy only did 1". Oh well, I'll have to painstakingly explain to them how the system works, then.
    Just think yourself trying to explain ''that guy fell 2 times, this guy skated very good, why he didn't win'' (PCS) Trust me, this is much more harder than explain maths of figure skating. You have to just say ''his base value a lot of higher than this guy'' or you can say ''4S with a fall still going to get 7.50, because its quad, you know its a big jump''

Hanyu knows he only had to rotate that quad. He got 102 TES in GPF with a fall (still 5 point higher than Chan) This is excellent program layout from Orser.

Custom Title
    Go Yuzuru! he has got to win today. no other result is acceptable!

Custom Title
    re battle for bronze medal: my last-minute-wish to the skating gods is, if not Daisuke, then Brian to win it!
    Brian deserves an Olympic medal, I believe, more than anyone else here, considering all his great accomplishment in the last 10+ years along with Evgeni! Goo Brian!!!

Custom Title
    Practice reports
    http://www.sanspo.com/sochi2014/news...130054-n1.html

Hanyu landed 4T and 4S in the official practice
    Takahashi having troubles with the 3A?
    Machida is confident of grabbing the bronze

Plushenko predicts Hanyu's win
    http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...000196-jij-spo

how do you think?

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    re battle for bronze medal: my last-minute-wish to the skating gods is, if not Daisuke, then Brian to win it!
    Brian deserves an Olympic medal, I believe, more than anyone else here, considering all his great accomplishment in the last 10+ years along with Evgeni! Goo Brian!!!
    So true. If Daisuke won't make it, I want Brian or Javier to do it.

Just 20 minutes to go! I hope Yuzuru won't collapse after the free. I have a feeling he has his exhaustion/asthma under control now, but he still was drenched in sweat after the short.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I am outside arena and many people have one Japanese one Russian flower at their cheek, I ll do it too!

Custom Title
    Hmm, been looking through the streaming schedules and can't find one yet for the Men's LP. If anyone can find a working one--especially the BBC one (I need my Robin Cousins' fix!), please post the link. Thank you!

Here's hoping all the men skate clean and let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    I had to write this, cause thus us my lucky day! I don't know if anyone is in Sochi but i have one ticket for the men to give for free! On my way to Oly train I met two girls, fr Serbia and Mexico who were here for Plush, I know it doesn't sound good but the Serbian girl won't be going and gave me her A category for free (!!! Imagine my reaction) so I wish someone is here and wants to see men's free on my seat!!!
    I m flying!!
    Sweet!

On the Ice

Hic Rhodus, hic salta
    I couldn't watch anything live yesterday, but now here I am, sorted for tea and snacks, and I am already a nervous, emotional mess! I hope I can make it through.

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by reaal1 View Post
    BBC/CBC/Somewhere in Europe or Asia?

Page 4 of 120 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 104 ... LastLast